TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The Rush Limbaugh Challenge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Rush Limbaugh Challenge

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
I assert that Rush Limbaugh is the orginal "If you say it with conviction, it doesn't have to be true" spinner.

So I present this challenge to you:Post here any comment,put down etc he says on air about the left, and I will bet you...I can rebut it with ACTUAL FACTS! OK,SO PLEASE POST YOUR RUSH COMMENTS HERE.

I am completely serious. I look forward to your posts.
post #2 of 17
Someone told me they heard him say that some liberals had small weenies.

I don't know what he was talking about, maybe they had been shopping at a discount butcher shop or something, but it sounded like a put down to me.

Leonard
post #3 of 17
But wouldn't this exercise require us to actually LISTEN to him?
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes
But wouldn't this exercise require us to actually LISTEN to him?
well if some people do then please post one of his lies...er...comments please.
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover67
My husband listens to EVERYTHING the man says My reaction is usually: , ,etc.
Can I ask why he listens to him? My gosh they guy is such a liar and amoral. Did you hear how he made the crack about the Iraqi prisoners who soiled themselves when in fear.."Well..don't they do that anyways?" he is so gross, and what is worse is he is the only talk radio the troops are allowed to listen to.
post #6 of 17
My brother and dad used to listen to him for the same reason they watched Springer, they thought he was funny. They joked with me about being a feminazi all the time. I just wish people didn't take him seriously. I often wonder if these people (Rush, Ann Coulter, etc) actually take themselves seriously.
post #7 of 17
I used to be with a guy who absolutely ADORED Rush Limbaugh. He DID listen to this man EVERY SINGLE DAY as GOSPEL!!!!

Then when Rush got busted for being a druggie (wasn't it painkillers or something???) and had to admit he was a total hypocrite, I said, "HAH!"

And the Rush-Worshipper said to me, "well he was just in denial and at least he was man enough to come clean about his drug use....."

...um... yeah riiiiiight...
post #8 of 17
Thread Starter 
Yeah he's such a mean spirited jerk, he called Jerry garcia "Just another dead druggy" and then low and behold..we find out he himself had a drug problem. I don't judge addicts,what i do judge is people who put down others weakness, who say they are better than others...
post #9 of 17
Wake up, gals, and smell the testosterone ! !

Don't you recognize this as a gender oriented thing ? ?

Now, are you just going to rant about the phenomena, or are you going to ask WHY and try to make a sensible decision, based on fact rather than gut hysteria ? ?

Leonard
post #10 of 17
Oh Marge, that's just too easy!! Go to:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...tes.guest.html

Here's a sample:


"If you like Al-Jazeera, you will love the New York Times new terrorist edition even more. They're trying to corner the Al-Jazeera market because every day we've got a section on Abu Ghraib and a section on Gitmo."
post #11 of 17
[quote=darkeyedgirl]
And the Rush-Worshipper said to me, "well he was just in denial and at least he was man enough to come clean about his drug use....."

...um... yeah riiiiiight...[/QUOTE

Yeah right, he fessed up when the Feds were up his probably very soiled undies!

Great idea for a thread Marge, I love making fun of Rush, or as Letterman called him to his face, a big bag of gas!
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
[quote=Mom of Franz]
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl
And the Rush-Worshipper said to me, "well he was just in denial and at least he was man enough to come clean about his drug use....."

...um... yeah riiiiiight...[/QUOTE

Yeah right, he fessed up when the Feds were up his probably very soiled undies!

Great idea for a thread Marge, I love making fun of Rush, or as Letterman called him to his face, a big bag of gas!
I remember that Letterman moment, it was so funny cause he didn't say it accusing him of anything, he just said "do you ever just think maybe your a big bag of gas?"

What gets me is respectable people listen to him, and I mean if he wasn't lying most of the timeI wouldn't mind, but he just has no respect for the truth.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
I remember that Letterman moment, it was so funny cause he didn't say it accusing him of anything, he just said "do you ever just think maybe your a big bag of gas?"

What gets me is respectable people listen to him, and I mean if he wasn't lying most of the timeI wouldn't mind, but he just has no respect for the truth.
Just a silly question, but do you actually listen to him or are you just going on rumor and speculation?

And don't just mark me down as a Ditto-head. I disagree with quite a bit that he has to say, so it isn't some big bias on my part...
post #14 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanhb
Just a silly question, but do you actually listen to him or are you just going on rumor and speculation?

And don't just mark me down as a Ditto-head. I disagree with quite a bit that he has to say, so it isn't some big bias on my part...
It's been a long time but there was a young man where I work whom I liked and respect who *did* listen to him and used to play him for me. And I read the book "the way things should be" or whatever the title is, seriously I did out of couriosity.

Now I only read his quotes and Franken does a Rush sound byte section, that's where I heard the quote about the Iraqi's soiling themselves which as MofFranz said, after that I couldn't even get upset anymore cause it was so stupid and class-free.
post #15 of 17
I haven't listened to Rush for a very long time (8 years???), not so much because of what he says. Some I've agreed, some I've disagreed with. It's how he says things that irritate me. The man is so pompous I just get angry hearing his voice.
You know though, I've heard that it is common for people to listen to people they don't like because he/she makes them angry - for instance Howard Stern. Come to think about it, I guess thats why I watch Judge Judy.
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcat
You know though, I've heard that it is common for people to listen to people they don't like because he/she makes them angry - for instance Howard Stern. Come to think about it, I guess thats why I watch Judge Judy.
You make such a good poing Renee. I watch Judge Judy for the same reason!
I also occasionally listen to this local so-uber-right-it-makes-me-sick local radio guy, Ben Bennett, just to hear what will come out of his mouth next. I guess I like to argue with the radio when I don't have anyone around to argue with in person
post #17 of 17
Amy, that makes sense. Must be why I do it too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › The Rush Limbaugh Challenge