TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Are you kidding me?!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are you kidding me?!

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
So I have this customer in here, and they left today with their vehicle, all fine
and dandy, so they call back accusing us of STEALING their cassette tapes for their tape player...so I was like okay, I asked all the guys who worked on the vehicle if they had seen anything or forgot to put them back in, they said nope, they didn't see anything. So I got on the phone with the customer and told them, and they didnt believe me! So then they go and call the insurance company and report it! .... Okay, so the lady from the insurance company calls me, and we deal with it. Here's where it gets good...

So they came in just furious, claiming that we stole their tapes! So I had one of my guys look in their vehicle to see if they were under the seat or if the customer over looked them....yup, they were in the CENTER COUNSOLE!! Seriously, don't you think you'd look thru your whole car before coming in and accusing someone of stealing something?

Didn't even get an "I'm sorry" from them either. Seriously...some people are just mean!
post #2 of 29
rude, rude people!
post #3 of 29
People like that should be hung up by their toenails.
post #4 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat
People like that should be hung up by their toenails.
I agree!! I am just fuming!! Like they couldn't check their vehicle BEFORE they started accusing us and my workers?! UGH!

Sorry....I just had to vent!! This is why I don't like working with the public most of the time!
post #5 of 29
I forget alot of where I place things... but I never accuse until I have turned it inside out
post #6 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
I forget alot of where I place things... but I never accuse until I have turned it inside out
EXACTLY!!
At least you (and most people) look EVERYWHERE before going and accusing people of stealing!
post #7 of 29
I hope these folks do not reproduce.
post #8 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavDoc
I hope these folks do not reproduce.
They have several other children!
post #9 of 29
That's horrible! I hope they never sit on juries!

I'm so sorry that happened to you .
post #10 of 29
Sheesh....you shoulda clued them in to the fact that tapes aren't worth much anymore! Helllooooo people! Ever heard of CDs? Doesn't matter if you don't have a cd player...ya should still know what one is by now!
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
rude, rude people!

post #12 of 29
Thread Starter 
I am just mad cuz we tell them to take out all valuables before repairs are started so in case something MIGHT be replaced while repairs are being done to their vehicles....some people just DONT listen!!

Thanks everyone for listening to me vent!!
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat
People like that should be hung up by their toenails.
post #14 of 29
Why on earth would anyone steal cassette tapes! Most cars have cd players, I can't imagine tapes would be worth anything if pawned. That's just silly.
post #15 of 29
Some people just aren't happy unless they are picking a fight. Sorry you had to get drawn into their silliness.
post #16 of 29
Mean people suck!
post #17 of 29
it is kinda funny how dumb people can be.

Stupid's deserve out pity- not our contempt!
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal
Mean people suck!
Yup, I agree!
post #19 of 29
Must be the day for it!

I had a guy called who said one of my guys spilt grape juice on his white carpet in a room they didn't even go in and cancelled his cheque until we fixed it. So I sent out a company we use for cleanups when we do messy jobs - they sent me back an email saying the stain is at least 2 years old and has been covered by a chair for a while as there is a discolouration of the carpet :roll:

He still won't pay us and now we have paid this other company to go and look at it too UGH
post #20 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21
Must be the day for it!

I had a guy called who said one of my guys spilt grape juice on his white carpet in a room they didn't even go in and cancelled his cheque until we fixed it. So I sent out a company we use for cleanups when we do messy jobs - they sent me back an email saying the stain is at least 2 years old and has been covered by a chair for a while as there is a discolouration of the carpet :roll:

He still won't pay us and now we have paid this other company to go and look at it too UGH
Some people think they can get away with everything!
post #21 of 29
I know!

Seemingly he expects us to replace the whole downstairs carpet because of the carpets age and a new piece for one room wouldn't match.

And he doesn't believe our cleaning company because they are biased
post #22 of 29
Omg!! Some people are so batty!
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley
So they came in just furious, claiming that we stole their tapes! So I had one of my guys look in their vehicle to see if they were under the seat or if the customer over looked them....yup, they were in the CENTER COUNSOLE!! Seriously, don't you think you'd look thru your whole car before coming in and accusing someone of stealing something?
That sounds idiotically funny, especially since it's something as lame as cassette tapes. Are you sure it wasn't eight track tapes?
post #24 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
That sounds idiotically funny, especially since it's something as lame as cassette tapes. Are you sure it wasn't eight track tapes?
They probably were! Seriously...I mean, cassette tapes?!
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley
They probably were! Seriously...I mean, cassette tapes?!
Okay, now tell us those cassette tapes were home brewed compliations.
post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Okay, now tell us those cassette tapes were home brewed compliations.
post #27 of 29
I have dealt w/people like that myself. I was working as an admin for a pest control company and this lady called because she recieved a bill in the mail (from me) and was livid! She swore up and down she sent the check and it was paid two weeks ago. I assured her over and over we didnt get it. Told her to call the bank and put a stop payment on the check. Well I could hear her walking around her house shuffling things around and talking about " I was sitting RIGHT here at my desk when I wrote out the check and I swear........) she stopped talking and paused. I said "hello?" thinking we got disconnected. She says " I found it, but it was hidden under ALL THESE DAMN BILLS YOU SENT ME" ( I only sent one, it was recorded in the database) and she hung up. 2 days later I got the payment in the mail, it was written out almost 3 weeks prior to when she recieved the bill
post #28 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256
I have dealt w/people like that myself. I was working as an admin for a pest control company and this lady called because she recieved a bill in the mail (from me) and was livid! She swore up and down she sent the check and it was paid two weeks ago. I assured her over and over we didnt get it. Told her to call the bank and put a stop payment on the check. Well I could hear her walking around her house shuffling things around and talking about " I was sitting RIGHT here at my desk when I wrote out the check and I swear........) she stopped talking and paused. I said "hello?" thinking we got disconnected. She says " I found it, but it was hidden under ALL THESE DAMN BILLS YOU SENT ME" ( I only sent one, it was recorded in the database) and she hung up. 2 days later I got the payment in the mail, it was written out almost 3 weeks prior to when she recieved the bill
Oh goodness, people like that are just....not nice! See, if they would LOOK before accusing innocent people....haha, that story cracks me up tho, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that deals with customers like that.
post #29 of 29
Oh we get them ALL the time!

People can be so weird.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Are you kidding me?!