TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Has anyone evr seen this...PLEASE! WORRIED!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has anyone evr seen this...PLEASE! WORRIED!

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
I have an appt. with vet Friday at 3:00. Problem Destiny is acting very strange. Up to date on all shots. Heres the problem. She is eating very well, running playing acting normal. But last night while she was a sleep on the chair she just feel off, my husband said that he saw her do this one other time it's like she just blacks out, and then comes back as nothing happened. Last night was the first time I saw here do it, and I am not sure if it was even that. I dont know if when she fell off the footend she hit the hardwood floor hard so it stunned her, or if she blacked out. Then this morning she went to jump up on the chair with me and I noticed she looked like she was off balance for just a second then back to normal.
Really worried, till vet appt.
Anyone?
post #2 of 21
Taking her in is the best thing to do-
post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy
Taking her in is the best thing to do-
Thanks Hissy, I was just hoping someone could shed some light. I am at work and I am so worried, I went home at lunch and checked on her she seems fine. I guess it's the not knowing that drives me crazy.
post #4 of 21
sending and prayers
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin
I have an appt. with vet Friday at 3:00. Problem Destiny is acting very strange. Up to date on all shots. Heres the problem. She is eating very well, running playing acting normal. But last night while she was a sleep on the chair she just feel off, my husband said that he saw her do this one other time it's like she just blacks out, and then comes back as nothing happened. Last night was the first time I saw here do it, and I am not sure if it was even that. I dont know if when she fell off the footend she hit the hardwood floor hard so it stunned her, or if she blacked out. Then this morning she went to jump up on the chair with me and I noticed she looked like she was off balance for just a second then back to normal.
Really worried, till vet appt.
Anyone?
Definitly take her to a vet, but try not to worry till you have something to worry about (I know that's easier said than done when its your baby)
It could be something as simple as an ear infection, those can cause balance problems, or it could be a type of seizure, sometimes those can appear as a momentary loss of awareness. It could also be that she simply was sleeping very deeply and fell off the chair, my boy has done that on occasion.
amanda and kipling
post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
sending and prayers
Hi Sharky, Thank you very much!
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullymom
Definitly take her to a vet, but try not to worry till you have something to worry about (I know that's easier said than done when its your baby)
It could be something as simple as an ear infection, those can cause balance problems, or it could be a type of seizure, sometimes those can appear as a momentary loss of awareness. It could also be that she simply was sleeping very deeply and fell off the chair, my boy has done that on occasion.
amanda and kipling
Just got home from work, everything seems fine she met me a the door went straight to her food treat dish inhaled it, and is now in here laying on the floor beside my chair. She is a very very hard sleeper so I just assumed that was it. Can't wait for vet to see her just to be sure. Going to keep a real good eye on her actions tonight. Thanks for the reply I will keep you all posted.
Ravin
post #8 of 21
My kittens will fall off of little perches when they fall asleep... I can't tell you how many times I've caught them when they start falling off of my lap or the chair that I keep next to my computer desk for them.

The best part is that after, they always wake up and pretend that nothing happened.
post #9 of 21
Let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow, I am sending good vibes to you and Destiny!!
post #10 of 21
Good luck at the vets tomorrow.
Emma has been known to slide off the couch or bed when sleeping--particularly if she's having a very vivid dream, twitching a lot. Usually she's more embarrased than hurt! Oliver's never fallen off of anything, but it would take a lot of inertia to get his hulking mass moving! LOL!
Hopefully it will be nothing major, maybe just a little "kitty klutzy-ness".
post #11 of 21
I hope Destiny's ok! Keep us all posted.

Sashka fell off the bed once when she was really fast asleep - I laughed my head off but I felt so mean afterwards for doing it.

She, too, did the jump-up-nothing-to-see-here act - you know, lick yourself proudly as if to say `I meant to do that!'. But she couldn't quite wipe the `What the hell just happened????' look off her face!!
post #12 of 21
Thread Starter 
hi everybody, well I just do not know what to think now. Vet said she had an inner ear infection gave me med's. (Liquid moxi) Been giving it to her. But last night and this morning it happened again, I will not let her out of my sight been watching real good. Last night he was on the chair with me and she just kind of blacked out that is the only way to explain it. No movement from her for about 2 seconds, then up and fine. Then about 1/2 hour later she was sitting on the floor and did the same thing. Then starting running and playing on the cat tree, it really worries me so I put the cat tree in another room I don't want her to fall off and get hurt. I have another vet I use so I called him today and have made another appointment for her for monday with him.
Does anyone know if a cat can have a reaction like this to cat treats? I notice she does this after I give them 2 treats that they really like. Friskies chicken/hairball (soft treat) and wiskas chicken/hairball (hard treat) they each get 2 of each twice a day. Morning and evening? I might be just looking for answers till I get one? Thanks for all you support I will keep you posted.
Ravin
post #13 of 21
I doubt that the treats are playing a role. It may take several days for the antibiotic to clear up the ear infection. Make sure you give it for the prescribed period, even if she seems much better after 3 or 4 days. Let us know what your other vet says on Monday.
post #14 of 21
my 6mo cat did this last night. he was asleep and laying close to the edge of my monitor. I dont think much of this since he was sleeping and was unaware about how close to the edge he was. heck, i remember myself falling out of bed a few times in the past too.
post #15 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
I doubt that the treats are playing a role. It may take several days for the antibiotic to clear up the ear infection. Make sure you give it for the prescribed period, even if she seems much better after 3 or 4 days. Let us know what your other vet says on Monday.
I pretty much guessed it would not be the treats. Just a good hope. I called the vet again just because I am so worried not that she has gotten worse or anything has changed. Just for piece of mind I guess. He told me if she seemed to start doing it more often tonight or Sunday and if it was taking her longer to come out of it to call him and he would meet me at the office on Sunday. I guess that one good thing about small towns, no emergency clinics but some really good hearted vets.
post #16 of 21
goood luck at the vet and i hope theyll be fine
post #17 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hey jcat I think you may have been right about the med's. this morning she got her dose and 1/2 hour later "blacked out" she has not done it all all today except for the first time this morning. been 6 hours no black out. Last night she did it 3 to4 times that I am aware of. So she does seem to be getting a bit better. She was actually play fighting with Panter.
Still taking her in Monday just want another going over to be sure. Will let you all know and thanks for the feedback!
post #18 of 21
You'll be all better in no time, Destiny! Thank you for keeping us updated, hope tomorrow goes wonderfully for both of you!
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hi All well even tho I thought she was getting better in my eyes the vet wants to keep her so that he can keep an eye on her for a few days. I just hate that I do not like leaving my babies at a vet yet I know it for her own good. I wrote down every little thing I noticed when I took her in. Sunday I thought things were getting better 1 black out all day and I followed her around all day Sunday. Monday brought another story, before we got to the vet 2 black outs this time I notice when it happened she threw out her left back leg then the second one it seemed like she just lost control of her back legs. I have been reading up on certain things it could be and hope it is not none of them. Vet is doing a complete blood work up on her.
The thing that really makes me mad is he said he did not see any signs of an infection
I will keep you posted.
post #20 of 21
I'm sending good health vibes to Destiny and praying that this is nothing serious.
post #21 of 21
Hang in there Ravin and Destiny...me and my kitty crew are sending good vibes your way.

Try not to get overly worried about this - you said you were reading and hoped it wasn't any of the conditions. Fortunately, many of those conditions can be handled medically, such as epilepsy. They would have found something worse than that by now - ie. would have detected a heart murmur. Destiny is going to be all right, however it turns out.

Please keep us posted! We wish you the best!
Beth
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Has anyone evr seen this...PLEASE! WORRIED!