TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Judge orders force-feeding for convicted sniper
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Judge orders force-feeding for convicted sniper - Page 2

post #31 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizwithcat
Dead is dead. Doesn't really matter in the end how he dies, does it?
He just wants to do state's job sooner and with lots less money spend.
What is the point of force feeding him anyway? Having him sit on death row costs tax payers tons of money. State shouldn't force feed him, considering feeding tube is considered medical treatment, and a person has a right to refuse medical treatment.
how he died would matter to me, if I were one of the victim's family members. I'm sure many taxpayers would not fret about the tax dollars spent on death row if the victim's family members could speak those last words to the sniper right before his execution. Why would anyone want to take their "closure" away from them?
post #32 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizwithcat
It's rather simple. Since sniper refuses to eat, he will be put on life support via feeding tube. Why should he be fed via feeding tube when it's considered medical treatment and a person has a right to refuse medical treatment?
Being a prisoner he loses certain rights.
Also, refusing to eat when you are in good health otherwise constitutes suicide, which is illegal. If I were to sit here and declare I wanted to die and did not eat or drink anything for several days, I guarantee you I would end up in a hospital with a feeding tube inserted even if I refused it.
post #33 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber
how he died would matter to me, if I were one of the victim's family members. I'm sure many taxpayers would not fret about the tax dollars spent on death row if the victim's family members could speak those last words to the sniper right before his execution. Why would anyone want to take their "closure" away from them?
Well, if I were one of the victim's family members, I would have been happy he is going to die sooner than later, and I don't have to wait for 15 years for state to carry out the sentense. And I sure wouldn't want the state to keep him on life support for 15 years instead of just letting him die right now if he so wants.
post #34 of 50
I very seriously doubt he is going to need to be kept alive on a feeding tube for 15 years or even 1 year for that matter. Just my opinion.
post #35 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle
I very seriously doubt he is going to need to be kept alive on a feeding tube for 15 years or even 1 year for that matter. Just my opinion.
How can you tell? It depends on wether he will keep on refusing food.
If he keeps on refusing it, then they will keep him on it for 15 years.
post #36 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKittenDaddy
Judge orders force-feeding

What I want know is Why? Let the Sum Bit(h starve and save us all some money feeding his sorry @$$ for the rest of his life.
Hey if he don't like prison grub It's all right with me if he goes hungry.
let him starve to death for all i care. i dont get the whole, treat criminals humane thing, even though he (cowardly) shot people, when certain criminals torture people, and do awful things to them..its all about protecting the criminals rights and bla bla. hes lucky he didnt shoot anyone i knew!! i didnt live anywhere near where it happened..let him staaaaarve!!
post #37 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle
Being a prisoner he loses certain rights.
Also, refusing to eat when you are in good health otherwise constitutes suicide, which is illegal. If I were to sit here and declare I wanted to die and did not eat or drink anything for several days, I guarantee you I would end up in a hospital with a feeding tube inserted even if I refused it.
i forget that suicide is illegal, which is kind of dumb since the person cant be charged for the crime they committed to themself (or do they bring the coffin into court and have a trial? just kidding). who has the right to say if we want to live is legal/or not? the whole thought sucks though..someone wanting to end their life..as for declaring not eating and drinking/suicide way..if someone really wanted to die they could do a lot better than sitting on their behind refusing food.. (or whatever the snipers doing)
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiclett_33
i forget that suicide is illegal, which is kind of dumb since the person cant be charged for the crime they committed to themself (or do they bring the coffin into court and have a trial? just kidding). who has the right to say if we want to live is legal/or not? the whole thought sucks though..someone wanting to end their life..as for declaring not eating and drinking/suicide way..if someone really wanted to die they could do a lot better than sitting on their behind refusing food.. (or whatever the snipers doing)
They won't be charged if they survive the suicide attempt either. So, how illegal can it be?
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizwithcat
They won't be charged if they survive the suicide attempt either. So, how illegal can it be?
really?? i didnt know that! they would be put in a psychiatric ward then probably or be forced to get help...then it doesnt seem that inforced!
post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizwithcat
He was sentenced to death. So, what sentense does he has to fulfill? They are supposed to kill him anyway.
His death sentence is to be carried out by the State, not by his hands or mindset. BTW I'm against the death penalty.
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizwithcat
They won't be charged if they survive the suicide attempt either. So, how illegal can it be?
That is not true.... Their sentence would be treatment in a psychology ward. They would be required to get help for the problems that they have.
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle
That is not true.... Their sentence would be treatment in a psychology ward. They would be required to get help for the problems that they have.
There is no sentense for attempted suicide.
They might be put into a pshyciatric ward, maybe for a week at the most.
post #43 of 50
How much further would you WANT to punish a suicidal person?
post #44 of 50
When I worked for a criminal defense attorney we had a client who among other charges tried to commit suicide and was sentenced to a psychiatric facility and once released from the facility had to go through counseling programs.
If a police officer is called out to your home, whether it be because a family member called or whatever, if they have reason to believe you are planning to commit suicide the officer will take you into custody and he doesn't take you to jail but to a psychiatric center to be put on watch.
I don't think the point of it being illegal is to punish a suicidal person, but to give legal officials the authority to get them help. If it isn't illegal then they really wouldn't be able to interfere.
post #45 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy
How much further would you WANT to punish a suicidal person?
This person in particular--------A LOT. Click on the article link again and visit the link on that page that shows a gallery of his victims.
post #46 of 50
Speaking as a member of the community where these two not only shot a person innocently leaving a restaurant, but also held this small, rural town in a state of abject terror for a period of several days, I don't care if they starve themselves, the State does the job or whatever so long as neither of them can ever see the light of day again.

There were heliocopters in "stealth" mode regularly flying over my house, there were very scary men in all black armored uniforms carrying big, ugly-looking guns patrolling the local Food Lion parking lot, there were FBI, CIA and any number of other alphabet-soup agencies readily obvious all over everywhere. There were members of every press association known to man and then some, all with their cameras and microphones trained for a video or sound bite on every corner, some even coming down to the houses to get "the local reaction".

My own brother is the Team Leader for our community law enforcement's Early Response Team. I will never, ever forget the rush of ice-cold that went through my veins when his called me that early Saturday evening to say, "Don't go into Ashland. Jud has been deployed." We knew what that meant and we were very, very frightened. I will never, ever forget the moment the world saw our normally quiet, peaceful little community all over their TV screens and in the headlines on the front pages of newspapers all over the country.

And I will never, ever forget seeing Malvo ... although I didn't know at the time he was one of them ... standing in the grocery store, looking at the cover of Time Magazine - the cover with the crosshairs and the caption SNIPER - and the fact that he was wearing a T-Shirt with the exact same crosshairs and caption on the front. He was wearing that shirt when they were captured at a rest stop on Interstate 95.

If they do insert a gastric lavage tube, then I hope they load it stagnant water and moldy bread.
post #47 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef
And I will never, ever forget seeing Malvo ... although I didn't know at the time he was one of them ... standing in the grocery store, looking at the cover of Time Magazine - the cover with the crosshairs and the caption SNIPER - and the fact that he was wearing a T-Shirt with the exact same crosshairs and caption on the front. He was wearing that shirt when they were captured at a rest stop on Interstate 95.
What!!??? You saw him? That is chilling. Wow.
post #48 of 50
They were out and about all over this little town!! I clearly remember seeing the car leaving the road contruction area where the Wal-mart now stands and thinking it was strange that a car was back there when the road wasn't completed yet. They both could be clearly seen in the videos the press took after the shooting. They were in and out of both the truckstop and the local YMCA frequently. They were in the fast food restaurants and stores. They were in contact via phone with the priest of our local Catholic church. We ALL saw them. But we didn't know at the time they were "the Ones".
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyyfaber
how he died would matter to me, if I were one of the victim's family members. I'm sure many taxpayers would not fret about the tax dollars spent on death row if the victim's family members could speak those last words to the sniper right before his execution. Why would anyone want to take their "closure" away from them?
Amen. This should be about justice for the victims' families, plain and simple!
post #50 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
Amen. This should be about justice for the victims' families, plain and simple!
Justice-how exactly do you get justice for the loved one that is dead?
Killing the sniper isn't going to bring them back. But once the sniper is dead, he can't escape and kill anyone else. The sooner he dies, the better. So, instead of feeding him via feeding tube for 15 years they should let him starve if he so wishes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Judge orders force-feeding for convicted sniper