TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Steve..genius..or nuts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steve..genius..or nuts?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I had to laugh today when steve asked me what was going to happen when the girls were in heat and we didnt want ares to breed with them. I said they will be seperated and kept in seperate rooms. Caged if needed although i dont want to have to do that. He just looked offended. said he shouldnt be seperated from his "harem" and started flipping through a catalog...his solution!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&N=2001+113858

I have to give him credit..this just might work! LOL I have seen plenty of female dogs with them and actually pondered it a while but pushed it aside. I tended to a female dog who wore one and they are super easy to clean.just like a baby diaper......

I havent decided if he is a genius..or just nuts..what do you think? LOL
post #2 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
I had to laugh today when steve asked me what was going to happen when the girls were in heat and we didnt want ares to breed with them. I said they will be seperated and kept in seperate rooms. Caged if needed although i dont want to have to do that. He just looked offended. said he shouldnt be seperated from his "harem" and started flipping through a catalog...his solution!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...&N=2001+113858

I have to give him credit..this just might work! LOL I have seen plenty of female dogs with them and actually pondered it a while but pushed it aside. I tended to a female dog who wore one and they are super easy to clean.just like a baby diaper......

I havent decided if he is a genius..or just nuts..what do you think? LOL
Sorry, I vote for nuts. How is cat going to use the bathroom with those on?
post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 
like the dogs do..in the little diaper..LMAO. i know ewww....but they are easy tro clean out...*chuckles* I am leaning on nuts too..but maybe nuts enough to give it a shot lmao
post #4 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
like the dogs do..in the little diaper..LMAO. i know ewww....but they are easy tro clean out...*chuckles* I am leaning on nuts too..but maybe nuts enough to give it a shot lmao
You could take those off a dog when dogs go outside to potty. Cats, on the other hand, have to use the potty when they have to use the potty. I wouldn't do it if I were you, god only knows what kind of problems with litterbox habits that can lead to . I mean, cats are clean animals and they might not want to pee or poop into the diaper, and then what? A very sick kitty?
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizwithcat
You could take those off a dog when dogs go outside to potty. Cats, on the other hand, have to use the potty when they have to use the potty. I wouldn't do it if I were you, god only knows what kind of problems with litterbox habits that can lead to . I mean, cats are clean animals and they might not want to pee or poop into the diaper, and then what? A very sick kitty?

They also have little bellie band type ones for males...may be the better opition. lol for trial and error...

Heck..never hurts to Alter them either.

I agree that cats are cleanly animals.

I also agree it can be taken off for a dog, but they are also used for older houndies who can not go out on their own..and make messes all over..FYI dogs are not filthie animals either prior to popular belief, lol.

hes just tryign to be helpfull i had to give him credit for trying! lol
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
He just looked offended. said he shouldnt be seperated from his "harem"
Me thinks someone is anthropomorphising a little here. Sounds like something my husband would say and I believe he would be envious too.
post #7 of 24
Maybe I missed something somewhere. Are you a breeder or are you planning to be one? I was wondering why you aren't going to get them spayed? Pretty sure the diaper thing won't work with a cat...
post #8 of 24
I know a few folks that did this with a male cat but I lean torward nuts
post #9 of 24
Nuts...
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissyKitty
Maybe I missed something somewhere. Are you a breeder or are you planning to be one? I was wondering why you aren't going to get them spayed? Pretty sure the diaper thing won't work with a cat...
She is planning to start breeding persians...
Click on her sig link to see pics of her girls and new little guy.
post #11 of 24
KNow I seen everything...lol...dogs in diapers
post #12 of 24
Oh, OK, gotcha. I was wondering why this wasn't posted in breeder corner then. I think professional breeders will keep the females caged when in heat? Perhaps the breeders would best be able to answer how to address this issue.
post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
Actually I am planning on running a cageless cattery. But I have a room set aside for the Male, to be confined too. with an alter or two so he wont get lonely.

This isnt something i have just jumped into...

I thought it was just kinda cute, and funny that steve would come up with this. Like i had said i had thought about it at one time, than disguarded it. But thought it cute, that steve had thought of it the other night. I disguarded my idea so fast i didnt even let him know about it.

We will be getting some of these anyways for our female dogs. So i told him him it may be something just to "try for the cuteness" of it for all over a minute or so.

But of course, all the good ideas people come up with staryt of as insanity too.
post #14 of 24
I was just thinking of how my cats react to having a harness put on them, they fall over and are convinced they can't move. I know some cats are trained to accept a harness from a young age. There's got to be a reason they don't offer these "diapers" for cats though...I know dogs wear them to prevent spotting of furniture. Something I have never had a problem with when I had cats that had come into heat before we got them spayed.
post #15 of 24
Seriously...it might be worth a try. If is dosen't work, oh well. If you do try it be sure to let us know what happens & we will need pictures of course.
Lei
post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissyKitty
I was just thinking of how my cats react to having a harness put on them, they fall over and are convinced they can't move. I know some cats are trained to accept a harness from a young age. There's got to be a reason they don't offer these "diapers" for cats though...I know dogs wear them to prevent spotting of furniture. Something I have never had a problem with when I had cats that had come into heat before we got them spayed.

My cats all love their harness. and not all of them were started young, as i didnt get some of my moggies til they were older. they found me. But i have always made it a postive thing, and introduced it easily..

I have seen them offered somewhere for cats..but it looked to me just like the small dog ones.

We dont have spotting problems either. but we go to shows , and will have males eventually.
post #17 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xocats
Seriously...it might be worth a try. If is dosen't work, oh well. If you do try it be sure to let us know what happens & we will need pictures of course.
Lei

heh if we do try i will surely take pictures...

Dutchy is just eyeing me...i assured her it isnt for her. she remembers having to wear the onsie after she was spayed because she would let the babies nurse
post #18 of 24
I dunno....it might be dangerous trying to get a diaper on a kitty!! Better wear protective gear!!
post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy
I dunno....it might be dangerous trying to get a diaper on a kitty!! Better wear protective gear!!

LOL i have to do that for baths heheh cant be any more dangerous than that
post #20 of 24
I just want to say I love your new signature! Ares is so handsome!
post #21 of 24
I have never had any luck at all with stud pants ... but your mileage may vary. I tried to get Tonka to wear them, but as soon as they were on, as another poster commented, he fell over onto his side and became instantly "paralysed" from the waist down. He scooted on his side until he got them off and was quite proud of himself for doing so. *grin* I wish you better luck with your plan of a cageless cattery than I had with mine.

~gf~
post #22 of 24
I have to vote for nuts. I'm not sure a cat would like this.
post #23 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtigress
I just want to say I love your new signature! Ares is so handsome!

Thank you
post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gayef
I have never had any luck at all with stud pants ... but your mileage may vary. I tried to get Tonka to wear them, but as soon as they were on, as another poster commented, he fell over onto his side and became instantly "paralysed" from the waist down. He scooted on his side until he got them off and was quite proud of himself for doing so. *grin* I wish you better luck with your plan of a cageless cattery than I had with mine.

~gf~
Thanks Gaye, hehe..poor tonka! hehe well so far hes done well with the "testing" of putting a onsie on him. lol we are getting him used to all sorts of funny things while hes little so maybe he wont hate us
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Care & Grooming
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Care & Grooming › Steve..genius..or nuts?