or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread! - Page 22

post #631 of 670
We've FINALLY found a place where we can do both the wedding and the reception!!!! I'm sooo happy! We recently had to change plans for our wedding (We got engaged on both of our birthdays- July 29) and we had a place but for several reasons had to change it. Next we were going to do it at the military base and have a traditional naval wedding (colin was in the navy 8 yrs and still is inactive reserve right now) We loved the ballroom at the base but hated the chapel (it was all business, and all ugly).

So with the wedding date (March) creeping up on us quickly we decided one last time to look around. Well, last night my sister mentioned how pretty her church was to us and how they allow non-members to get married there. So we called today and made an appointment.

OMG you guys withing moments of seeing the santuary, i knew it was where i wanted to be married. It is beautiful!!! Vaulted wooden ceilings with exposed wooden boards on the ceilings, stain glass windows, gorgeous pews, and the floor is just amazing! It is soo beautiful! You can tell that this church has had lots of love and attention paid to it/ The room where we plan to have the reception is just as beautiful! I couldn't be happier! I'm soo glad we didn't settle on the other places- this one is soo perfect for us!

Another wonderful thing is - that we have recently been looking to join a new church anyways (the pastor at my old church went nuts and over half of the congregation left- keep in mind i went to a massive church- so that's a LOT of people.) I have yet to find a church that really feels like "home" to me. I also have a hard time finidng time to go as I work on Sundays and a lot of places don't have alternative services (this church is about to start one up!) So I think not only did we find a wonderful place to get married....we may have found a wonderful church to start attending- and that means a lot to me! The pastor was sooo sweet too! We just loved him! So was the wedding coordinator- I loved how friendly everyone was to us and how much they went out of their way to help us organize the wedding/etc!

We had to change our date, as the 15 was booked solid, but that's ok and certainly not a big problem for us! Our new date is March 29, 2008 at 2:00 pm (the reception is going to be after the ceramony.) I am soo happy! I was really starting to get stressed lately because it seemed as if nothing was working out for the wedding....but now since we've been a little patient- it seems like everything is finally comming together! I just wanted to share the good news with everyone!

When I go back to the church / reception area again I will borrow my mom's camera and snap some pictures for everyone to see!
post #632 of 670
wow thats great, i'm so happy for you! i cant wait til i'm engaged... but then again there is SO much to think about, maybe i'll convince him to elope!
post #633 of 670
Looks like I can FINALLY join this thread!

No plans set in stone yet, but I'm going through this thread to get many ideas!
post #634 of 670
Kenz you read my mind! I was just thinking that since everyone has gotten engaged in the past week to find this thread!

We finally set a date-YAY!

July 11,2009!

We are going to look at a place called Treasure Lake in PA to have an outdoor wedding. Also there is this little church and reception hall in North Olmsted which is about a half hour from here. Will let everyone know how it goes!!
post #635 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post
Kenz you read my mind! I was just thinking that since everyone has gotten engaged in the past week to find this thread!

We finally set a date-YAY!

July 11,2009!

We are going to look at a place called Treasure Lake in PA to have an outdoor wedding. Also there is this little church and reception hall in North Olmsted which is about a half hour from here. Will let everyone know how it goes!!


I talked to John today & we're going between May & June 2009, we cannot decide what one We just want nice weather since we're wanting a lot to be outside. Everything will be set in stone next weekend when we go back home to get the ball rolling on a few things!

I've got my 4 bridesmaids down, now I just have to ask them & figure out HOW to ask them in a cute way!

Right now we're focusing on our engagement photos, which will be done mostly with our motorcycle I am so excited to get them done, of course we'll have 'nice' ones too, for the local paper announcement, but still, we want fun ones

I'm so excited!
post #636 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post

Right now we're focusing on our engagement photos, which will be done mostly with our motorcycle I am so excited to get them done, of course we'll have 'nice' ones too, for the local paper announcement, but still, we want fun ones

I'm so excited!
I think the engagement photos was one of my favorite parts. We did the modest, traditional ones but we also did some more private ones that had the effect of looking like we were laying in bed (naked) together... very sexy and just for us.
post #637 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by twstychik View Post
I think the engagement photos was one of my favorite parts. We did the modest, traditional ones but we also did some more private ones that had the effect of looking like we were laying in bed (naked) together... very sexy and just for us.
OOooo, thats a fun idea

I'm excited to get our photos done, I want them done right NOW!
post #638 of 670
well since you have all chipped in, i think its finally time to say my bit!

We have our wedding date set and its 7th November 2008!! It will be at the registry office and then we are having a quiet dinner with his family.

7th of june is my euro engagement party, i am wearing a black dress with a pink ribbon, which i want for my bridesmaids to wear!

Sometime after arrival and before our registry office ceremony, we are having an engagement party along the beach in Australia.

October next year (will have to be on a Sunday to make costs cheaper) will be our big reception party, we are having the whole thing, although i am catholic and since i will be already legally married we cant get married in a church, he has said though that if i wanted to then we can
We are thinking of setting our vowels at the reception garden and for my dad to walk me down the aisle. Then we are going to have a big reception with all of his family, hopefully some of mine will fly down and with friends.

The Euro engagement party will be part of the reception although we arent legally married because none of my close collegues will be able to come down to australia, I finished making my dress, and the gifts, i have a heap of candles, bought a fair bit of wine, now i just have to pick up the food, drinks and make the cake and a few more decorations.
post #639 of 670
I think we have found where the wedding will be held. http://www.tgcc.ca/pages/weddings_banquets_main.html

It is not too expensive. $200 for the ceremony, $59 per person, but it includes 3 bottles of wine per table, food/punch when you first get there, 4 course dinner and so much more.

They even have both of the dates available that we want and we wont have to settle for another date.
post #640 of 670
Its been awhile since this thread has been updated!

We finally have our date - July 18, 2009 We have everything booked but the DJ for the reception - so we have the church, reception hall & rehersal dinner location, photographer and caterer- we aren't sure what we are serving yet though- & my hair stylist for the day I guess also we'll have to focus on flowers but that can wait a little bit We've also got our bridesmaids and groomesmen/attendants asked, all I have to do now is ask people for our flower girl/ring bearer, miniature/junior groomsman & bridesmaid and a few others. We have our engagement photos done & back so those are to be ordered soon as well

I have my wedding dress ordered: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.a...15&style=A3176
- as well as 2 of the bridesmaid dresses, the other 2 girls will be ordering theirs hopefully soon I'm so in love with my dress, I really want to put it on right now!

I'm so very excited to have all of this finished!

How are all you doing?
post #641 of 670
We changed the date to the 23rd of Oct next year as FH wanted to get married on a Friday and the fact he is so obsessed with the number 23! I've booked my make up artist, i have my trial with her in October.

Not booked anywhere else yet, because we are still trying to figure out where to have it and what to do!
post #642 of 670
Kenz you look far prettier in your dress from the picture you sent me
post #643 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Kenz you look far prettier in your dress from the picture you sent me
For sure!

I didn't realize your dress was a Maggie Sottero Kenz I was a Maggie bride too
post #644 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mew View Post
For sure!

I didn't realize your dress was a Maggie Sottero Kenz I was a Maggie bride too
Really? Your dress was so gorgeous, I didn't realize it was a Maggie dress either! I adore her collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosiemac View Post
Kenz you look far prettier in your dress from the picture you sent me
Thank you Susan!
post #645 of 670
Well, you can add me to the list. We are getting married on June 13.
I have a little chapel/ garden lined up for the wedding and we are just going to have the reception at the house. I have ordered my dress, it should be arriving this week. We are going with a western theme seeing as we are horse people.
post #646 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergirl View Post
Well, you can add me to the list. We are getting married on June 13.
I have a little chapel/ garden lined up for the wedding and we are just going to have the reception at the house. I have ordered my dress, it should be arriving this week. We are going with a western theme seeing as we are horse people.
Congrats hon!!!
post #647 of 670
Time for another update from all you ladies!

We changed our photographer, the one that we had we just weren't happy with so thankfully we didn't sign a contract yet- so I changed to another one that is $800 cheaper & does great work
I've got my flower girl, junior bridesmaid, junior groomsmen & ushers all asked We've also started our marriage prep classes at a local church and they are great!
All we need yet is a DJ, hopefully that will be taken care of this week!
I've been looking at invitations as well, those are so fun
We also need to figure out what we're serving at the reception, I need to call the catering service to get a menu this week

How are all you doing?
post #648 of 670
We have down-graded to a small wedding. Family and our very best friends only. It will be in a small town gazebo and we will be renting a tent and having a small reception/party at our new house in our fenced in backyardI am so excited! We went from a HUGE affair to eloping to having it this way! With the house and us being practically married already, we can't afford to have a huge wedding.

I can't wait to hear more Kenz! It's getting close! Only one week after me and Travis get marriedI can't believe it's only 9 months away!
post #649 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post
We have down-graded to a small wedding. Family and our very best friends only. It will be in a small town gazebo and we will be renting a tent and having a small reception/party at our new house in our fenced in backyardI am so excited! We went from a HUGE affair to eloping to having it this way! With the house and us being practically married already, we can't afford to have a huge wedding.

I can't wait to hear more Kenz! It's getting close! Only one week after me and Travis get marriedI can't believe it's only 9 months away!
Don't remind me! Your wedding will be SO pretty, Courtney! Have you ordered your dress yet? Are you having any bridesmaids? Can I come?

We've got everything ( ) but the flowers done!

I've narrowed down what invitations I want to use, and we don't have to order those until waaaaay far in the future, as they only take 1 week to arrive
I've been thinking about guest favors as well and pretty much have my mind made up with them... what else is there My mind is going crazy!
post #650 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
Don't remind me! Your wedding will be SO pretty, Courtney! Have you ordered your dress yet? Are you having any bridesmaids? Can I come?

We've got everything ( ) but the flowers done!

I've narrowed down what invitations I want to use, and we don't have to order those until waaaaay far in the future, as they only take 1 week to arrive
I've been thinking about guest favors as well and pretty much have my mind made up with them... what else is there My mind is going crazy!
It IS overwhelming! That's why I'm glad we have a house now! I was getting overwhelmed.

I haven't ordered my dress but that is my only big purchase for this wedding so it will be soon! Just my sister and his brother will be standing up with us. We have a party of 6 but now that it's smaller we decided just our siblings.

You are so close to being done! How exciting! What kind of flowers are you looking for?
post #651 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy View Post
It IS overwhelming! That's why I'm glad we have a house now! I was getting overwhelmed.

I haven't ordered my dress but that is my only big purchase for this wedding so it will be soon! Just my sister and his brother will be standing up with us. We have a party of 6 but now that it's smaller we decided just our siblings.

You are so close to being done! How exciting! What kind of flowers are you looking for?
Thats great It will be so beautiful!

No one other updates from anyone else?

I'm not sure about flowers yet I'm waiting on that for awhile!
post #652 of 670
Figured I'd revive this thread. We've got our date set and our venue for the ceremony and reception set! We have to go down to the venue next weekend (pray it doesnt snow!) and sign the contract and put down the deposit. My parents are coming up from Massachusetts, and my best friend who's going to be my MOH is coming down from Vermont. The place is the Castleton Banquet and Conference Center in Windham, NH. And our date is June 5, 2010! I love this place. It's overlooking a lake and there's a white gazebo and little white bridge that would be gorgeous for pictures! I just hope it doesn't rain on the wedding day!

I've also narrowed it down to 2 photographers that I love. I looked at their pictures last night online, and they're gorgeous. We'll keep looking at ideas for now, but no serious planning for a few month. Probably going in June or July to start looking at dresses! I can't wait for that. I have a designer that I love (Maggie Sottero) and I can't wait to go try on the dresses with my mom and my friends there!

That's about it. Any other wedding plans that are coming along?
post #653 of 670
My wedding is all coming together and its getting so real. Last week we picked out the tuxes, bottled our wine, picked out and started paying for both of our wedding bands, ordered our invitations, got the ring bearer pillow and got the flower girl dresses.

Basically all I have left to do is get my dress altered, figure out what we want to do for favours and order them, the guys have to get fitted for their tuxedos, figure out transportation for the wedding day and then meet with the hall and the dj to finalize plans.

Tomorrow makes 6 months until my wedding day.
post #654 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover19 View Post
My wedding is all coming together and its getting so real. Last week we picked out the tuxes, bottled our wine, picked out and started paying for both of our wedding bands, ordered our invitations, got the ring bearer pillow and got the flower girl dresses.

Basically all I have left to do is get my dress altered, figure out what we want to do for favours and order them, the guys have to get fitted for their tuxedos, figure out transportation for the wedding day and then meet with the hall and the dj to finalize plans.

Tomorrow makes 6 months until my wedding day.
That's awesome! I have a bunch of ideas that I've saved onto my laptop for things that I want, such as ring bearer's pillow, wedding dress, favor ideas, etc. Just gotta wait a little bit until we can really get into the planning!
post #655 of 670
My wedding dress came in back in November and I FINALLY got to the store to try it on I felt like a princess! I almost cried when I saw it Everything fit perfectly, which made me excited since there won't be many adjustments except bringing it up a little bit on the bottom So I made my first fitting appiontment for April 18th, so now I need to find my shoes & jewelery and I'm set for my dress

We go to pick out flowers next month, and meet with our preist for our marital counseling on Thursday We're getting our wedding rings this week too, I can't wait!

We're doing a Jelly Belly candy buffet for our favors at the reception for the guests, so I'm on a hunt to find a load of them to buy We're going to have different kinds in different glass containers with scoops, and little bags for our guests to fill and take home. My friend did an all white candy buffet at her wedding & it was a huge hit!

Things are coming along wonderfully, I'm so excited Today is exactly 6 months til the wedding date!
post #656 of 670
congratz to all of you!!!!!!

im not engaged yet, bf promises we will be by may 22nd our 4yr anny, and he knows my dream is to get married on halloween, and this year it falls on a saturday so i really hope we can pull it off, we are going to request everyone comes dressed in costume, it would be a blast!
post #657 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
We're doing a Jelly Belly candy buffet for our favors at the reception for the guests, so I'm on a hunt to find a load of them to buy We're going to have different kinds in different glass containers with scoops, and little bags for our guests to fill and take home. My friend did an all white candy buffet at her wedding & it was a huge hit!
That's sounds so cool! We're doing a candy buffet for our favors as well, but it's going to be all kinds of candy. We might end up doing a candy buffet based on our colors, but we haven't figured that out yet.
post #658 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by yam102284 View Post
That's sounds so cool! We're doing a candy buffet for our favors as well, but it's going to be all kinds of candy. We might end up doing a candy buffet based on our colors, but we haven't figured that out yet.
I just love the idea of candy buffets, I think the kids there will enjoy it too

I was at Coldstone Creamery yesterday and they had Ice Cream Parlor Jelly Belly's! I think those would be really fun to have, especially at a summer wedding

I'm trying to figure out a fun combo ... I definately want to try the Ice Cream ones to see how they are, maybe a few containers of those, the regular ones & the sour ones? That way people can get their favorites. We'll see
post #659 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyharley View Post
I just love the idea of candy buffets, I think the kids there will enjoy it too

I was at Coldstone Creamery yesterday and they had Ice Cream Parlor Jelly Belly's! I think those would be really fun to have, especially at a summer wedding

I'm trying to figure out a fun combo ... I definately want to try the Ice Cream ones to see how they are, maybe a few containers of those, the regular ones & the sour ones? That way people can get their favorites. We'll see

Yeah I love the idea of candy buffets too. The first time I heard of them, I knew I wanted them as some part of our reception. I've heard of the ice cream flavors too. But I've only seen them in candy stores, and they come in a little plastic container shaped as an ice cream cone. But where I've seen them, you get so little for the price you pay. I think you're idea sounds great. Some regular, some sour, some ice cream ones. It sounds like everyone could get something they liked!

Do you know what you're using for bags yet? I've been looking all around for cute little bags of boxes that we could use.
post #660 of 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by yam102284 View Post
Yeah I love the idea of candy buffets too. The first time I heard of them, I knew I wanted them as some part of our reception. I've heard of the ice cream flavors too. But I've only seen them in candy stores, and they come in a little plastic container shaped as an ice cream cone. But where I've seen them, you get so little for the price you pay. I think you're idea sounds great. Some regular, some sour, some ice cream ones. It sounds like everyone could get something they liked!

Do you know what you're using for bags yet? I've been looking all around for cute little bags of boxes that we could use.

I found this website:
http://www.candyfavorites.com/Cold-S...s-pr-3436.html

and for 10lbs of the ice cream ones is $68 with free shipping, not so bad? I don't know how many we need, thats the hard part! Just an FYI, sometimes if you need candy shipped in the warmer months, they charge $10-$20 extra for shipping So I'm looking now so I can save on shipping!

If anyone out there knows of a good candy website, please let me know!

Walmart has great little clear bags for cheap, & they come with ties. I want something simple the guests won't have a problem getting full & tied. I love the idea of the little boxes, but I don't want a ton of them sitting out to be filled by guests, or having them have issues closing them properly, and having millions of jelly beans scattered on the floor

What kind of candy are you looking at having? Is anyone else having a candy/treat buffet instead of individual favors at the reception seatings?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The " Gonna Be Wed " Thread!