TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's your poison?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's your poison? - Page 2

post #31 of 51
It really depends on my mood and what i'm doing so i put anything and everything because my choices are so much of a variety!
post #32 of 51
i love the alcopop's, the iron bru WKDs are my fav , but i dont like the taste of lager, thats why i drink the alcopops because they dont taste of beer!
post #33 of 51
Oooooh fun question...especially since I just got back from my cruise and feel that I need to do some detoxing now!!

My FAVORITE drink is a Sex on the Beach. There's so many ingredients though that I never make it at home. They're just so easy to drink, not too sweet, and can easily get me into trouble! Now, if I'm out and someone insists on buying me a shot (which if I've already had a couple of SotB's I'm likely to not have the willpower to deny), it has to be a LemonDrop.

At home I make vodka and cranberry juice most often.
post #34 of 51
Tropical Mojito for me! At home I like to drink Corona Extra.
post #35 of 51
I like stuff like strawberry margaritas or other sweet-ish cocktails when I go out though most of the time I'll just take the good ol' coke-and-beer When at home I love a special, very malty beer named Zischke that doesn't taste as bitter as other beers.
When it's a rather posh occasion or I want to splurge on myself, I'll allow a martini with starters, but then it's zero afterwards - I can't hold a lot! In fact when I have more than that martini/margarita or 2 of the c/b, I get rather embarrassing...the last time that happened I had had 3 glasses of coke/beer at a party and I suddenly was sooo eager to grab my bf by the balls *in public* and kept rubbing myself against him, getting more and more sentimental (he was visibly embarrassed cause all his buddies were there) and on the way back I sang in the car!
So most of the time I'll just stick to non-alcoholic stuff
post #36 of 51
Tawaca- keep me far far away!
post #37 of 51
I'm usually a wino-had a pinot noir Sat-but some did go in my soup that I made !!!
I like New Zeeland Sauvignon Blancs ALOT!!
But after all I do live in Wisconsin so I cannot turn down a beer if offered!
My fav's Rolling Rock, Leinie's Honey Weiss (with a lemon wedge!) or any assorted micro brews-no BUD for me.
For mixers- Pimm's!! or Long Island Iced Tea, White Russians or drinks with RUM. Or Summer Hummers (Limon (like lime vodka) and good lemonade) I do not follow Wisconsin's fav drink trend of "Old Fashions"
Not to drink- "Jagger bombs" (taste like cough syrup) or things made with peppermint (too much in college)
post #38 of 51
I absolutely love Lime Vokda Sours, they are just to die for ... YUM!!

Other than that, beer is good for me, Micholob Golden Light
post #39 of 51
Screw Drivers and Vodka and 7-up.
post #40 of 51
WINE!!!!! Its like the only thing I ever drink and actually enjoy. I am one of those fiends who can tell god knows how many different types of wines and asks for types no one has ever heard of. I enjoy both Reds, Whites, and Roses, but I can't stand cheapos.
post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Tiger
Screw Drivers and Vodka and 7-up.
Oohh those are good too!
post #42 of 51
But, but, .....why you forget the Tequila dear Emma ????




































AJUA!!!!! TEQUILA RULES!!!!!!..
post #43 of 51
I prefer liquor mixed with juice or soda of some kind. Jaeger and cranberry juice is good...so is rum and Coke.
And Woodchuck (cider) is so freakin' good!!
Mostly though, I stick to pale beers...it's cheaper that way. hehe
Corrrrrona with a lime is quite good, and Bud Light will do in a pinch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHawke
Oh, I should add that there's a LOT of beers I haven't been able to try because of Alabama's totally ridiculous and outmoded beer laws . I am a proud member of FreeTheHops! .
I saw the Daily Show segment. It was great!
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazx01
i love the alcopop's, the iron bru WKDs are my fav , but i dont like the taste of lager, thats why i drink the alcopops because they dont taste of beer!
I bet you were having a few of those on your birthday Carrie!

I like beer, especially the ones made by our local microbrewery: Two Rivers Red and Fort Garry Pale Ale. They are just soooo smooth.
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHawke
Oh, I should add that there's a LOT of beers I haven't been able to try because of Alabama's totally ridiculous and outmoded beer laws . I am a proud member of FreeTheHops! .

Rose--have you been to World Market behind the Galleria in Birmingham? They have exotic beers and wines-- ( i love that store) i shop there when i come to Birmingham to go shopping-- i love their wine selection. Might want to check them out-- they are in the shopping center behind Costco and the Galleria

my alcohol preferences..... Godiva Liqueur (yummy), Kahluha hot cocoa, SOTB, Bahama Mammas, and there are a couple of others i drank on our anniversary cruise that i LOVED. For hard liquor- its Southern Comfort all the way straight up in a glass ( or pint bottle). Crown and Sprite is mighty tasty too-- i usually drink that when we go to the casino to waste some money cause the drinks there are FREE. i love my rare and exotic wines, expeically the one barrell wines- ( i have quite a collection of one barrels and rare wines.) I dont drink much because im always with my kids-- the only time i drink is when iknow i wont see them for at least an overnite-- Ive never had a hangover but this is my rule i guess.
post #46 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitya
Rose--have you been to World Market behind the Galleria in Bham? They have exotic beers and wines-- ( i love that store) i shop there when i come to Bham to go shopping-- i love their wine selection. Might want to check them out-- they are in the shopping center behind Costco and the Galleria
I presume when you say "Bham" you mean Birmingham, Alabama?
post #47 of 51
I love strawberry margaritas!!!
post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoviher
I presume when you say "Bham" you mean Birmingham, Alabama?
yeah sorry-- lol thats what we call it and its just habit ill edit my post lol sorry again!
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitya
yeah sorry-- lol thats what we call it and its just habit ill edit my post lol sorry again!
Yah, Victor, most everyone in the area (Alabama and surrounding states) will on occasion call it Bham, or B'ham. It's a common abbreviation.

Yeppers, I've been to World Market, but they really don't carry anything more exotic than what I can get at our local independent liquor store (Villa Spirits in Huffman.)

Oh, really thought the poll was for what you usually drink, which the beer is. My favorite mixed drink has GOT to be a margarita ... so there's your tequila Rigel ...
post #50 of 51
Woodchuck is my favorite bottled beverage. I also enjoy Jameson on occasion.
post #51 of 51
I absolutely love Margaritas, especially Mango or Strawberry. My absolute favorite is to sneak my fiance's bottle of Patron Silver to make it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What's your poison?