Originally Posted by berism
thanks for your interest, i took my little sheba to the vet for xrays. the vet said it was very unusual but she had either aborted or absorbed any kittens that were there. the bleeding was an infection, possibly due to above, she has just finished a course of anti-biotics and is fighting fit again. i will take her back for mating when she next come on heat. i am now a registered breeder, prefix ausbengal. if she has problems again i will get her desexed and look around for another female. i already had orders for about 6 kittens too and i wanted to keep one myself if she had a good one. she is a brown spotted with lots of glitter. she is an f7. thanks again for your help. i checked out your website. your kittens are beautiful. there arent many breeders in australia and they are a very clicky lot. not very forthcoming with help, except for the guy i bought my little girl from. beris m.
Thats too bad. I wish they were better about helping out it should be to better the breed but it seems they have one thing on thier minds and that is they don't want competition! Breeders are very helpful around here which im thankful for. There are a number of breeders that I have adopted as my mentors. It's nice to be able to ask questions.
Anyway, do you know what caused the infection? I would definately try and find out. i would also wait for awhile for her to heal like the previous post said. An infection could kill her and you don't want that to happen.
Perhaps you could ask your vet to put her on a round of antibiotics right before you breed her to be sure she has no infection.