post #31 of 31
I think by not doing the x-ray, the vet is wasting your time. After all these months of frustration, don't you just want to know once and for all? At least if there are stones in the bladder, you'll know in a few minutes, rather than waiting ANOTHER 2 weeks to see if the medicine worked, and THEN another 2 before the symptoms reappear, and THEN do the x-ray. Then if surgery is needed, he can have it and it's done, no more guessing. And, the blood panel is a good idea too. If you don't feel comfortable telling your vet what to do, maybe try another vet. Your cat is surely miserable, being caged for something that's not his fault, on top of the pain that comes with having a UTI. Please, at least do it for piece of mind, not to mention the cat's welfare.