Vita Gravy - when lumps are just NOT tolerated

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally "got it" last week. I kept buying these pouches of yummy goodies for my gang only to end up throwing the left over meat in the bowls away. All they wanted was the gravy/juice. I was spending, on average, $.40 per pouch when all they wanted was the gravy!

I purchased a bottle of Vita Gravy (chicken flavor) and they like it (well, Grace and Mac like it - I don't think Emma's been brave enough to try it yet). They get a small bowl of kibble coated with the Vita Gravy once a day. No one eats it right away, you have to keep the product in the 'fridge, they wait until it comes close to room temperature.

I found a previous thread about this product: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...ght=Vita+Gravy . It didn't seem to go over very well with these folks.

How about you? Have you ever tried it? Do your cats like it?

elizwithcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought it for my cats as they only eat the gravy from nutro pouches, and not the meat. None of my cats would eat Vita. I think Nutro should start making gravy alone, that must be some tasty gravy.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some, but stopped using it. Some knowledgeable people convinced me that I didn't need to supplement my cats' food with even more vitamins, because there's already enough in the super-premium cat foods that I feed them.

iarecrystal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried it, but I have seen similar products around. I am itching to try it with my kitties, but sadly I haven't yet.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CJ eats all the gravy out of his Iams pouches too. So I was thinking I would be one step ahead of him and bought the Vita-gravy. Well he licked it once and tried to bury it. He wouldnt eat anything out of the dish until I washed it. (I didnt put it on anything just a teaspoon worth in his wet food dish.) Then the next nite I mixed it in with his Iams pouch, no luck, buried it too. Then I mixed it with a little dry food. Buried it again. So we decided it was a no go for him. Went home gave it to mom for Tigger, and same story different cat. So the answer from my expirence is they do not in any way like it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine didnt dig it ... also my dog is not a fan...

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by elizwithcat

I bought it for my cats as they only eat the gravy from nutro pouches, and not the meat. None of my cats would eat Vita. I think Nutro should start making gravy alone, that must be some tasty gravy.
You are so onto something there! Both my cats love the gravy from their Nutro Natural Choice pouches. They hardly touch the food itself, that is until they realize there is no more gravy and they are still hungry. I think I will email Nutro with your suggestion. It couldn't hurt

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we havent tried it..can bring myself to buy something so spendy that they most likely will not like lol

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the first thing Juicy goes for when I give him a pouch is the gravy...so, I too bought some of that stuff. For some reason he didn't enjoy it much.

Amie, I still have that whole bottle left...if you want it, you can have it!!! It'll give me an excuse to come by and visit!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wish me luck with mine. I just bought my first bottle yesterday for Stumpy, king of the gravy and Muddy, whom I need to crush up a pill for (they are too large and I'm tired of fighting him every day). I am hoping that at least Muddy loves the stuff.

gargoyle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our cats are also "gravy hounds". They love the Nutro gravy but all 3 turned their noses up at the VitaGravy. Then I tried it with my ferals - they hated too and those cats eat everything I put out.

I'd say save your money. If you're dying to try it, I'll send you my almost-totally full bottle. Seriously.

crazy4cats28

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just bought a bottle of each of the flavors to see if my cats will eat it. Right now Princess is pretty sick and is refusing to eat anything other than the gravy in the can cat food so I thought I would give that a try. She likes the salmon flavor but can't stand the chicken. I don't blame her because the chicken one stinks. Even my ferals and the raccoons that come at night won't go near it.

iarecrystal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I finally tried it. It was expensive and I was really hoping they'd like it. Baby, Little One, and Buddy turned up their noses at it and didn't think twice. But Julie and her kittens loved it. I'm glad it didn't go to waste, it was pretty pricey. The kittens gobbled it up and would probablly like it plain if they could. hah.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loki also only eats the gray from his Science Diet and like everyone else I thought - there is the answer I have been looking for. Yeah right - one sniff and that was it - he didn't even waste his energy trying to burry it!!!!

aileen06

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When Rebby was sick the only way he would eat his food was with the Vita Gravy. I always got it at Petco or Petsmart. Petsmart had it for the best price though. I just saw it there recently.