Oh, I am in a bad mood right now, so I'm glad you started this thread, 'cause I can think of lots at the moment!
- morons who try to shove their way onto the subway the SECOND the doors open without letting the people who are getting off get off first.
See that guy hanging out the window about half way down the train? He's doing that so that in case anyone or anything gets stuck, the train doesn't leave - so no, you are NOT going to be mangled horribly if you wait five seconds to step onto the train, so there is no reason to act like an idiot and work yourself into a frenzy and demand to get on NOW even if it means pushing and shoving and being a jerk.
- people who cannot see to grasp the concept of 'walk left, stand right' on escalators - even though it is posted twice on EVERY freaking escalator, and anyone with half a brain can see that others are walking left and standing right, still, without fail, there is always some braindead idiot standing on the left!
- loud people. If I can hear you through my iPod turned up loud, you are too loud! The whole freaking train/bus/restaurant/store does NOT want or need to hear your entire conversation, complete with shrieking and giggling. Lower your voice or shut up.
- people who let their kids scream in public places without making any attempt to calm the kid, or failing that, to leave so that other people don't have their time ruined by having to listen to shrieking.
- people in retail/sales who speak little to no English and then get an attitude with ME when I can't understand what they're saying, like I'm the one with the problem.
- people who bring enormous jogging strollers onto crowded rush hour buses. Get a freaking umbrella stroller, or better yet, maybe, just maybe, your three year old might actually be old enough to WALK. Crazy idea.
- people with no manners - it seriously blows my mind that there are people so incredibly rude and ignorant that they do not say 'thank you' when you hold the door for them, or 'excuse me' when they push past, etc.
Okay, I could seriosuly go on forever tonight, so I'll shut up now.
Wow, that felt really good!