TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › It's (Possibly) Promotion Time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It's (Possibly) Promotion Time - Page 2

post #31 of 44
Great news, good to know someone with such integrity is out there doin' their thing like you are.

Are male rapes on the rise in Iraq? I guess they will never tell us about that.
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
Wow, thanks again for all of your support everyone!!!



Thanks Eileen, that means a lot to me Admittedly, mine is an uphill battle with the military, but it's one I'm eager to take on!!
It would be soooooooooooo beneficial to the military to have you in this new position.
Its not going to keep you away from TCS, is it?
post #33 of 44
Thread Starter 
I am blown away by y'all's support. Thank you all SO MUCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Are male rapes on the rise in Iraq? I guess they will never tell us about that.
You betcha. Big-time. Majorly. Wish I could say more without fear of retribution, so I'll leave it at that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
Its not going to keep you away from TCS, is it?
NOTHING could keep me away from TCS (except maybe a power outage ), though it'll limit the amount of time I get to spend on here during most afternoons.
post #34 of 44
Amy, you and I see eye to eye on so many things, and I have great respect for you. I send you nothing but the best vibes, and I hope that it works out for the best, but I know no matter where you are, you will make a difference.
post #35 of 44
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy_loves_CJ
Amy, you and I see eye to eye on so many things, and I have great respect for you. I send you nothing but the best vibes, and I hope that it works out for the best, but I know no matter where you are, you will make a difference.

Thank you so much! That really made my day and affirms why I stick with this profession!

Got some semi-bad news today. The woman who was leaving the SARC job is going to stay. It's a bummer b/c now I cannot apply, but it's also good news because she is WONDERFUL at what she does and has such a passion for helping rape survivors. I'm really glad she's staying

So I'll be sticking with my job as an Installation Victim Advocate for now. Can't really complain; it's a great gig

Thanks for all of your well wishes, though. That means a lot to me Que sera sera!
post #36 of 44
Ah well. Not this time Amy. Your chance will come! Besides - you do a great job just where you are
post #37 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
Thank you so much! That really made my day and affirms why I stick with this profession!

Got some semi-bad news today. The woman who was leaving the SARC job is going to stay. It's a bummer b/c now I cannot apply, but it's also good news because she is WONDERFUL at what she does and has such a passion for helping rape survivors. I'm really glad she's staying

So I'll be sticking with my job as an Installation Victim Advocate for now. Can't really complain; it's a great gig

Thanks for all of your well wishes, though. That means a lot to me Que sera sera!
Aw, sorry about the semi-bad news, Amy. This must just mean something bigger and better is headed your way! At least you really love the job you have currently. I know you're gonna be into management/leadership positions in no time!! There's always room at the top for those who can and want to make a difference!!
post #38 of 44
I'm sure this just means that there's something even better planned for your life, it's just not time for it yet. Not being able to apply for this job may be keeping you open to an amazing opportunity you may not have otherwise been able to go after had you gotten the job!
post #39 of 44
Thread Starter 
Thanks guys Y'all are the best.

Well, this could be a blessing in disguise. At least if I keep this job I'm really showing that I can stick to one position for a long time AND the schedule is good enough to accomodate my online grad school times .
post #40 of 44
Quote:
Que sera sera
You are right, Amy! Sorry this one didn't work out. It just means there is a better time for the job ahead !
post #41 of 44
Aww thats a shame, but maybe this wasn't meant to be and something even beter will come along!
post #42 of 44
Sorry it didn't work out, but it is good that you can continue with your online grad school.
post #43 of 44
I'm glad that at least the cloud has a silver lining and you can finish your studies. Things always seem to happen for a reason. I'm sure this is all for the best and there is a very bright future in store for you!
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
Aww thats a shame, but maybe this wasn't meant to be and something even beter will come along!
....don´t give it up Amy! ......i know something good is near for you soon!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › It's (Possibly) Promotion Time