TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm Not Quite Ready to Feed the Plants! (My ankle is much better now!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I'm Not Quite Ready to Feed the Plants! (My ankle is much better now!) - Page 7

post #181 of 208
Will you be able to play softball though?? considering you have screws all over your leg
post #182 of 208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
Will you be able to play softball though?? considering you have screws all over your leg
Oh you laugh Fwan... you laugh! I had planned to exercise specifically for softball all winter and I'm not going to let this scrap metal in my leg stop me! I will be playing softball when the snow is gone. (hopefully )
post #183 of 208


this is pink!!!

hehehe sorry i had to!!!
post #184 of 208
Poor Ryan! Extra snuggles from my girls!
post #185 of 208
Sorry, Ryan, I've just managed to catch up on your thread!

It's a shame you had to have surgery, but it will be better in the long run, as will the splint!! (my friend broke his leg in three places and healed much faster in a splint than a cast!)

Sending lots of No Pain and Quick Mend }}}VIBES{{{ your way!
post #186 of 208
Thread Starter 
I'm not usually on TCS this time of day, but I came back from my follow up appointment for my ankle this morning and I'm quite happy. I got an X-Ray. Then an intern came in to see me and then the doctor who lead the surgery. I had thought I was recovering well, but I had some questions in mind that were answered before I got to ask as the intern began to describe what I should expect in the next year. My ankle is a bit thicker than the other and there's still some minor pain, but that's entirely normal and expected for a long time yet. What made me happy is that my flexibility and mobility is farther ahead than the norm. I can start running when I am able to ride a bike for half an hour. I've already been riding my stationary bike for a few weeks now (30 min) and even doing calf raises. I've been working out the rest of me too, so screw the 6 month recovery copout that they probably tell everyone. I think I'll have everything working like a well oiled machine by the time softball season rolls around, which is part of my New Year's resolution.
post #187 of 208
That's great news, Ryan!! These splints really do work wonders - much better than a cast!!

Keep up the good work and you'll be ready for the season in no time at all!
post #188 of 208
That's good news, you must be happy about that! Keep working out and you'll be in the best shape of your career by the time softball season rolls around!
post #189 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushylady
That's good news, you must be happy about that! Keep working out and you'll be in the best shape of your career by the time softball season rolls around!
& everyone will be shocked & amazed at your remarkable healing ability!
post #190 of 208
BRavo, Ryan!! That's great news!
post #191 of 208
Thats my babe!

im glad to hear that it went okay
post #192 of 208
That's great, Ryan!
post #193 of 208
Good news but still don't push it too much too fast you still have lots of time before softball starts!!
post #194 of 208
I knew you could do it! My friend had a similar ankle break, as I have mentioned. He broke it in December and was skiing on it by February.

post #195 of 208
That's great news! Congratulations on your apparent superior healing ability!
post #196 of 208
Thread Starter 
Thanks everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
Good news but still don't push it too much too fast you still have lots of time before softball starts!!
To late. Earlier tonight I did calf raises with as much weight as I could. Seriously though, I'm going to stay away from heavy squats for a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb25
I knew you could do it! My friend had a similar ankle break, as I have mentioned. He broke it in December and was skiing on it by February.

I could easily enjoy skiing on it now, but I prefer snowboarding. It's so much easier to play hide and seek with Chasey now too. She was getting bored of "limp and be seen"
post #197 of 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
but I prefer snowboarding.
Do you? I can't imagine having both feet tied to one board. I have enough of a challenge skiing (especially in FL, with no mountains or snow).
post #198 of 208
That's terrific news, Ryan! You've still got a ways to go till softball season, so hopefully you'll be 100% by then.
post #199 of 208
Excellant news Wyan!! You are on your way to a speedy recovery.
post #200 of 208
Great news Ryan! You'll be 100% in no time!
post #201 of 208
Peekaboo!
post #202 of 208
Great news, but I guess the inane questions will stop coming if you get better and aren't at the computer as much!
post #203 of 208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Great news, but I guess the inane questions will stop coming if you get better and aren't at the computer as much!
Don't get your hopes up. You won't notice much a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
Peekaboo!
You wang Fwan?
post #204 of 208
Terrific, Ryan! Soon, you will be even stronger than before this injury occurred!
post #205 of 208
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
Terrific, Ryan! Soon, you will be even stronger than before this injury occurred!
Thanks I sure hope so. I want to clear the fence this year.
post #206 of 208
[quote=Hydroaxe]Don't get your hopes up. You won't notice much a difference.[quote]
Does that mean I won't notice much of a difference because I'm dense? Or does it mean I won't notice much of a difference because you'll be on the same amount? Hmm? What does it mean? Well? Answer at you own risk! Maybe I am dense, I can't get the quote thing to work!
post #207 of 208
Thread Starter 
[quote=menagerie mama][quote=Hydroaxe]Don't get your hopes up. You won't notice much a difference.
Quote:
Does that mean I won't notice much of a difference because I'm dense? Or does it mean I won't notice much of a difference because you'll be on the same amount? Hmm? What does it mean? Well? Answer at you own risk! Maybe I am dense, I can't get the quote thing to work!
Well, you said it yourself! No, I meant that I may manage a similar amount of time.
post #208 of 208
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I'm Not Quite Ready to Feed the Plants! (My ankle is much better now!)