The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since there are a few of us engaged folks on here, I thought it'd be fun to start a wedding plans thread. I know we've all become involved on a gazillion wedding websites, but for me it's more fun to share things with my TCS friends!

So all you finacès out there, this is your chance to talk weddings (no doubt your favorite topic these days!

Here are my plans so far: Our date is Oct. 7th, 2006. Next week, we're going to pay the deposit to have our ceremony and reception at the Mulberry Inn. It's a beautiful hotel just above River Street and situated among Savannah's gorgeous squares (which'll make a nice backdrop for wedding pictures!). We're having our ceremony in the courtyard (it is so beautiful!) and the reception will be indoors/outdoors- basically taking over the first floor
. We haven't decided on the menu yet, but Bradley's family is paying for an open bar

So anyway, that's where we stand so far. How's everyone else's plans coming along?

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!!!
I'm having my wedding on the same day as you!! Just in another continent! So a spring wedding for me!!

We booked the reception and ceremony about 6 months ago (Yes, this is a LONG engagement
We have been together for 7 1/2 years!!)

I'm about to start with photography and video!!

Then I'm relaxing until about 8 months before the wedding!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is so exciting! The Mulberry Inn is so beautiful, Amy! This will be so romantic!
Open bar! Are we invited!

You're certainly being smart about your plans, Jane, making preparations so well in advance! Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress!

More congratulations to you both!

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!!

Well, I waited long enough to get proposed to so I'm making sure that everything is perfect!! Plus I wanted to have it in Spring and this Spring (that is right now!) was too close (And we didn't have any money!) - So we decided next spring would give us lots of time to organise it, especially as my parents are inter-state and this way can be included in the planning process!!

I'm sooooo excited!! I can't believe its less than a year now!! Time goes sooooo quickly!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm so happy for you guys!!

Now, if only we could get Ian to propose...

But I think it's coming, for the following reasons:
1. He made me sign a contract saying that I will own no more than 6 cats at a time.
2. He got a big $1500 bonus from work and I was like 'Oh, yay, now you can get the new computer you've been wanting!' and he said 'I have other plans for it.' and then absolutely would not tell me what it was for. He finally told me he was going to pay of credit card debt, when I KNOW he doesn't have that much debt.
3. He is trying to discreetly find out my ring size. Only, not as discreetly as he may think he is

So...maybe this year!

Anyway, sorry to interrupt your thread. Back to planning!

Also, Amy, your location is Beeeeeeeaaauutiful!

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
the mulberry inn is a beautiful location for a wedding.............i wont be planning my wedding for some time cuz me and my fiance have decided to wait till i graduate college before we get married

nekokaasan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Amy, your venue looks lovely!

My hunny and I are getting married on December 11, 2005 (in about three weeks)!

We're mostly done, my mom is working on the flowers and I need to go back to David's Bridal for another fitting. I also need to arrange for wedding day hair and makeup. Um, and we have to buy attendant gifts.

I wish the guests would send the rest of the RSVPs back, though!

I can't believe that I'm walking down the aisle in less than a month... *jittery*

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Congratulations to all of you, it's so exciting!! I hope everything goes absolutely according to plan and you all have a wonderful day.
Very jealous but my time will come... (fingers crossed
lets hope Mark reads this hehe)
Lauren

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Awww, I'm so happy for you guys!!

Now, if only we could get Ian to propose...

But I think it's coming, for the following reasons:
1. He made me sign a contract saying that I will own no more than 6 cats at a time.
2. He got a big $1500 bonus from work and I was like 'Oh, yay, now you can get the new computer you've been wanting!' and he said 'I have other plans for it.' and then absolutely would not tell me what it was for. He finally told me he was going to pay of credit card debt, when I KNOW he doesn't have that much debt.
3. He is trying to discreetly find out my ring size. Only, not as discreetly as he may think he is
Oooh Allie I am so excited for you!
It's coming soon girl, that's for sure! And if he doesn't have a problem with you having up to 6 cats- wow, that's a keeper! He seems like such a sweet (and cute!) guy.

Jane, you picked a good day to get married girl!
I bet a spring wedding in Australia will be absolutely beautiful!

nekokaasan- Oooh it's getting down to the wire! Congrats!
It'll all be worth it. A neat idea for your bridesmaids' gifts is comfy flip flops (decorated in your colors) that they can change into for the reception. I'm doing that for my girls. I wish you tons of good luck; you'll have a great day!

I'm hoping us brides-to-be (and those of y'all who have already done the wedding thing) can share any interesting/unique ideas that you may have. Weddings are always more fun when there's a slight twist

Cindy, I wish you were closer! I'd love to have a cake baked by you! The Mulberry does all of the food, though (the $$ we pay them is for food and beverage only- the location and decorations and service are all included in the food price). My cake will come from Publix- I always get their cakes for my birthday and Bradley and I LOVE 'em. They make gorgeous cakes

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
OK well i don't think I fint in this thread any longer lol seeing how Charlie and I got married lastnight under a full moon. it was chilly yes but worth every minute of it. we had a very simple wedding with just me him the preacher and the 2 people that have known us from the moment we met to present. it was wonderful it was exciting too because we did it secretly no on (well except you guys) knows its thrilling. I have been waiting 10 years to marry this man,,, my soul mate... i couldn't be happier. congrats and good luck to the rest of you.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow! Congratulations! You pulled the wool over everyones' eyes!
I'm so glad you've found your soul mate

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Amy - the Mulberry Inn looks fantastic. You are going to have a gorgeous wedding!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to EVERYONE! Weddings are so exciting. I am with the girls who are still waiting for the question to be popped. I think my Lee is a little scared though!
But he is deffinately worth the wait!
The Mulberry Inn is so beautiful! You are gonna have the perfect wedding! Savannah is an awesome place! Good luck with all the planning!! I will ask all of you advice when its my turn!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy-Your location looks just absolutely PERFECT for your wedding, how gorgeous that is!!

I can't wait to get married....someday I'll get to post about it, but for now, I'm just so excited hearing about all your guys' weddings! I know they will all be so beautiful and perfect!!

katielv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It might sound crazy but we are not officially engaged yet but we are currently picking a church that we are going to get married in. We have a date picked (year and a half away). What I am currently working on is the location for the reception. It's going to be a small wedding, just the closest people (30 or so). I really want the location to be special but I don't know where to start. I have the maid of honor and bridesmaids picked. I'm thinking of the colors for the wedding. I think I have decided for sure that I want mostly black and white pictures.
I'm so excited for all of you that are getting married, or got married secretly. That is so sweet.
I would love to get married at the beach just the two of us, but I'm the only child and I don't think my mom would be too happy about that.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For all of you gals who are waiting on their guys to propose, I'll say this (since I was there just a few weeks ago myself): enjoy the anticipation. That'll make it so fun and exciting when your guys inevitably do propose. When they do propose, enjoy the moment! Enjoy being engaged for a while before going into bridal mode (wish I had done that!). It's such a fun and exciting time and I am hoping that , for ALL of you gals who are currently waiting, your wait will be over soon!