TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Well Loki is on a Diet...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Well Loki is on a Diet...

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Well its offical we went to the vet today, loki is a 6 on the scale...not fat by any means...but the vet suggested some low cal food for him, or of course making feeding at such and such a time. Well i know we couldnt do that i have tried it and Dutchy just flat out stopped eating...so low cal food it is.

Poor boy, lol. he also gets no wet food unless its low cal.....and hes not so happy about it.
post #2 of 15
We had to put one of the dogs on a low cal food. He hated it and would sneak to the other dogs bowl and grab a huge mouthful and run back to his and dump it in. It was hard to get after him when you are laughing so hard!! Now he keeps steeling the cats food!! Hope your transition with loki goes smoother!!
post #3 of 15
My Peke, the snurfle queen , has been put on low cal. She is NOT a happy camper! And _I_ was not a happy camper when I caught her raiding the cats' litter box ! I've now got a low barrier to the bedroom during the day, and she's leashed to the bed at night. She'll eat the low cal---but only if there's nothing else available. Due to occasional back problems she does not need to carry any extra weight. She really needs to weigh in the neighborhood of 9 lbs but when I last took her in to the vet she weighed over 11 .
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandyke
We had to put one of the dogs on a low cal food. He hated it and would sneak to the other dogs bowl and grab a huge mouthful and run back to his and dump it in. It was hard to get after him when you are laughing so hard!! Now he keeps steeling the cats food!! Hope your transition with loki goes smoother!!

LOL thanks i sure hope it does too....hes a 6 so not to much to worry but we dont want him at a 7..
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHawke
My Peke, the snurfle queen , has been put on low cal. She is NOT a happy camper! And _I_ was not a happy camper when I caught her raiding the cats' litter box ! I've now got a low barrier to the bedroom during the day, and she's leashed to the bed at night. She'll eat the low cal---but only if there's nothing else available. Due to occasional back problems she does not need to carry any extra weight. She really needs to weigh in the neighborhood of 9 lbs but when I last took her in to the vet she weighed over 11 .

Dont you love when they do that stuff?
post #6 of 15
how old are the dogs in ??
post #7 of 15
Well thats Loki joining Rosie and Sophie, because Rosie went for her yearly check up last week and i have to be strict this time with them.

Their not really big either, Rosies 12lb and Sophies 10lb 1oz but i have to get them down to 8lb for the size of their frames.

The vet wrote it in both their health record books that i have to act on it now, so i am because i don't want another lecture when i go next year
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
LOL thanks i sure hope it does too....hes a 6 so not to much to worry but we dont want him at a 7..
Call me blonde (which I am), call me ignorant (most likely) but I have no idea what a 6 is. Can you tell me? I have seen this reference a couple of times.
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
Well thats Loki joining Rosie and Sophie, because Rosie went for her yearly check up last week and i have to be strict this time with them.

Their not really big either, Rosies 12lb and Sophies 10lb 1oz but i have to get them down to 8lb for the size of their frames.

The vet wrote it in both their health record books that i have to act on it now, so i am because i don't want another lecture when i go next year

Aww i am sorry you got a lecture. those are never good. Well I know Loki has been sneaking Kitten food! Thats what has gotten him up on the weight a little bit. mind you hes only about a pound or two over weight, but the vet said to keep an eye on it and nip it in the tushy. So we will. Part of the problem is he has snuck kitten chow, and he doesnt like to play much ..but i finally found a toy loki likes we had a 20 min play session!
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvandyke
Call me blonde (which I am), call me ignorant (most likely) but I have no idea what a 6 is. Can you tell me? I have seen this reference a couple of times.
It has to do with the scale of how your animal should look, there is a scale of 1-10, with 1 being severely thin and 10 severly over weight, 5 is ideal. right now everyone else is a 5 well Jellie isnt but she is nurseing kittens so no diet for her yet. shes about a 6 too.


http://www.placervillevet.com/feline...0condition.htm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
It has to do with the scale of how your animal should look, there is a scale of 1-10, with 1 being severely thin and 10 severly over weight, 5 is ideal.
Thank you
post #12 of 15
Dear Loki
I am unsure how old you are but I do think you know kitten food is not good for doggies.... So I would suggest no kitten food unless you like diet food..
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
lol thanks for the letter to Loki..he is actually a cat but hes been in the kitten food..
post #14 of 15
Loki
I do so aplogize for mixing up which species you are..
post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 
he says its ok says for future refence i am persian

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › Well Loki is on a Diet...