TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › New in Missouri
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New in Missouri

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
Hi folks!

My name is Todd and for the first 36 years of my life I never had a pet. My wife took in her office manager's cat temporarily while she took a last trip (she had cancer). "Miss Kitty" knew she had to win me over, which she did the first night, so when Debbie's office manager came back and told us she couldn't take care of Miss Kitty any more, we officially brought her into our home.

Miss Kitty was with us for four years until she died while I was out of town. When I came back home, I couldn't stand the lack of a cat's presence, so the next day we went to a no kill shelter and adopted Daphne and two of her kittens (Rachel and Grace). All three cats were black and white in honor of Miss Kitty.

A month ago, we adopted another cat from the same shelter. Her name is Angel and nobody wanted her because she had a clipped ear. She's ours now, but is experiencing some major stress because the other three cats are not thrilled that she's here. See my post in the Cat behavior section.

I'm obsessed with these felines and will always provide a great home for them. Please keep an eye on our posts as we try to make a happy home for our new Angel.

Todd
post #2 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou86
Hi folks!

My name is Todd and for the first 36 years of my life I never had a pet. My wife took in her office manager's cat temporarily while she took a last trip (she had cancer). "Miss Kitty" knew she had to win me over, which she did the first night, so when Debbie's office manager came back and told us she couldn't take care of Miss Kitty any more, we officially brought her into our home.

Miss Kitty was with us for four years until she died while I was out of town. When I came back home, I couldn't stand the lack of a cat's presence, so the next day we went to a no kill shelter and adopted Daphne and two of her kittens (Rachel and Grace). All three cats were black and white in honor of Miss Kitty.

A month ago, we adopted another cat from the same shelter. Her name is Angel and nobody wanted her because she had a clipped ear. She's ours now, but is experiencing some major stress because the other three cats are not thrilled that she's here. See my post in the Cat behavior section.

I'm obsessed with these felines and will always provide a great home for them. Please keep an eye on our posts as we try to make a happy home for our new Angel.

Todd
Welcome Todd..sounds like you have quite a family.

Katie
post #3 of 24
Welcome Todd! Funny how the little 4-leggeds can creep into your heart so quickly. Your family sounds absolutely wonderful!!

I'm also in MO (KC area) and volunteer at a no-kill shelter. Mind sharing what part of the state you live in?
post #4 of 24
Thread Starter 
We live in Festus, about 30 miles south of St. Louis. Worked for four years in Warrensburg, so very familiar with the other side of the state. Plus I graduated from Mizzou so I'm familiar with the middle part too!

Todd
post #5 of 24
Welcome Todd to TCS!
Hello Angel, Daphne, Grace and Rachel!
post #6 of 24
welcome! You sound quite like a kitty lover yourself!
I just moved here to kansas city under a week ago, Im from Lincoln, NE.
post #7 of 24
welcome to you and your fur family! I am donna proudly owned by the incredible trio
post #8 of 24
Welcome Todd!!!!
Cant wait to see pics of your furbabies!!!
post #9 of 24
Welcome to TCS Todd!
post #10 of 24
A warm welcome Todd. Anyone who loves kitties like you do can't be all bad! LOL

Looking forward to posts and pictures from you.
post #11 of 24
Hi Todd! Welcome to TCS! I hope your kitties will start being nice to Angel and make her feel welcome. I'd love to see some pics of all of them!
post #12 of 24
Are you in Southeast Missouri by any chance??? I have 6 pretty kitty cats that need a loving home like yours.....
post #13 of 24
Thread Starter 
Yes...30 miles south of St. Louis. But with the experience we're having with Angel, there's no way we could take on another one! Well, I take that back. My family could move out of the house and the cats could take over...wait...that's already happened. You know what I mean!

Todd
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzou86
Yes...30 miles south of St. Louis. But with the experience we're having with Angel, there's no way we could take on another one! Well, I take that back. My family could move out of the house and the cats could take over...wait...that's already happened. You know what I mean!

Todd

Hahaah.....
Yes I know what you mean. I guess we are pretty close. I am 2 and 1/2 hours South of St. Louis!!

Anyways...... WELCOME!!!!
post #15 of 24
Welcome to TCS!
post #16 of 24
Welcome to TCS
post #17 of 24
Welcome, mizzou86! There's nothing like having four of them!
post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
I'd love to include pictures of my cats but I'm not sure I know how. I've tried to read some of the instructions on the site but I'm clueless. Can I even do this or do I need to have a certain number of posts. I know some sites are like that. The pictures I have are already on my computer and I would need to post them from there.

Todd
post #19 of 24
Welcome!

I can try to help you with posting - You need to sign up for a free account at Photobucket. Feel free to click on my name and send me a private msg and I will see if I can't talk you through it. We love to see pictures!
post #20 of 24
You might try this if you haven't seen read this yet...

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14474
post #21 of 24
Hi Todd!

Welcome to TCS!

You are so wonderful for taking Angel in - she must be so pleased to be in a loving home! I hope you subside her stress soon!

I can't wait to see some pictures!
post #22 of 24
Hi and welcome to TCS!!!!!


See you on the forums!
post #23 of 24
I'm from MO too. Just moved to KC from Warrensburg.....was there about a year. New again to the forums. With the move and new job haven't been here for a while. But am back.
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincocatz
I'm from MO too. Just moved to KC from Warrensburg.....was there about a year. New again to the forums. With the move and new job haven't been here for a while. But am back.
Welcome back to TCS.
Katie
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Cats on the Block
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › New in Missouri