Our meowmy has sad newz.
She tawt us to copy an paste, so we do that to show you what happenet.
My best friend has 3 children: Ben is a high school senior, Sam is in 8th grade, and Caroline is a 7th grader.
This happened while Shannon and the boys were gone; Caroline was at a friend's house, and Jim was returning home from wok when he found the fire.
Her son sam (8th grade) had been burning incense in his room, and it started a fire, which totally destroyed their room (the one he shares with his brother. the fumes from the fire filled the house with toxic smoke. the bedroom is destroyed, the boys lost all of their clothes, TV, stereo, gameboys, playstation, etc. Childhood memorabilia is gone. Quilts which were very valuable are gone.
The house is ruined.
The insurance stuff they have to go through is a nightmare. For now they are all staying at a motel. They cannot go back to the house for 3-4 weeks until everything has been cleaned, fumigated, new carpet put down, house painted, electrical system redone, other family members' clothes dry cleaned, etc.
No one was hurt. The dad, Jim, saved the rest of the house from burning down. he got home from work, smelled smoke, went to the door of the boys' rooms, felt the heat, crawled back outside, broke a window in the room, and turned on the hose to try to wet everything down until the fire department got there.
The fie fightters told them that many home fires start with candles or incense.
They are very blessed that no one was hurt.
Sam feels horrible about this. He feels totally responsible. I told him that houses, carpet, clothes can be replaced, but that Ben. Sam, Caroline, Shannon and Jim cannot.
Shannon's co-workers and the students at her school took up money for a love gift for them and presented her with $1000 worth of checks. They also gave 3 boxes of clothes for the family, as all of the clothes that were not destroyed have to be dry cleaned before they can be worn.
The kitty was not in the house, nor were the 2 dogs.
The kitty is an outside cat, and Jim left the garage door open so Pedro (cat) can get in and out. Dogs are the same way, and they all get along.