yes, the vet... most definitely. What an ordeal!
Also in gasoline there are additives..manganese esp. This is neurotoxic.
(In USA-- don't down about other countries)
Manganese poisoning leads to AGGRESSION. This may remain after the gas on the fur issue is over. She may have already ingested enough..since cats are small compared to humans. Also Parkinson's... so watch for trembling/gait distrubances. Don't know if cats get this tho, people do.
We spent the weekend helping my son with two new adoptee cats. One is kitten(they've had 3 weeks now), the other a young female who was brutalized and has had recent surgery to fix internal hernias... The cruelty these two faced is just totally upsetting. They wanted a companion to the little one, since he and his roommate work.
We bought them a high cat tree (we have 3) for their apartment. This new girl is so loving... we were in tears Sunday over this. The sponsor at the pet store (can I say the name here? Petco) of the adoption volunteers said she never thought this cat would be adopted out..she was so bedraggled. And coincidence of coincidences... she was named with MY name!!
Whenever toxins are involved with fur, it is really safest to take to the vet(I am a medical professional).
And same with that bite, which needs Keflex (cefalexin or Augmentin).
Another big heart here!
keep us up to date, please?
And best wishes,