I had a panic moment one day. Some weeks after Jack had joined my family, I had accidentally left a pyramid of cooled brownies out, although covered with saran wrap. I was gone no longer than ten minutes. Outside. I came back in, the saran wrap had been lifted at one side and a bottom brownie was missing. A WHOLE two-inch-square brownie. Other than JoJo and Jack, I live alone... so there's no human pilferers.
I freaked as usual. Called a vet who was actually open that day (Sunday). The receptionist conferred with the vet. I was told that since brownies have other ingredients that essentially 'dilute' the chocolate, it's not as lethal. I was told to keep an eye on him (assuming it's Jack, since he had already attacked other non-chocolate foods), and if he started vomiting and what not, to bring him in. He never did.
About an hour later, I was coming down the stairs (this was back in Syracuse, NY, in a townhouse) and saw JoJo sniffing at something hidden next to the couch. Upon closer investigation, I found it to be half of the missing brownie. The distance he wouldn't had to carry that thing, along with the light carpet along the way and lack of crumbs, makes me wonder to this very day.
After he destroyed my salt shaker (by batting it off the kitchen counter) a year ago, Jack doesn't climb on the kitchen counters anymore.
Now, I wouldnt' go feeding brownie bits to my cats, but if they accidentally nibble one, just keep an eye on them. If they start acting sick, and vomit, call your vet.
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1
Did your cat eat any of it. You know chocolate is not good for cats. In fact it can be toxic to cats and dogs.