My kitten Buddy is sick again. I have taken him to the vet 2 times in the last month. The first time I took him, I was told URI, the second time I was told gingivitis and given clavamox. He got better, but now he is sick again. He is not too bad, he still plays a little and eats, but he is extra sleepy, and he has a very warm and dry nose. I am going to get him into a vet ASAP. My problem is that my husband was recently laid off, I have 2 kids and am getting temporary assistance (food stamp etc.) I have already spent over $200 with the vet, and he is unwilling to help me at all, even with payment arrangements. I have called every financial assistance group I can find. And I have called every vet in my area, and no-one is will to help me. I am not expecting a freebe or handout, just a payment plan or some type of assistance until we are back on our feet. I even called all the AAHA vets and asked them about them doing the paperwork for the grant that the AAHA give, and they said they don't do that, one vet even told me that they don't do it "because they simply don't have the time". I couldn't believe it. I have been soo upset and don't know how all these vets can turn me away. They all want their payment up front. Different vets have told me that blood work would need to be done, and depending on the problem would cost me between $150-$300+. These so called vets go into practice to help animals but don't. I even called my local animal shelter to ask if they had any programs, no luck. I am hoping that one of these assistance programs will call me, but no response to messages or any e-mails. I am going to ask my sister to wire me money to take Buddy to the vet, but she lives in England, so I have to wait until tomorrow for her to get to a western union, and it could take a few days since she works a weird shift schedule, and the time difference etc. I have no credit cards nothing. If you have any other options or advice that might help me get Buddy to a vet sooner I would appreciate it. I am so attacted to Buddy, and so are my 2 daughters. He is like my 3rd baby , my baby boy, and I want to do everything for him, and I will get him to a vet ASAP, but none of the vets will see or treat him unless I pay at the time of visit, which is not possible for me until, I either get help, or my pay next week. I can't even get a cash advance since I don't have a bank account. This sucks. Sorry this is soooo long, I promise I will get him to a vet, but any advice would be great!!! I just pray that is nothing serious!!
post #1 of 12
10/13/05 at 9:24pm