TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › cedars feet...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

cedars feet...

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
ok I am sure this is not the correct place to put this, but wasnt sure where it should go.

Just curious here...

Cedar has black pads on his feet... every pad on all 4 feet are black, except for one pad. One single solitary pad is pink... is this unusal? or is this very common? I have never noticed it before.
post #2 of 20
I don't know how common it is Dan, I wonder the same thing myself. Chester and Piper both have black and pink paw pads and Nala has a couple of pink pads on her back paws. I think it's so cute!!
post #3 of 20
Dexter & Sadie have pink paws with one little black pad each.
post #4 of 20
One of Carly's characteristics that I love is that she has white feet and all black pads. Just so cute. Most of the other cats I have had usually have pink or a combo.
post #5 of 20
Thread Starter 
well there you go - seems like its quite common. I have never had a kitty with this before, although it has taken me a year to notice it on Cedar
post #6 of 20
It's common and CUTE!

I love it when cats have pink and black on their pads and it makes a design of some sort. Smiley face feet are way too adorable.
post #7 of 20
wow that is cool! I have seen the multicolored pads before on kitties. Our two are cool cause Eb is black and her pads are all black while Lilly is white and her pads are all pink. Now i just need a multicolor kitty and we'll be all set!
post #8 of 20
Aaawww....how cute! Cedar has multicoloured foot pads
Now I'm off to check my kitties feet.....
post #9 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katson7
Now I'm off to check my kitties feet.....


and?
post #10 of 20
I just had to show off Carly's paws (and she cooperated by snoozing).

Here is one of her front paws:

And one of her back paws:


Aren't they just precious?
post #11 of 20
Yes they are! :-)
post #12 of 20
Awwww... sweet paws.
post #13 of 20
I've just had a look at Sophies, and nearly all her pads are pink except for the big pad in the middle of her paws which is brown
post #14 of 20
Well let's assume that cats skin is generally the color of fur that would theoretically be growing out of it. Example: Gibby has all pink Pads, but because of his genetic make up the fur that was meant to grow there would be white. Paige is Tortie and so are her pads (they're so cute, the one brown paw has all slightly yellow pads, whith dark speckles) and Molly who is grey with white socks, has mostly pink toes, with some grey stripes.



I hope that helps
post #15 of 20
Spaz, my tortie, has brown, black, and pink pads, and one white whisker.
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig
I just had to show off Carly's paws (and she cooperated by snoozing).

Aren't they just precious?
awww yes they are!!!

now I am going to have to take a photo of Cedars paws
post #17 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
I've just had a look at Sophies, and nearly all her pads are pink except for the big pad in the middle of her paws which is brown
of course she does - thats cause Sophie is adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecat
Well let's assume that cats skin is generally the color of fur that would theoretically be growing out of it. Example: Gibby has all pink Pads, but because of his genetic make up the fur that was meant to grow there would be white. Paige is Tortie and so are her pads (they're so cute, the one brown paw has all slightly yellow pads, whith dark speckles) and Molly who is grey with white socks, has mostly pink toes, with some grey stripes.



I hope that helps
Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlyn
Spaz, my tortie, has brown, black, and pink pads, and one white whisker.
one white whisker? YAY thats just precious
post #18 of 20
I love pads!
Teddy is gray and white (I need to post pictures...) - with white paws, and gray and pink pads. His back ones are all gray, the front ones are like someone drew a line across them - half gray, half pink.

PJ is a tortico with pink and black pads.
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlecat
Well let's assume that cats skin is generally the color of fur that would theoretically be growing out of it. Example: Gibby has all pink Pads, but because of his genetic make up the fur that was meant to grow there would be white. Paige is Tortie and so are her pads (they're so cute, the one brown paw has all slightly yellow pads, whith dark speckles) and Molly who is grey with white socks, has mostly pink toes, with some grey stripes.



I hope that helps
Cool. I would've thought that if they had white feet, the pads would automatically be pink, dark feet would be black/dark pads. Narsil's pads (the brown classic tabby) are black, or at least dark colored; Mithril's are sort of a brick red. I understand this is supposed to be one of the differences between a blue and a silver. Presumably the silvers have "blue" pads (if I remember correctly.)
post #20 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shambelle
the front ones are like someone drew a line across them - half gray, half pink.
now that is just PRECIOUS!!!!

I went and had another close look at Cedars pads last night and he has one that is 3/4 black and 1/4 pink as well
awwwwwwwwww
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › cedars feet...