TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Percentage of the World you have visited
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Percentage of the World you have visited

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCountries
Here is a website that shows the percentage of the world (in terms of countries rather than area) you have visited. And it generates a map that shows the countries you have visited in red.

You could post the pictures here for us to look at.

Other maps:
US States
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedStates
Canadian Provinces
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCanadianStates
Europe
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedEurope
post #2 of 23
My problem is I keep going back to the same country (majorly into Japan).

What about you Bumpy?
post #3 of 23
Umm...how come only 2 people were allowed to vote? Perhaps the rest of us just aren't interesting enough to have traveled?
post #4 of 23
How fun!!!

here are my maps

The world...

35 countries - 15%
(only 15%? wow best start travelling again!)



The USA



Europe

post #5 of 23
3% for me. Not NEARLY enough!


post #6 of 23
I have seen 1% - pathetic!
post #7 of 23
%27 for me! I do a lot of traveling and attend a lot of trainings with my job. I will be going to Austin Texas next Tuesday and following week will be going Baltimore.
post #8 of 23
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedCountries
http://www.world66.com/myworld66/visitedStates
5% of the world, and 70% of the U.S., but I didn't count layovers, or places just driven through. Oops - I also forgot Colorado and New Mexico.
post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrawfish
My problem is I keep going back to the same country (majorly into Japan).

What about you Bumpy?
I am still trying to count and a bit confused at how to count some parts. What if the country you visited has since broke apart to form 2 different nations. I am not too sure to include places I have been (work) but not really done anything other than go from airport to meeting room to hotel.

I have been to Japan several times too and have kind of lost track of the places I have been! Tokyo, Nagasaki, Sendai, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and then to Miyajima, Fukuoka and then to Beppu Spa Town. I think there were a few other cities. Have you tried the traditional ryokan inn? Personally I prefer the more modern one where you have your own bath in your own bathroom rather than just the spa/hot springs (onsen). And I love the food. Have you tried fugu (puffer fish)? If not then my advice is to try it during the winter season, towards the end of the season it does not taste as nice. You should also try a Tempura only restaurant. Their master chef would cook it in such a way that when it is placed on your plate there is not a drop of oil.

HEY, I suddenly understood your nickname "eatrawfish!" haha. I hope I am right and that you are fellow Japanese cuisine lover.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpy
I have been to Japan several times too and have kind of lost track of the places I have been! Tokyo, Nagasaki, Sendai, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and then to Miyajima, Fukuoka and then to Beppu Spa Town. I think there were a few other cities. Have you tried the traditional ryokan inn? Personally I prefer the more modern one where you have your own bath in your own bathroom rather than just the spa/hot springs (onsen). And I love the food. Have you tried fugu (puffer fish)? If not then my advice is to try it during the winter season, towards the end of the season it does not taste as nice. You should also try a Tempura only restaurant. Their master chef would cook it in such a way that when it is placed on your plate there is not a drop of oil.

HEY, I suddenly understood your nickname "eatrawfish!" haha. I hope I am right and that you are fellow Japanese cuisine lover.
I've been to Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto, Nagano, Kamakura, Nara, Mt Koya and even down to Kyushu - I can't remember where else. I wanted to go to Miyajima last time I was there, but that was when they had that Typhoon blowing through Southern Japan, some Earthquakes, and a Tsunami warning - so it really wasn't meant to be. I really want to make it up to Hokkaido sometime, but it's rather off the beaten path.

I love Ryokans - I stayed in a great little on in Kyoto. I like the public baths - but only when you can reserve them, public nudity is not my thing. Unfortunately I haven't the money to stay in too many of the nice old ones. I did stay in a Buddhist Temple on Mt Koya though - that was rad.

Yeah, that's what the username means. I've taken Japanese for several years (I have a minor in it) but am so shy about it I have trouble with restaurants in Japan. So I didn't do much good dining - although I had some great sushi! Next time I'll be more adventurous.

I'm going two more times in the next two years - next year is a friends wedding!

After that though, I swear I'll go to some other countries!
post #11 of 23
I've only seen Canada, US and Jamaica...I need to go on more vacations!
post #12 of 23
I have visited 7 countries, that only 3% I better start planning some more trips
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Mew
I've only seen Canada, US and Jamaica...I need to go on more vacations!
I only have you beat by one - US, Canada, Bermuda and Ireland.
post #14 of 23
Only 1% - US, Canada & Mexico. And 47% of the US. Yup, I definitely need to travel more!
post #15 of 23
4 percent of the world, 50 of the US- not too bad I guess.. Though my stay in Tennessee involved an airport stay! Indiana and Ohio were drive throughs.
post #16 of 23
Ooops I counted my own country on the TCS poll - I've been to NZ and Australia!

When I keyed in these on the World66 thing, it says I've seen 0% of the world!
post #17 of 23
I've only been to one other country, and that was Canada when we accidentally went too far in one state and had to turn around! Hah.

Here's my states, though. Most of 'em I saw on the Greyhound I took to NY earlier this year.

post #18 of 23
I have visted 5%, just the other day my BF was saying how jealous he is that I am well travelled - obviously not



post #19 of 23
How come I don't see anyone traveling to Wisconsin????
post #20 of 23
If Canada counts, then one country for me

And I CANNOT get my map of the US to post
post #21 of 23
More than I thought - 79 countries! But the map won't post.


or check our <a href="http://www.world66.com/europe/italy/veneto/venice">Venice travel guide</a>
post #22 of 23
wow! Only 2% of the world.

I thought with six countries it would be higher than that.

For the states

I got 47%
post #23 of 23
Not a lot for me, I'm a boring old soul!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Percentage of the World you have visited