TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A Three-Ring Chinese Fire Drill......ugh!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Three-Ring Chinese Fire Drill......ugh!

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Geez......talk about being one of those days....!!! Today we had breakfast to deliver at 7:30 for 40 people, a small table to set up by 10 with fruit/veg/croissants and punch, then lunch to deliver for about 50 in 4 offices ....no problem...right? WRONG!!!!! This was one of those days where everything that could go wrong, did.....

Started my day at the bakery at 4:15, no problem, we got breakfast ready, most of the stuff for the table too......no problems until I panic stopped and turned over the small crock pot of chocolate gravy....had to stop and right it, then was late.......and had chocolate all over the liner in the Expedition, and the tailgate where it ran down, and me! Got back to the bakery, was going to take mom's trooper, so hub could leave with lunch while I was gone if need be......pulled it up, turned a/c on, left it running and LOCKED the only set of keys in it!!!!!!! Wound up taking our Expedition, so was running late for the second setup too....and I HATE being late! Hub worried with it long enough to run the lunches late getting done, called locksmith though, so got it open, but by the time I got back, it took all five of us there to get the lunches out 20 minutes late...aarrrrrggghh!!!!

Thank God they're not all like that, I'd probably scream!
post #2 of 15
I hope tomorrow goes much better for you!
post #3 of 15
Oh what a rotten day Cindy - some days you just want to go back to bed and start it all over again don't you! At least you got all the bad stuff over in one day. Tomorrow will be just great now
post #4 of 15
Can you spell: H - A - P - P - Y - H - O - U - R ?!?!
You'll need it today!
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Oh what a rotten day Cindy - some days you just want to go back to bed and start it all over again don't you! At least you got all the bad stuff over in one day. Tomorrow will be just great now
Lol, I hope so....its a 25 serving luncheon in Birmingham....chicken cordon bleu, steamed green beans, etc., served on real plates and with linens.....if it goes badly, you guys may never see me again!
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Friend
Can you spell: H - A - P - P - Y - H - O - U - R ?!?!
You'll need it today!
I guarantee, if I drank.....tonight would be one for it!
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
I guarantee, if I drank.....tonight would be one for it!
Who says the beverage can't be an ultra-huge chocolate milk-shake?
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Lol, I hope so....its a 25 serving luncheon in Birmingham....chicken cordon bleu, steamed green beans, etc., served on real plates and with linens.....if it goes badly, you guys may never see me again!
Drat! I take it you don't mean the Birmingham near me - I'd be there like a shot to help you set up and.....to test the goods of course . Hope it goes well tomorrow.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Friend
Who says the beverage can't be an ultra-huge chocolate milk-shake?
Lol, that'd be great!


Quote:
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea
Drat! I take it you don't mean the Birmingham near me - I'd be there like a shot to help you set up and.....to test the goods of course . Hope it goes well tomorrow.
LOL, nope.....would love to have you though!1
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Oh, and to top it all off....I've strained the muscles that run across the top of my arm from the elbow to the wrist....in both arms!!!! AAAAUUGGGHHH!
post #11 of 15
Cindy, I've just Fed-Exed you a plane ticket to come to the Fioretti palace for a week of rest and relaxatioin............so get packing!! Chocolate and junkfood is ready!

Oh by the way, I thought I should mention that Jerry and I will be in Ocean City, but TTP & B will be there to see to your needs! LOL
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Ahhhhh, thanks Susie....chocolate, junkfood and kitties.....what more could a body need?
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Ahhhhh, thanks Susie....chocolate, junkfood and kitties.....what more could a body need?
post #14 of 15
That sounded like a nightmare Cindy!
post #15 of 15
Aww..what a day! Hope the next one is better!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A Three-Ring Chinese Fire Drill......ugh!