TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › For those that have dogs,,, what do you feed??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For those that have dogs,,, what do you feed??

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
What size are you dogs >?? How old ?? Breed if known?? What do they eat:0

Mine small ... 7.5 yrs ... Yorkie... Nutros natural choice senior with ultra adult and N atural balences Venison and brown rice... Ratio 1/2 senior , 1/4 ultra and 1/4 venison... She is picky and has allergies is the reason... she gets any canned that shell eat ... she like s beef and chicken flavors usually .. she also gets homeade and starting raw .....
post #2 of 19
one of my dogs has had bladder stones so we have her on a special science diet
post #3 of 19
Nutro Natural large breed weight management. lab/some bully breed 90 pounds (should be around 80 pounds).
Bear has corn allergies, though glutten doesn't seem to trigger them, he loves it, his skin got really dry and he shed a lot on comparable brands/formulas and most gave him really awful gas.
He's not obese, but he's a chunky boy, and I could see that becoming an issue if left unchecked.
post #4 of 19
Athena and Isis, 10 months and 8 months prospectively both get Pro plan large breed puppy, and we have just started mixing in a bit of Bil Jac as well.

they also get pedigree in the morning, 1/4 can each. i know its not the best but its the only they will eat.

oh yes, and Basset Hound, and Siberian Husky are the breeds
post #5 of 19
scamperfarms, I have to say I ADORE YOUR NEW SIGGY!!! IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
secondly, My parents' dogs eat either pedigree or some other food you can get at walmart. They also get human food (mostly bones and meat or corn cobs to chew, baked potato skins, etc. basically the meal scraps.) quite a bit. I know its not healthy, but its what my parents feed them, they like it and do well on it, so whatever.
post #6 of 19
my dog ben (middle size) collie x.will eat anything going,cat food (if he can steal it) but normally i give him bakers lite (hes a bit tubby) or canned food with meal mixed in.
but he loves *human food* if he can get away with it.
post #7 of 19
Beneful We have a pug and a pit/lab mix. Switched to Nurtro but Lily (pug) just wouldn't eat it. They love Beneful and do well on it. Oh, and of course a little sample of whatever we're eating.
post #8 of 19
not quite in subject,but had to tell you,my dog ben,well we took him to a market last week,and there was a stall selling animal food,with all the dog biscuits in boxes on the floor,well ben is now a shoplifter,he tried to help himself to some bones, he had a dispionted look on his face when i told him NO.
but i still bought him a couple of chicken flavored chews to keep him happy.
post #9 of 19
I just switched Cinnamon to Nutro Lamb&Rice. Mom had him on Euk. Reduced fat for two years, and it wasn't helping him lose wt, so I figured I'd try a different tack. Too soon to tell if it's made a difference. . .
post #10 of 19
I have a 60pound chocolate lab, a 45 pound basset hound and a 18 pound mix. I feed big ones iam big chunks. The little one mini chunks he is old and missing alot of teeth and the little bites help.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
What size are you dogs >?? How old ?? Breed if known?? What do they eat:0

Mine small ... 7.5 yrs ... Yorkie... Nutros natural choice senior with ultra adult and N atural balences Venison and brown rice... Ratio 1/2 senior , 1/4 ultra and 1/4 venison... She is picky and has allergies is the reason... she gets any canned that shell eat ... she like s beef and chicken flavors usually .. she also gets homeade and starting raw .....
Brynna is 3 years old in November. She's a 75 lb. aussie/lab mix. In the morning, I feed her a lamb/rice formula dry food with 1/4 can of Pro Plan mixed in, because she takes Prednisone and needs food with it. In the evening, she just gets the dry, much to her chagrin!
post #12 of 19
California Natural. I'm going to switch him to Nature's Variety Prairie soon, to see how he takes to it, and if he doesn't do well on it, he'll go back to California Natural (might try Innova first, though, I'm not sure yet). He's a 50lb Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix, BTW.
post #13 of 19
I have one dog Jazz, she is about 13 years old and she gets fed Champ Nutri Plus Senior kibble
post #14 of 19
My pups get a homemade batch of raw hamburger, with a mixture of wheaties, molasses, wheat germ, eggs and other stuff. They love it and I make a big batch and freeze them in individual bags. I have found a lot of commercial foods cause major gas in the pups and switching them over to this has helped.
post #15 of 19
I just recently switched from Nutro Lite to Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul. It's a better food but I'm not so happy with their stools thus far. I will wait another month to see if they settle down. If not I will switch back to Nutro.
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy
My pups get a homemade batch of raw hamburger, with a mixture of wheaties, molasses, wheat germ, eggs and other stuff. They love it and I make a big batch and freeze them in individual bags. I have found a lot of commercial foods cause major gas in the pups and switching them over to this has helped.
Hissy
Please put up or pm me your recipe... gigi loves raw hambuger and mom would like her to have a balenced meal


I have done chn soup stools never did solidfy that why she eats the dry she eats..
post #17 of 19
10 pounds of raw hamburger meat (cheapest cut)
1 large box Total cereal
1 medium box oatmeal
1 jar wheat germ
1 1/4 cup veg oil
1 1/4 cup unsulfered molassess
10 raw eggs
10 envelopes unflavored gelatin
pinch of salt


Mix all the ingredients together just like a meat loaf and then divide into freezer bags. Thaw as needed-


also www.caninecrib.com is a fairly new dog board-
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hissy
10 pounds of raw hamburger meat (cheapest cut)
1 large box Total cereal
1 medium box oatmeal
1 jar wheat germ
1 1/4 cup veg oil
1 1/4 cup unsulfered molassess
10 raw eggs
10 envelopes unflavored gelatin
pinch of salt


Mix all the ingredients together just like a meat loaf and then divide into freezer bags. Thaw as needed-


also www.caninecrib.com is a fairly new dog board-
Thanks for that, MA. I just joined.
post #19 of 19
Thread Starter 
Thanks Hissy....
I will check it out..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › For those that have dogs,,, what do you feed??