TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need Ideas for speech
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Ideas for speech

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I have to give a persuasive speech that has to be 4-6 minutes long and I am completely brainless on ideas. Any suggestions?
post #2 of 24
I hate speeches....how about some animal welfare type issue? Persuade them there should be tougher penalties for animal abuse and that sort of things.
post #3 of 24
you should give a speech about the need for teenage girls to no have children...
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula11
you should give a speech about the need for teenage girls to no have children...
I want to but I'd rather not be ran out of the classroom by the half of my class that is pregnant.
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl
I want to but I'd rather not be ran out of the classroom by the half of my class that is pregnant.

Yeah but i bet you would get an A if you convinced them.....
post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
Plus this is my final..so I HAVE to do good on this speech or I fail and get kicked out of school and have to do everything ALL OVER again next year!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula11
Yeah but i bet you would get an A if you convinced them.....

Heeh those girls are already mad at me cuz I didn't want to do their stupid group speech so now they all have to do a group speech and I get to do this persuasive speech by myself. I'm sorry but doing a speech on speech vocab is just stupid. (That's what they were gonna do). So now because I blew them off they're screwed and have to start ALL over again and reorganize the plan on who is going to take the part that was going to be mine!! HAHA!! That's what you get for being to me!!!!!!!
post #8 of 24
I think the tougher sentences for cruelty to animals would be a good speech. There's a ton of research on that - from a human perspective (i.e. how it affects humans), not just because animals deserve justice. Here's a start for the research: http://straypetadvocacy.org/html/legislation.html#Need
post #9 of 24
How about doing a persuasive speech on getting your cat spayed/neutered? Or how about a persuasive speech on how you (in general, not you specifically) dress, does not mean anything bad about you? (I'm thinking about how a few months ago, you wanted some advice on dying your hair black w/red highlights, and your mom was afraid people would think bad things about you, and you needed advice to persuade her that that wasn't the case). And with that, about the way people dress, others may think good/bad things that aren't necessarily true. (Hitler wore a suit....and look how bad he was.) Good luck!
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Or how about a persuasive speech on how you (in general, not you specifically) dress, does not mean anything bad about you? (I'm thinking about how a few months ago, you wanted some advice on dying your hair black w/red highlights, and your mom was afraid people would think bad things about you, and you needed advice to persuade her that that wasn't the case). And with that, about the way people dress, others may think good/bad things that aren't necessarily true. (Hitler wore a suit....and look how bad he was.) Good luck!
I think this is a great idea! I always hated when my parents told me I should care what others think of me. I understand they just want people to perceive me in a good way, but I always wanted them to understand that people should get to know the WHOLE person before making a judgment!
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole
I think this is a great idea! I always hated when my parents told me I should care what others think of me. I understand they just want people to perceive me in a good way, but I always wanted them to understand that people should get to know the WHOLE person before making a judgment!

My parents were the complete opposite...they always said that the only opinion about me i should care about is my own....not as easily as it sounds tho....

I also think the animal cruelty speech would be great as well...
post #12 of 24
Speeches are cool! How about spaying and neutering of cats?
post #13 of 24
This would be a great topic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
Speeches are cool! How about spaying and neutering of cats?
post #14 of 24
I've won two speech competitions. One doing a speech about cats and the other doing a speech about abortion.
post #15 of 24
My first thought was de-clawing. It'd be easy for you to get the info and it's easy for a lot of cat-lovers to vocalize!
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
I think the tougher sentences for cruelty to animals would be a good speech. There's a ton of research on that - from a human perspective (i.e. how it affects humans), not just because animals deserve justice. Here's a start for the research: http://straypetadvocacy.org/html/legislation.html#Need
I think this is an EXCELLENT idea! You can also go to this website www.animal-justice.org (and join while you're at it -hint, hint). You can also print and make copies of this page for a hand-out! http://www.animal-justice.org/flyer.html
post #17 of 24
Given your classroom situation, how about the benefits of adoption for a child who would otherwise grow up in a single parent with that parent being someone who may never have the opportunity to go to college and get a good paying career to support that child adequately? I know several of my friends from high school who had babies when they were 15-17 and they look back now and wish they had given their child a better life by giving them up for adoption. The few that I still see on occassion work in a factory, a gas station, and at Wal-Mart. The one who works at the gas station was a solid A & B student who could have earned her way to a more fulfilling job if she didn't have to work full-time to support the baby.
post #18 of 24
By the way, when I was a junior in H.S., I gave a persuasive speech on the importance of using seat belts and then a week later, one of the guys in my class who thought I was stupid, was killed in a car crash when he was ejected from his car because he didn't have a seat belt on. It was so sad but a LOT more of my classmates started wearing their seat belts then.
post #19 of 24
Heh. I don't see a problem with going with a subject that will offend all the pregnant kids--it's not exactly like they could give decent chase!
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
I decided to do it on stereotyping
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl
I decided to do it on stereotyping
Awesome! That's a good choice!!!
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl
I decided to do it on stereotyping
I agree-very good choice!
post #23 of 24
I am glad your doing it on stereotyping.... I think it's a good topic.
I think some people might learn from listening to it. Negative stereotyping can really hurt others and so many people are guilty of it. It may draw the interest of your classmates as well. Being pregnant teenage girls I am sure it is something they have dealt with at least once, and maybe even on a daily basis.
post #24 of 24
That is a greatTopic....good luck with it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need Ideas for speech