TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What would it take...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What would it take...

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
...for you to do something that REALLY grossed you out???

For example, I could NOT eat anything like livers, kidneys, tongue, brains etc etc, but I suppose if someone were to pay me $500 I would do it. No less than $500 though I really would need that incentive!

If someone offered me $10,000 or a trip to Paris I would pick up a spider, but I would have to be blindfolded wearing gloves and it would have to be a spider that would fit on a 5c piece because otherwise I would run away screaming.

What would you never do unless the reward was worth it, and what would the reward have to be??
post #2 of 22
I would never touch a bug with my bare hands

don't think I could ever be paid enough to pick up or touch a centipede

yuck!!!
post #3 of 22
The only thing I wouldn't do (besides hurting another person or an animal) for any amount of money is skydive. I'm afraid of flying and afraid of heights. You can get me into a plane but you can't make me jump out of it!
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
Ha! I would LOVE to skydive!! Confront your fears and all that - I can't even get to the top of a two storey staircase without having a panic attack (lol) but I've always wanted to skydive. I think the rush and the thrill would be amazing. I actually tried to do a fund raising skydive last year but my best friend told me that if I did it and survived she would kill me herself, so I didn't!!
post #5 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeefecl
You can get me into a plane but you can't make me jump out of it!
I agree---unless the plane's going down, why jump out of a perfectly good plane?
(possible proof that we are not the most intelligent lifeforms out there)


For me, give me a thousand dollars, and I'd be willing to kill a small spider barehanded.
I think that I'd have to be offered quite a bit more, like maybe $100,000 to EAT a very, very ,very small bug.
post #6 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysamson
I think that I'd have to be offered quite a bit more, like maybe $100,000 to EAT a very, very ,very small bug.


That is soooo funny! My goodness eating a bug I never even thought of that! I couldn't kill anything on purpose that makes me grief-stricken with remorse for hours (pathetic but true) but EATING a creepy-crawlie? Yeah, maybe I'd do it for a first-class round-the-world ticket involving all 7 continents and LOTS of spending money!!
post #7 of 22
Hmm,
Either I'm very daring or just hard up for money:
I would skydive, eat a bug, kill a spider, or any of those things...probably for about $5000--actually, I'd touch/kill a bug barehanded for like $500. I grew up in FL, so I'm used to big, scary bugs being everywhere!
post #8 of 22
hmm... for a pretty penny i would do anything except eat something that was still alive

though, i would never, for no amount of money, do anything with spiders, silverfish, or moths.... i am deathly afraid of all 3 of those

just them getting to close to me has made me curl up into the fetal position under a blanket and bawl my eyes out
post #9 of 22
If I could get another kitten, I would do anything gross unless it was dangerous for me.
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysamson
why jump out of a perfectly good plane?
Stock answer from nearly any pilot in the Army? Because they don't make 'em like that anymore!!!!!

Let's see, I'm the resident spider-killer, cat-puke cleaner, stinging-insect assassin (even though I'm allergic) and I've had organ meats prepared almost every way from Sunday (haggis w/a wee bit of Glenfiddich is delish!!) BUT I really think it'd have to be a handsome sum to get me to skydive solo - I might be able to do a tandem jump if I trusted the instructor enough, but I don't think I'd ever willingly do it by myself.
post #11 of 22
I stepped on a SLUG last night .... and EWWWWW ... no amount of money in the world would make me eat or touch one of those things again!!! I had slug splatter all over my foot!!!!
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
I couldn't kill anything on purpose that makes me grief-stricken with remorse for hours (pathetic but true)
I'm exactly the same, so it's not just you!!

I'm not really afraid of anything except earwigs, horrid evil little things! Saying that, I would handle one for £50 (cheap date, me!)
post #13 of 22
Evidently none of you go running. I can't tell you how many insects I injested!!
Blending up stuff like on Fear factor-it would have to be $1,000,000!!
post #14 of 22
I'm ok with bugs.. live spiders might get me a little but I think I could manage. Dead blended rats I don't know if I could do. Anything involving water stunts I could not do because I can't swim. But the worst thing for me would be if someone dared me to drink O.J. because it makes me sooooooo sick.. I'm not allergic but it grosses me out bad.
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
Evidently none of you go running. I can't tell you how many insects I injested!!
Blending up stuff like on Fear factor-it would have to be $1,000,000!!
I don't think my throat would even let me swallow the stuff they eat on Fear Factor! Ack
post #16 of 22
For two dollars a bean I would eat those harry potter VOMIT flavored jelly beans. I havent tried one yet because I am too afriad, but the other day I told my mom to give the "sardine, booger, spinach, earwax, vomit" and other nasties I wouldnt eat to her boyfriends horse, and she ate them and liked them. But who knows. O_O The boyfriend said she could give them to the horse btw . Booger is gross cuz its all salty and stuff. Eewww.

I could never eat a live bug. Yuck. I have a low gag/smell tolerance. I could touch it all day long as long as I have a smell mask on. Once I smell it I am gone.
post #17 of 22
You would have to pay me 1 million NZ$ to eat a maggot or touch a maggot!
post #18 of 22
I think I would do just about ANYTHING if it would save somebody I love. But, short of that, there's no amount of money in the world that could make me eat a bug. (EEEEWWWWWW...I'm getting queasy just thinking of it!)

I MIGHT think about touching one for a large sum of cash, though.
post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
It's funny how many of you have said that eating a bug would be the killer for you.

My brother lives in Sydney and he and a couple of his mates came back home for Christmas a couple of years ago. My brother's best friend Kane is sooooooooo gorgeously good looking he is just to die for! I've known him since I was 14 and thought he was delish the whole time. Anyway, while they were waiting for their luggage he and I were chatting and all of a sudden some bug flew straight into my mouth. I made a noise (and a face, I'm sure) like a cat coughing up a hairball and out came the bug, flew straight toward him and hit him SLAP BANG in the chest. God I was SO mortified I almost crawled into the nearest hole and died. Needless to say he laughed until he couldn't breathe and in hindsight it is kinda funny but why did it have to happen with HIM??????

post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!
It's funny how many of you have said that eating a bug would be the killer for you.

My brother lives in Sydney and he and a couple of his mates came back home for Christmas a couple of years ago. My brother's best friend Kane is sooooooooo gorgeously good looking he is just to die for! I've known him since I was 14 and thought he was delish the whole time. Anyway, while they were waiting for their luggage he and I were chatting and all of a sudden some bug flew straight into my mouth. I made a noise (and a face, I'm sure) like a cat coughing up a hairball and out came the bug, flew straight toward him and hit him SLAP BANG in the chest. God I was SO mortified I almost crawled into the nearest hole and died. Needless to say he laughed until he couldn't breathe and in hindsight it is kinda funny but why did it have to happen with HIM??????

Look on the bright side. He did get a good laugh out of it.

How big was the bug?
post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadisticookie
Look on the bright side. He did get a good laugh out of it.

How big was the bug?
Not sure - it felt like it was the size of a marble but I'm sure it was more fly-sized in reality...lol
post #22 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
You would have to pay me 1 million NZ$ to eat a maggot or touch a maggot!
Brings back memories of a absolutely gross incident in my household. My OTB dog Ellie Mae once found something dead and totally gross in the yard. We didn't realize it until she hacked it up in the middle of the living room floor. Yup, complete with living crawling maggots. I'm not sure what I would have done if my husband wasn't home to clean it up. Ellie Mae was "his" dog that day (as in, "she's your dog, you go clean up after her").

I'm OK with most bugs....probably would eat them if you paid me enough, but NEVER maggots!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What would it take...