TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Scented or Unscented??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Scented or Unscented??

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Which litter do you use?
post #2 of 29
Toilet Paper? Facial Tissues? Laundry Powder? What?
post #3 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
Toilet Paper? Facial Tissues? Laundry Powder? What?
That's an excellent point Sam. For most everything, I try to go with unscented. Unless it's a candle!!
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
Toilet Paper? Facial Tissues? Laundry Powder? What?
Glad you said that as I was lost - soap??? deodrant?
post #5 of 29
Thread Starter 
Sorry Litter!!!
post #6 of 29
Yeah, oopsie . We use WBCL (World's Best Cat Litter) which just comes in its own natural corny scent . But when we were using a clumping clay, always went for the uncented as I didn't want to chance a cat wrinkling his nose at it and going "Ewwww! I'm not using that!"
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb_78
Which litter do you use?
well i use pettex,absorbs the nasty niffs
post #8 of 29
Yep, my vote is still for unscented even with cat litter. I also use WBCL which has a mild corn scent, but I don't mind it and neither do my cats.
post #9 of 29
either - which ever they have at the moment
post #10 of 29
I didn't even know scented litter was available, so I'll say unscented - we use pretty much unscented everything
post #11 of 29
I use the crystal type litter so the litter itself is unscented.
post #12 of 29
I like the scented kind!
post #13 of 29
I think its unscented (of course until they use it!!)hehe
post #14 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
I think its unscented (of course until they use it!!)hehe
post #15 of 29
Unscented, cuz if it's got perfumey stuff in it, I'm afraid they'd not like it!

Plus with 6 cats and the mentality they ALL seem to have of "oh mommy just cleaned the litter box, hooray time for the Pooping Contest!!!"... what's the use in SCENTED litter anyways?
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
I think its unscented (of course until they use it!!)hehe
Good one Gail!
post #17 of 29
Unsented for Harley!
post #18 of 29
The litter I use is made of wheat, which has a scent of it's own.
post #19 of 29
I use unscented - the scents often bother ME! Besides, kitties have such sensitive noses, I shudder at what the effects of scented litter are on them. I know I wouldn't want to use that (scented) box!!
post #20 of 29
Scented. The one I use makes the kitties smell really good, too. Our cats seem to prefer scented anything. Don't know why. Every last one of them will choose to lay on fresh, clean laundry rather than something that's dirty OR something that's clean but has been clean so long that it's lost its scent. In fact, when I put new litter in the box (thank goodness no other time), the kittens will get in and LAY in it, just relaxing.
post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
I didn't even know scented litter was available, so I'll say unscented - we use pretty much unscented everything
Ditto - I have never even seen any other litter available. I actually liked the mild natural clayish smell of her old litter(before she used it!! )
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
I heard scented litter was bad because cats don't like it!
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb_78
I heard scented litter was bad because cats don't like it!
That's what I thought too, but given the choice, our cats will choose scented litter. Scented anything, in fact. Except they hate the smell of citrus and thus don't really like the cleaners I use, which is fine with me as I'd prefer them to be somewhere else when I'm cleaning; they don't need the chemicals, and I don't need the "help."
post #24 of 29
Emmett uses Special Kitty in the purple box. Its clumping, unscented, and odor absorbing. Its the best stuff and he seems to like it becasue he's always scratching in it for hours
post #25 of 29
Unscented because most scents give me a headache.
post #26 of 29
I only use all-natural litter, so it smells like whatever it's made from whether it's wheat, corn, or pine. I really like the scent of the pine litter. It reminds me of going to the hardware store w/my Dad when I was little!
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by evnshawn
Scented. The one I use makes the kitties smell really good, too. Our cats seem to prefer scented anything. Don't know why. Every last one of them will choose to lay on fresh, clean laundry rather than something that's dirty OR something that's clean but has been clean so long that it's lost its scent. In fact, when I put new litter in the box (thank goodness no other time), the kittens will get in and LAY in it, just relaxing.
Wow, that's actually amazing! Most cats HATE the smell of anything like that! I use Everclean extra strength unscented.
post #28 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by menagerie mama
Wow, that's actually amazing! Most cats HATE the smell of anything like that! I use Everclean extra strength unscented.
Weird, isn't it? I don't know if our oldest cat, Ace, somehow "taught" the others to like artificial scents or what. He is the WORST fresh laundry fiend in the world. He doesn't care if it's still warm or not, but if it smells like it's just come from the dryer and I leave it unattended, it's covered in cat hair within 2.3 seconds.
post #29 of 29
I use wood litter , it has a slight wood smell..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Scented or Unscented??