TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Man Pretends To Be Hurricane Victim To Steal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Man Pretends To Be Hurricane Victim To Steal

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Glad he got caught!
http://www.local6.com/money/4939750/detail.html
post #2 of 14
That's terrible. I'm glad he got caught too. Tragedies like this really do bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. Obviously we know what kind of person this was!
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by milopixie
That's terrible. I'm glad he got caught too. Tragedies like this really do bring out the best in some people and the worst in others. Obviously we know what kind of person this was!
Did you watch the video? I just did. He even had an attitude. He said something like "yeah, it was wrong, but i gotta survive." I guess a job is out of the question.
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
Did you watch the video? I just did. He even had an attitude. He said something like "yeah, it was wrong, but i gotta survive." I guess a job is out of the question.
No I didn't see that (can't watch them at work). Oh well I guess a job is definitely out of the question now since he'll be in jail for a while!
post #5 of 14
What a loooooooser. And what a smack in the face to those who really are in need. grrrr
post #6 of 14
God, why can't people like that be sterilized! I hope he never procreates. Its losers like him who are dragging down humanity!!!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by milopixie
No I didn't see that (can't watch them at work). Oh well I guess a job is definitely out of the question now since he'll be in jail for a while!
Hmm. Sadly, I doubt that. He is likely out on bail right now awaiting court a few months down the road. Then he may be in and out in 2 months max.
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by milopixie
No I didn't see that (can't watch them at work). Oh well I guess a job is definitely out of the question now since he'll be in jail for a while!
Hopefully they'll make him do some kind of work in jail, but Loveysmummy's is probably right. I'm sure he's not the only one scheming like this. They ought to make an example of him.
post #9 of 14
Opportunistic !
post #10 of 14
Nah he won't be the first to take advantage of what he might consider a "great opportunity".

I betcha my ex-hubs will be one of the guys who hops on this bandwagon! I can see him going to WalMart tonight with a stolen credit card saying he lost everything in Katrina and getting $$$'s worth of stuff.

then again he is on parole for one more week so he might have to wait.

Ugh, humanity can be so icky sometimes.
post #11 of 14
Some people just drive me nuts!
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy
Hmm. Sadly, I doubt that. He is likely out on bail right now awaiting court a few months down the road. Then he may be in and out in 2 months max.
Unlikely unless he can get something other than the public defender. The video said that he was also implicated in "...as many as 17 burglaries."
post #13 of 14
I knew people like this would pop up.
post #14 of 14
The scammers, grifters and all-around bad actors are out, in droves.

Tucson has a load of evacuees, at the Convention Center. One of them wasted no time, in finding a friendly neighborhood crack dealer, stocking up on "rocks" and pot and returning to the Convention Center, to make a quick buck. Fortunately, Tucson Police caught him, as he returned. Due the amount that he was carrying (obviously looking to deal), he has been charged with a felony possession with intent to distribute and will be a guest of the State of Arizona, for a good, long time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Man Pretends To Be Hurricane Victim To Steal