TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anyone going to get dressed up?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone going to get dressed up?

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Ok, I know it's a little early for Halloween still, but all the fall threads and Cosy the adorable frog in Fur Pictures got me thinking about what to do for Halloween. I'm invited to a party for the 29th already, lol.

I found this costume online yesterday. What do you guys think?

Halloween Costume

Also, anyone planning on getting dressed up and if so what do you think you want to be?
post #2 of 26
That looks really cute! I definitely like that one.

I don't know what I'm doing for Halloween yet, but I have no doubt there'll be a party involved. This is what I plan on being: My costume
post #3 of 26
I dress up every year. I had this dress specially made to fit me, I made the ruby slippers myself, the hair is real, and my mom even has a dog who looks just like Toto. I won 2nd place last year in a contest and this year, I'm going to hit bar after bar til I win FIRST place somewhere!

I do-up my front yard, too, on Halloween night... I put the "wicked witch" on the ground (a hat w/ striped stockings underneath, like she is melted), with a bucket of water and leaves scattered around; I have a scarecrow who holds a sign that reads "if I only had a brain"; and I put all the candy to give out to the kids, into my basket (like Dorothy carried down the yellow brick road?).

One of the guys i work with gave me a CD burned with all the Wiz of Oz music, so I'm going to play that this year, and I'm going to cover my front porch slab in a yellow vinyl tablecloth with bricks drawn on it. Oh and I'm going to scatter apples around the tree (remember those evil trees who threw their apples at Dorothy?)...

Yeah I go all out, but I have FUN and well people drop-jaw when they see how much I look like Judy Garland!!! The kids love Barney (mom's dog) and the ADULTS hang around to inquire about my obsession with the Wizard of Oz.

post #4 of 26
Aw, thanks for the shot-out to Cosy

I'm not sure what we'll do (if anything) for Halloween, but if we do end up going to any parties, I may just borrow some stuff from Bradley and go as a dirty, hippie fisherman (his words) or a dirty, camouflaged hunter .

Edited to add: Katherine, Brandon is going to die when he sees you in that costume! Is he going to go as Heff?

Stephanie- that costume is incredible! You look JUST like Judy Garland!
post #5 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
Aw, thanks for the shot-out to Cosy

I'm not sure what we'll do (if anything) for Halloween, but if we do end up going to any parties, I may just borrow some stuff from Bradley and go as a dirty, hippie fisherman (his words) or a dirty, camouflaged hunter .

Edited to add: Katherine, Brandon is going to die when he sees you in that costume! Is he going to go as Heff?

Stephanie- that costume is incredible! You look JUST like Judy Garland!
Hmmm that's a good idea. I should just tell Brendan that he's going to be Heff. I'm sure he'll be happy to not have to think about it! Great idea Amy! I've always wanted to go as an old-school bunny so I'm really excited about it this year!

I like the dirty, hippie fisherman! That's really cute! Halloween is such a great holiday! You get to be whatever the heck you want and no one gets to pass judgment because heck, it's Halloween!!!

I agree Stephanie, you DO look just like Judy Garland! Great costume!!!
post #6 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katspixiedust
That looks really cute! I definitely like that one.

I don't know what I'm doing for Halloween yet, but I have no doubt there'll be a party involved. This is what I plan on being: My costume
I don't think I could get away with wearing that costume, but it's really cute!!
post #7 of 26
I wish we did Hallowe'en like you guys in the US, it's always a bit of a let down where I am. Love the costumes though!
post #8 of 26
Your costumes look great!

Stephanie, you look amazing as Dorothy! Love it!

Yeah, as Clare said, Hallowe'en is really not in the same leage as you have in the US! *sigh* Generally round here, it just gives all the scallies and excuse to put on a mask and intimidate people - and kid to beg for cash!

I'll be staying in and keeping guard!
post #9 of 26
I LOVE Halloween!
I always dress up when I take the kids trick or treating. I also dress up for work lol
I like this one
http://www.frankelcostume.com/pages/...ucts/15931.htm
post #10 of 26
WOW Dixie. That is one SEXY costume! You vamp!

I am personally hoping for First Place as my Dorothy get-up. I mainly dress up for Halloween night, for the kiddies on my street. But the bar-hopping scene gets pretty wild around here (Cincinnati is chock-full of haunted houses, haunted boats, and PARTIES)... and last year I had never been talked to so much in my LIFE as I was with them ruby slippers on!

I didn't know the UK didn't celebrate Halloween as much as we do? I guess we're a partying bunch of people huh... ? Halloween around here has become bigger than Christmas.
post #11 of 26
Here in Savannah, it's a bigger deal to get dressed up for St. Patrick's Day!
post #12 of 26
Those are great costumes!! I will be dressing up for Halloween (I do every year) not sure what I'll dress up as this year though
post #13 of 26
i have only celebrated halloween once in australia!
Two people shut the door in our faces saying that we dont celebrate it!!!!!!!

we put red lipstick all over our faces and stuck toilet paper in our hair!
I really should scan it
post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 
Wow, I never realized that Halloween wasn't really a big thing in other countries! Halloween is definitely pretty big around here. People decorate almost as much as they do for Christmas! It's kinda crazy really, but lots of fun!
post #15 of 26
Gee maybe I should try something different this year! All of ya'lls are dressing up sexy. I dress up for Halloween and I am going for all out scary and gory! Blood painted everywhere, intestines hanging out, big gashes with farm tools sticking out of them
I did like the boxer girl costume! That was hot. I dont think I could pull off the playboy bunny though... ... nope, definetly couldnt!
post #16 of 26
Well I'm in a bit of a dilemma if anyone wants to help me out.

See I had it planned for a long time that for halloween I'd dress up as Nikki Sixx..(the bassist of Motley Crue). Well then my friend started talking to me about halloween and she invited me to be involved in her little haunted house thingy that she does every year with her family. Well I can't exactly be involved in a haunted house if I'm dressed as Nikki Sixx.. And I really don't know of anything else that I really want to be.. So it's either go trick or treating with someone else or possibly even by myself..oor give up my possibly only chance to dress up as Nikki Sixx and try to find something else to be and get involved with the haunted house........

PS: I hate haunted houses
post #17 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mferr84
Gee maybe I should try something different this year! All of ya'lls are dressing up sexy. I dress up for Halloween and I am going for all out scary and gory! Blood painted everywhere, intestines hanging out, big gashes with farm tools sticking out of them
I did like the boxer girl costume! That was hot. I dont think I could pull off the playboy bunny though... ... nope, definetly couldnt!

Everytime I look at that boxer girl costume, I like it more and more. It's cute & sexy, but it's got that nice boxing robe (or whatever it's called), lol!!! Good coverup I think.

That playboy bunny costume is hot, but I couldn't pull it off either!!
post #18 of 26
Thats cute..
post #19 of 26
That's amazing and I bet it's not too hard to place first w/ that outfit. I had a Geography professor dress like Dorothy once. HE was 6'something" and straight as a board. Kinda interesting look, if not accurate.
post #20 of 26
muahahahahahaha.

ooh hallowe'en is gonna be fun this year, boy. looked at that site, and i'm craving some serious bo peep time or snow white this year.

/runs off with her evil little laugh
post #21 of 26
I rarely dress up for Halloween unless I'm going to a party. Even then, I take it off as soon as I get home, so they're the only ones that really get to see it. We don't hand out candy either--we're so mean! I do go to haunted houses though, because I love getting scared!
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl
Well I'm in a bit of a dilemma if anyone wants to help me out.

See I had it planned for a long time that for halloween I'd dress up as Nikki Sixx..(the bassist of Motley Crue). Well then my friend started talking to me about halloween and she invited me to be involved in her little haunted house thingy that she does every year with her family. Well I can't exactly be involved in a haunted house if I'm dressed as Nikki Sixx.. And I really don't know of anything else that I really want to be.. So it's either go trick or treating with someone else or possibly even by myself..oor give up my possibly only chance to dress up as Nikki Sixx and try to find something else to be and get involved with the haunted house........

PS: I hate haunted houses
If you go as Nikki Sixx from the Helter Skelter era you could still do the haunted house. Goodness knows he scared a LOT of parents in those days!
post #23 of 26
For the past 2-3 years, we've had small Halloween parties at the house. Here's what we were last year - me as a flapper and Dennis as a gangster. I wasn't quite fond of the wig as it itched the crap out of me allll night but it was a cute dress my sister in law made. The year before that I was his Mail Order Bride (wore a wedding dress with stamps all over it!) and Dennis was my toothless husband in a trashy suit complete with a mullet!


Susan
post #24 of 26
Susan, those are cute!
post #25 of 26
i cant wait for halloween! I'm excited because we're going to start decorating when we get home from florida.. I just need to figure out what to wear... i do know its going to include a sexy corset i bought over the summer.. I'll probably go as my witchy self.. hahaha i bought an awesome witch hat last year that i've been DYING (haha get it ) to wear out somewhere.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
If you go as Nikki Sixx from the Helter Skelter era you could still do the haunted house. Goodness knows he scared a LOT of parents in those days!
I told my friend from canada that I wanted to go as Nikki Sixx and she was like "You could still do the haunted house!! Just go all crazy and be like "I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD NOW I'M GOING TO KILL YOU WITH MY BASS!!"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Anyone going to get dressed up?