TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Diablo II Battle Chest
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo II Battle Chest

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Is anyone here into online/computer role playing games?

I'm so excited because, although it's fairly old, I got this game and can't wait to start playing! I'm not a gamer really, just really like RPG's... I have a bit of geek girl in me after all.

Can anyone recommend something similar to Diablo or Diablo II?
post #2 of 22
I've been playing this MMRPG (massive multiplayer role playing game) called Runescape www.runescape.com. They have a free version or you can subscribe for $5/mo. It's really cool as you can interact with other players, fight, sell, trade, etc.
post #3 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespacat
Is anyone here into online/computer role playing games?

I'm so excited because, although it's fairly old, I got this game and can't wait to start playing! I'm not a gamer really, just really like RPG's... I have a bit of geek girl in me after all.

Can anyone recommend something similar to Diablo or Diablo II?

Hey Jenn! Eric loves the Diablo games....he unwinds with games, and he also likes Neverwinter Nights.
post #4 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang72
I've been playing this MMRPG (massive multiplayer role playing game) called Runescape www.runescape.com. They have a free version or you can subscribe for $5/mo. It's really cool as you can interact with other players, fight, sell, trade, etc.
Cool! Sounds very Diablo-esque... you can play the game online too... up to 8 players.

Thanks... I'll check it out.
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashacat421
Hey Jenn! Eric loves the Diablo games....he unwinds with games, and he also likes Neverwinter Nights.
Awesome! Eric has good taste, E. Can't wait to unwind with Diablo II the extended version tonight!
post #6 of 22
I think Sunny played Diablo for a while, although we don't play online games. I'm waiting for Dungeon Siege II to come out. And waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting
post #7 of 22
I currently play World of Warcraft online, having a blast.
Huge fan of all of Blizzard's games.
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
Cindy, that sounds like a good game. I'm not much of a gamer either, but just loved the first Diablo and now am into the second...

Aryln, yeah I downloaded the Diablo II teaser from Blizzard's website, and got hooked just when I got to the end of the trial. I saw Warcraft in the store as well, and have played it before, but I figured between TCS and Diablo II, I would have my hands full for a while.
post #9 of 22
Count Pac-man of Atari? ........
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
Count Pac-man of Atari? ........
Oooh... a classic! I actually still like those old games, Rigel. They're good fun... in small doses.
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespacat
Oooh... a classic! I actually still like those old games, Rigel. They're good fun... in small doses.
YUP! you Bet that!
post #12 of 22
You should download some of the World of Warcraft cinematic trailers, I so love the CGI work their artists do.
Here's a link to them, but only the newer ones will still be available.WoW cinematics
post #13 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespacat
Cindy, that sounds like a good game. I'm not much of a gamer either, but just loved the first Diablo and now am into the second...
Heh, in the original Dungeon Siege after I played it into the ground and wanted to do something new I installed a modded character skin I found online ... Legolas ! The character came with his bow and other Silvan "stuff" but you couldn't use it right off the bat because his dexterity and other stats had to be something ungodly in order to use that bow! It took me forever to get him where he could use it! DH and I play over our networked system. While Arlene keeps us cooped up this weekend we're planning on going to the "Secret Chicken Level." (I kid you not, this is the Easter Egg that's in the game that has giant chickens with like 50,000 hit points and just about invulnerable armor. Lots of good stuff there, though.)
post #14 of 22
Not really. My ex boyfriend loves runescape though...!
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Just taking a break from sinking my teeth into Diablo II... it's so awesome! I have 3D graphics on my widescreen laptop!
post #16 of 22
I'm on Guild Wars! It's really really really fun
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
I'm on Guild Wars! It's really really really fun
Free too isnt it?

(a bit of geek girl here too)
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Never heard of Guild Wars but will keep an eye out... Had soooo much fun last night playing Diablo II that I got my character up to level 10! I'm really tired this morning.
post #19 of 22
Yes, after you purchase the software, Guild Wars is free to play.
I played in beta, and really wanted to play it live, but I had to choose between WoW and Guild Wars.
post #20 of 22
My ex got me hooked on Diablo II. In fact, he and his friend set up a network at work so the three of us could play together. I can remember how addicting it was. Some day I hope to have a fast enough computer system so I can start playing it again.
post #21 of 22
Yeah, like Arlyn said, it's free to play. You should definitely try it out!
post #22 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by okeefecl
My ex got me hooked on Diablo II. In fact, he and his friend set up a network at work so the three of us could play together. I can remember how addicting it was. Some day I hope to have a fast enough computer system so I can start playing it again.
Yeah, I think I might start playing online once I get enough experience. It's totally addictive... I'm already in Lut Golein.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Diablo II Battle Chest