Yes, I spent about eight month this past year meeting different guys on a dating website, and I can't say I've been thrilled with the results.
- one of them, after one date, announced that he was allergic to cats and that I should be willing to make 'some lifestyle changes' (ie. get rid of my cats) so that we could become serious. When I essentially laughed in his face, he flew into a rage, ranting and raving about how he knew we were meant to be together and we could have been perfect, but I had to go and ruin it because I was childish and selfish, etc.
- another decided to casually mention after the third date that he still considered himself 'attached' to his 'ex'-girlfriend, 'in a way', and that he considered her his soulmate and would always love her. Also, I should know that she had a serious eating disorder, and that he had to put a lot of time into being a 'loving caretaker' for her. You're darn right I should have known, buddy - before the first date, so I could have NOT wasted time with you!
- my profile clearly states that I am only interested in dating left-wingers - and not as a little side note - I make a big deal in my profile about how important this is to me. Well, date number three spent our entire date going on about how he felt abortion was wrong except in very rare cases and welfare is so out of hand and needs to be reformed, etc.
- The next one, who I actually had a short relationship with, was just bizarre - it was as though he had no emotions whatsoever, and he also had an aversion to conversation, as well - many, many times I would say something, and he would just not answer me at all! At first I assumed I was boring him, and that he wouldn't ask me out again, but he kept asking me out again, so I asked him about it, and apparently, sometimes he 'just isn't in the mood to talk' - actually, it was most of the time (and it wasn't as if I was trying to talk to him at innappropriate times when quiet introspection would be expected - this was all the time!)
- another one also shared date number three's bizarre definition of 'left-wing', except he was also sneaky about it - he didn't bring up anything to make me think he wasn't left-wing throughout the entire date, and then after he's come home with me and, well, you can imagine, while lying in my bed at 1:00 A.M. announces his undying respect for Dennis Miller and his belief that 'some countries just need to be bombed, and Iraq is one of them!'. He wasn't very happy when I made him get up and leave in the middle of the night.
I'll shut up now, because this is getting really long, but these are only some examples of the guys I've dated from online - there are a bunch more along the same lines. Of all the guys I met, only one of them seemed nice and normal (and I wasn't attracted to him at all, unfortunately).