Oy....I picked up Mooch and Noodles tonight. They were acting great...apparently too great. A little bit ago I noticed something red on my table that Noodles had decided to jump on. It was dark and I thought it was from these cough drops I had on there. Well I turned on the light and there was blood all over my house. The new couch, coffe table, some books, carpet etc. I know some people are very against this but I had them declawed since they will be strictly indoor cats. They are on pain meds and I guess she was playing too hard. I called an emergency vet since mine is closed (plus almost an hour away). She said to keep the kittens separated, change thier litter to shredded paper, and try to not medicate her so much so she will feel what she is doing. She said to monitor her bleeding for the next few hours to see if she keeps bleeding. If she is to bring her in and if not just to keep her calm and in the kennel for the next few days. Does anyone have any other suggestions. She said that there are a lot of blood vessels there and that is why so much blood plus they are still very fresh since it was just done yesterday. Right now I have her in a dark room with calm music on so she will calm down. They were falling asleep when my mother came to help but they got wound up when she left and they keep standing up sticking thier paws out the bars and standing on the bars. I'm sorry this is long, I just want to make sure she is ok. Thier surgeries took most of what I have in the bank so I don't want to make an unnecessary trip to an emergency vet. Thanks!
post #1 of 3
6/29/05 at 6:10pm