TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Urgent ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Urgent ?

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know of a website where I can look up cell phone #s? We have family in the New Orleans / Chalmette area and we know that their homes are completely under water but have no way to contact them. I have called their home # (knowing that they wouldn't be able to answer) and left a message with their internet service. I'm hoping that there is some way for them to check those messages.

Please if you know of a way to find a cell phone #, let me know!

This is just a horrible situation. I pray and hope that they are ok.
post #2 of 22
Not that I know of, but from what I hear, not even satellite phones are working, and definitely not cell phones in that area. But I do pray that your family is safe and sound.
post #3 of 22
I don't know how to find their number, but I'll pray with you that they're okay! I hope someone here can help!
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
Some cell phones are working every now and then. I'm hopiing that if I can find the #, that I could leave a message and maybe they can dial in from a land line where ever they are to get messages.

It's scary - for everyone involved. Here in Lafayette, there are 3 shelters that opened today for some of the victims. Locally, the Red Cross is asking for food items such as beans and can goods that they can cook for the people. On a national level, they are asking for money so that they do not have to move the goods - in some areas, it is very difficult to get in.

I appreciate all of your prayers.

All of the victims could use them.
post #5 of 22
You could try an idenity search website, one that would be used for a background check. you may have to pay a couple bucks but they will usually have home and cell numbers. or if you know what company they use you could try to contact the cell company.
post #6 of 22
You can call this number, 866-get-help, to check on info in that area.
I'm very sorry to hear that you have loved ones there...please keep updated.
post #7 of 22
Phone numbers for those in extreme emergencies:
Louisiana State Police: (800) 469-4828
St. John Emergencies: (985) 652-6338 | (985) 497-3321
Kenner Emergencies: (504) 468-7200
Coast Guard: (225) 389-2133

Emergency search and rescue phone lines for those in distress:
(225) 925-7708 | (225) 925-7709 | (225) 925-3511 | (225) 925-7412

To inquire about those in the area who did not evacuate:
American Red Cross, (866) GET-INFO

Jefferson Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness:
(504) 349-5360

To begin assistance process:
FEMA, (800) 621-FEMA

To report price gouging:
(800) 488-2770
post #8 of 22
I'm sorry to hear that you cannot reach your loved ones during this frightening time. You and your family are in my thoughts and I send you the best.
post #9 of 22
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Thank you all for your help. I still haven't found anything out but when I do, I'll update you.

I'm sure they probably went to Mississippi but just don't know where they are. I know that they have lost everything. According to the news, their home is under at least 18 feet of water. Just sickening.......
post #11 of 22
I hope they are alright.
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal
I hope they are alright.
......prayers and good wishes for they.......
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Our family has called!!!!!! They are safe and healthy in IL!!!!!

In another week or so they will make it down to our place.

They have lost EVERYTHING!!! It's heart wreching!
post #14 of 22


I am sorry about their loss, though, but at least they have family
post #15 of 22
I am so glad you heard from them!
post #16 of 22

Yeah!!! I'm so glad to hear this...i know you sure feel better now!!! How did they contact you...power must be on where they are, i assume?@???!
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasmine

Yeah!!! I'm so glad to hear this...i know you sure feel better now!!! How did they contact you...power must be on where they are, i assume?@???!
Yes, they are in IL. at the moment. It was a joyous/sad phone call. Very hard for her to talk. She broke down a few times but they have their health right now.

At the moment I'm calling all of my friends trying to collect eveything from clothes, kitchen supplies, towels, bedding to bath supplies for when they get here next week.

Please don't stop the prayers........they are still much needed!
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine
Our family has called!!!!!! They are safe and healthy in IL!!!!!

In another week or so they will make it down to our place.

They have lost EVERYTHING!!! It's heart wreching!
So glad they are safe! Its very sad that they lost everything.
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherine
Some cell phones are working every now and then. I'm hopiing that if I can find the #, that I could leave a message and maybe they can dial in from a land line where ever they are to get messages.

It's scary - for everyone involved. Here in Lafayette, there are 3 shelters that opened today for some of the victims. Locally, the Red Cross is asking for food items such as beans and can goods that they can cook for the people. On a national level, they are asking for money so that they do not have to move the goods - in some areas, it is very difficult to get in.

I appreciate all of your prayers.

All of the victims could use them.
My cousin kent lives in Lafayette, he went up to stay at Alexandria with his folks.. how'd it fare down there?
post #20 of 22
I'm so sorry that your family lost all they had - but so glad they are OK themselves. That's fantastic news.
post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecat
My cousin kent lives in Lafayette, he went up to stay at Alexandria with his folks.. how'd it fare down there?
We were fine here in Lafayette. They were forcasting 50mph winds and lots of rain but we didn't even get that. The winds were maybe 30mph with a few wind gusts of 50mph. It was a steady shower but no street flooding. Some small branches fell from a few trees but nothing major. We never lost power. We were very fortunate. Had Katrina gone on the west side of New Orleans, we would have had a good size mess.
post #22 of 22
Glad to hear they are safe!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Urgent ?