TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Am I in the wrong to be angry here?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Am I in the wrong to be angry here? - Page 2

post #31 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilleKat
Oh that's awful! What a snooty little sow! You've got every right to be angry with her! If I'd been you, I would have told her in no uncertain terms that manners didn't cost anyone anything People like that make me mad too
I totally agree.. GRRRRR!!!
post #32 of 47
What a snotty little brat!

Sorry you had to deal with that, Cindy.
post #33 of 47
I just have to ask! Is Charlie going to do it or call her and tell her (again) that he is booked up?

I think he should also make it CLEAR to her that you are his partner in the business and if you say he is booked then he is booked.

Seems to me she treated you as though you weren't worth talking to about your husband's schedule.

This lady (and I use this term very loosely) deserves to be treated with the same respect she treated you to - NIL.

If Charlie were my husband and he went ahead and made anything for this woman - he would be sleeping alone for quite some time!
post #34 of 47
Charlie is far better off without a customer like that! I commend you for your restraint. I would've gone into "absolute b***h mode", and told her in a very condescending manner that "We don't do slap-dashed breakfasts, brunches, luncheons, teas, or dinners - after all, we have our pride!" Diplomacy isn't my strong point, so I have to say that you handled that much better than I would've.
post #35 of 47
Thread Starter 
He's promised to call her tomorrow, when shes' "back in town" and tell her again that it cannot be done.....y'all take bets on whether or not he's p*ssed off when he gets done or not,.....my bet is YES! And as far as bookings and reservations go, if we don't have a prior booking, it's not a problem to do a last minute something-or-another for someone.....just have to get the point thru to her that NO means NO~ lol!
post #36 of 47
By the sounds of it, she's probably already p*ssed off any other caterer in town and really, really needs Charlie and probably that is why she wasn't wanting to take NO for an answer. She probably promised the other 7 ladies that she would arrange this breakfast and nobody else will cater for her. She might have to get off her high and mighty horse and made the dang breakfast herself - now wouldn't that be a hoot!

My mom always said you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
post #37 of 47
Actually, you don't need to be very angry. She was rude, but you and your dh have the full control of the situation. No need to get revenge, just knowing she invited 8 friends for brunch and will be feeding them donuts from the grocery store is enough for a good laugh!

I agree with the other posts, a customer like her isn't worth having. It would be nice if he could notify her in writing. Then if she complains to her friends and shows his letter, they will see that he is concientious and won't throw together a slap-dash meal. And that he prioritized the first engagement.
post #38 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
My mom always said you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Oooohhhh, yesssss~ that being the one reason that I tend to be "as sweet as sugar" for as long as I can !
post #39 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
The sad thing is that even if (a BIG if) Charlie decides to go ahead and bust his hump to get her brunch done by 8:00 Saturday morning, she'll probably hate everything. It won't be good enough. And even if it is and she decided to use you later for catering her events...would it be worth it? Is having a horrible client who makes you jump through hoops worth the pay?

Honestly, even if she badmouths you, any NORMAL person will know what type of person she is, and will take it with a huge helping of salt.
Some people just need to be told to take their business elsewhere.
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Sorry, buddy, my home phone line is on the fritz and I didn't get to answer this yesterday morning when I dropped in to work for a few. But the reason I asked? Charlie has told me, more than once, that I get mad over things that I shouldn't.......so he's really gotten me to wondering if I actually do, or if its just not things that HE would get mad over. FWIW, he did when I told him!
Ahhh okay. I was wondering what skewed your perception because it looks like a clear case to the rest of us. -good thing Charlie felt the same way when you told him the story.
post #41 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Ahhh okay. I was wondering what skewed your perception because it looks like a clear case to the rest of us. -good thing Charlie felt the same way when you told him the story.
Lol, you of all people should know that I'm a bit "skewed" to one side of center anyway, my friend!
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Lol, you of all people should know that I'm a bit "skewed" to one side of center anyway, my friend!
Make that two or three sides.
post #43 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Make that two or three sides.
I knew I could count on you!
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe
Make that two or three sides.
post #45 of 47
OK - I'm so nosy - what happened when Charlie called?
post #46 of 47
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
OK - I'm so nosy - what happened when Charlie called?
Lol, Linda! Seems the "lady" called yesterday evening late...and gave him the same "attitude" that she pushed at me.......but still didn't get anywhere with him, lol! As a matter of fact, she got him pretty riled up too...so methinks that she may have a hard time EVER getting him to do anything for her! Oh, and I told him about the discussion here about probably really didn't need her as a customer....and he agreed!
post #47 of 47
Kudos to Charlie. Anybody that ignorant should be ignored!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Am I in the wrong to be angry here?