TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Noooooooooooo!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noooooooooooo!!!

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
I am SOOO heartbroken!!!! My sister has to get rid of Maddy the little golden retriever puppy because the landlord doesn't allow pets!! The landlord hasn't seen her 2 cats yet I wonder what's going to happen if he ever does!! This is horrible I got so attatched to that little puppy!!
post #2 of 20
I'm confused? Didn't you say before that the puppy was not in a good home?
post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy
I'm confused? Didn't you say before that the puppy was not in a good home?
My sister was the only one taking care of it and I went over and helped her. Her boyfriend wasn't doing a thing for it.
post #4 of 20
where do the puppy have to go?
post #5 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLGRL5
where do the puppy have to go?
I'm not sure..probably back to the shelter.
post #6 of 20
I don't mean to sound unsupportive, but it probably wasn't a good idea to adopt an animal if the landlord doesn't allow pets.

Rather than sending the dog back to the shelter, is there any way a new home can be found?
post #7 of 20
post #8 of 20
Thread Starter 
I'm not sure what they're going to do with her. I wish I could take her in.

My sister said to the landlord "It doesn't say anything about pets on the lease.." and the landlord said "yes it does." She responded "Well we never got a copy of it!"

But she's most likely going to go back to the shelter..
post #9 of 20
I do not mea n to be unspportive either but was wondering how this situation came to this stage?

Most rescues will not allow anyone whose landlord does not allow pets to adopt. I am confused as to how she managed to get the puppy to begin with - esp if her bf was not in accord. That is another factor checked out by rescues - they want to ensure the pet is wanted by anyone and is not in dnager or iolation of agreements in rentals, condos, etc. Did she rescue the little guy and bring him in spite of the lease or did she just not know nor ask?
I hope she finds a no skill shelter for the little guy or finds a good family to take him herself!

What will she do about the cats now? She can't say she does not know if the landlord discovers them and she has 2, (OhMiGosh!) . Occassonally, one can work out arrangements with landlords but where she has broken the accord once already, she may be in a precarious situation.

She may need to start looking for another apt of she wants to have animals. That would be my choice in that situation.
post #10 of 20
I think it is irresponsible of her to have even taken this puppy in the first place. I feel bad for all three animals

The first thing I looked for from a lanlord when we were renting was if my cats were allowed. Sometimes you have to ask, not assume they are allowed because you didn't read in the paperwork.

Very sad situation.

Bobbie
post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
I do not mea n to be unspportive either but was wondering how this situation came to this stage?

Most rescues will not allow anyone whose landlord does not allow pets to adopt. I am confused as to how she managed to get the puppy to begin with - esp if her bf was not in accord. That is another factor checked out by rescues - they want to ensure the pet is wanted by anyone and is not in dnager or iolation of agreements in rentals, condos, etc. Did she rescue the little guy and bring him in spite of the lease or did she just not know nor ask?
I hope she finds a no skill shelter for the little guy or finds a good family to take him herself!

What will she do about the cats now? She can't say she does not know if the landlord discovers them and she has 2, (OhMiGosh!) . Occassonally, one can work out arrangements with landlords but where she has broken the accord once already, she may be in a precarious situation.

She may need to start looking for another apt of she wants to have animals. That would be my choice in that situation.

Is what happened is her boyfriend just came home one day with a new puppy. He's the one that got it not her. Plus they signed a year lease so moving isn't an option really. From what I heard anyway they're going to find a way to keep the puppy, and if their plan whatever it is doesn't work they will have to get rid of her.
post #12 of 20
Okay....I am a little upset by the term "get rid of". She had better read the lease before she has kids....or will she just "get rid of" the kid, if the landlord doesn't allow them? An animal is not a THING that you can just toss out when you need to "get rid of" it!!!!
post #13 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysamson
Okay....I am a little upset by the term "get rid of". She had better read the lease before she has kids....or will she just "get rid of" the kid, if the landlord doesn't allow them? An animal is not a THING that you can just toss out when you need to "get rid of" it!!!!
I know exactly how you feel. I sometimes wish we could lock the landlords in a cage for 3 weeks and show them how it feels
post #14 of 20
Sweety, this is NOT the landlord's fault. It is the responsibility of the tenant to read the lease, and to get the landlord's permission on any, and I do mean ANY grey areas!
post #15 of 20
This is a sad situation, but the silver lining is that the puppy dog will have a chance at getting more responsible owners, and therefore live a happier life than s/he would have...hopefully.
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purr
This is a sad situation, but the silver lining is that the puppy dog will have a chance at getting more responsible owners, and therefore live a happier life than s/he would have...hopefully.

I agree. 7 months ago a young coworker asked me to "babysit" her puppy because her landlord "found out about it". Buddy was 3 months old at the time. A pit/lab mix. Several months later we were moving to another city and I asked her about Buddy and she said "Oh, I'll just take him to the pound." I don't think so. He is in his forever home and we couldn't be happier. Hopefully above story will have a happy ending too.

Maybe I can show you Buddy Ray, am still learning.


post #17 of 20
Awwww, no picture, but I'll keep trying.
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
I do not mea n to be unspportive either but was wondering how this situation came to this stage?

Most rescues will not allow anyone whose landlord does not allow pets to adopt. I am confused as to how she managed to get the puppy to begin with

I was thinking the same thing.....When my parents got their cat Gus, they had to bring ID, and supply proof of home ownership...(of if they had an apartment a lease), before the shealter would even concider adopting out Gus.....

It's situations like these why they have these rules to begin with.....even if it was her boyfriend who got the Puppy...the shealter should have been more on their game........

Poor puppy I hope thing work out.....
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl
I know exactly how you feel. I sometimes wish we could lock the landlords in a cage for 3 weeks and show them how it feels
Its HIS house. Sorry but he dictates the rules and is entitled to say that he does not want any pets. Not everyone likes animals.
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sims2fan
Its HIS house. Sorry but he dictates the rules and is entitled to say that he does not want any pets. Not everyone likes animals.
I AGREE!

Lil_Axl_Gurl, I want to HOPE that your sister and her boyfriend thought about their lease but sadly I believe they have obviously not, had they done so this would have never been an issue.

Now that it is an issue, I hope this puppy has a home to go to... Quite sad IMO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Noooooooooooo!!!