I'm in the anti-porn camp. It makes me sick and here's why.
1) Porn takes the love out of lovemaking. It takes away the tenderness, caring, affection, and all other love related components and reduces it to an entirely selfish act of simply "getting off".
2) People who are really into porn become desensitized to real human sexual interaction. A real partner just doesn't cut it for them after awhile. Over time, they gradually slip away into a depraved fantasy world.
3) A man would be really upset if he found out his wife or girlfriend faked an orgasm. Why then do so many of them get excited watching complete strangers faking it?
4) As far as I know, no one on this board embraces the fact that most fashion models starve themselves and get breast implants (judging from this thread
). So, for those who are ok with porn, why the big exception? If it's bad for fashion models to maintain an unnatural appearance, then why is it OK for porn stars?
5) IMO, getting off on porn is worse
than committing adultery. The cheater is getting off on other women just as much as he would if he were physically having sex with other women. But since it's not a real woman
, the cheater starts losing touch with what it's like to be with a real woman, including the person he is cheating on. I'd rather my BF commit adultery because at least he would be sharing his body with someone who has a a mind, a heart and a soul.