TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Help me pick the name
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me pick the name

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
Ok well we found our boy our future foundation boy, he is a Blue and White Happy Happy...

now I need to choose a name. I have been wrestling with my final two all day so I am creating a poll for a vote cause i like em both!
post #2 of 22
I really like Apollo. How would you pronounce Ares? Like Aries? Or Air-ess?
post #3 of 22
Thread Starter 
Like Aries its just simply the way its spelled for the greek gods both names are greek gods, heh. we have a few gods names running around, Loki, Athena, Isis...I ran out for Lily and Lace..but i like Lily and Lace but theres a few good boy names left hehe
post #4 of 22
I voted for Apollo, I think that's a cool name.
post #5 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl
I voted for Apollo, I think that's a cool name.
thanks for voteing hehe i like em both i am so torn lol hense the vote
post #6 of 22
Ares
post #7 of 22
I need a picture first....cause i like both names!
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy_loves_CJ
I need a picture first....cause i like both names!
Dont have a super good one just yet they will be coming soon..but if you go here..
http://www.freewebs.com/passiquepers...ittenscats.htm

his name is "Shadow" and he looks like his momma hehe...Thanks to Passique Persians for this boy!
post #9 of 22
Hmmmm

It sounds like this little guy is going to be father and ruler over many so personally I would call him Zeus as Zeus is the "foundation" (ruler) of the Greek Gods.

Some additional info...

Zeus (Jupiter) = god of the sky; ruler of Olympus

As the ruler of the Olympian gods, Zeus wielded enormous power and almost absolute authority. He appears in Homer's Iliad in the role of imperious leader, a grandiose father figure to a pantheon of bickering deities. And although he is often portrayed as an omniscient, omnipotent being, even the mighty Zeus could be tricked (or, to put it more gently, distracted). This is indeed the case in the Iliad, in that wonderful scene where he is seduced by his wife Hera and consequently led to ignore the events taking place on the battlefield of Troy.
There are certainly other instances where Zeus is deceived (the incident with Prometheus being but one more good example). These examples only demonstrate that although he was the god who ruled Olympus and its divine denizens, he was subject to the laws of Fate and was not in fact all-powerful. And just as the other deities had their own personal foibles, Zeus too had a weakness - he was passionately fond of female charms. Many stories about Zeus recount his insatiable lust and notorious wandering eye, an eye that fell upon goddess and mortal woman alike.


Apollo (Apollo) = god of the arts (esp. poetry and music), archery, and divination

Ares (Mars) = god of war

Here is the link where I got this info: Greek Gods
post #10 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheKitties
Hmmmm

It sounds like this little guy is going to be father and ruler over many so personally I would call him Zeus as Zeus is the "foundation" (ruler) of the Greek Gods.

Some additional info...

Zeus (Jupiter) = god of the sky; ruler of Olympus

As the ruler of the Olympian gods, Zeus wielded enormous power and almost absolute authority. He appears in Homer's Iliad in the role of imperious leader, a grandiose father figure to a pantheon of bickering deities. And although he is often portrayed as an omniscient, omnipotent being, even the mighty Zeus could be tricked (or, to put it more gently, distracted). This is indeed the case in the Iliad, in that wonderful scene where he is seduced by his wife Hera and consequently led to ignore the events taking place on the battlefield of Troy.
There are certainly other instances where Zeus is deceived (the incident with Prometheus being but one more good example). These examples only demonstrate that although he was the god who ruled Olympus and its divine denizens, he was subject to the laws of Fate and was not in fact all-powerful. And just as the other deities had their own personal foibles, Zeus too had a weakness - he was passionately fond of female charms. Many stories about Zeus recount his insatiable lust and notorious wandering eye, an eye that fell upon goddess and mortal woman alike.


Apollo (Apollo) = god of the arts (esp. poetry and music), archery, and divination

Ares (Mars) = god of war

Here is the link where I got this info: Greek Gods

Thank you for the info i have an large library of books with all the gods, from Greek to celtic i thought about Zeus for the ruler quality but i am just not fond of the name, and Zeus although king, was also very coniving, and...well cheated on his wife alot, lol.

I like Apollo for the sun god.

But i do like Ares for the strength fiqure and...we have an Athena...so it would be fitting to have both war gods in the house
post #11 of 22
Both war gods under one roof? isnt that asking for trouble? I think he looks like an apollo. But to me I would have to wait to bring him home. Cj didnt have a name for 2 days. If he is a talker apollo would be fun (kitty poetry anyone?) or if he is a brave little explorer, picking play fights with other kitties, ares would be better.... so, I still dont know! I am no help! He is pretty though.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy_loves_CJ
Both war gods under one roof? isnt that asking for trouble? I think he looks like an apollo. But to me I would have to wait to bring him home. Cj didnt have a name for 2 days. If he is a talker apollo would be fun (kitty poetry anyone?) or if he is a brave little explorer, picking play fights with other kitties, ares would be better.... so, I still dont know! I am no help! He is pretty though.

LOL yes i suppose it is..but you know I did name a cat Loki..LOL...sooo that tells you i am up for trouble sometimes i can wait til they come home..but i also belive that kitties grow into their names, Loki is the biggest mischief maker in the house, LOL


Lol i am still torn if it makes you feel better but i am leaning to Ares...course one of his first sons could be apollo
post #13 of 22
Apollo
post #14 of 22
i think apollo is sweet
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
...But i do like Ares for the strength fiqure and...we have an Athena...so it would be fitting to have both war gods in the house
Well, there you are then! I think Athena and Ares would be just fine.

I voted Ares BTW and tied it up. We're not being much help are we ?
post #16 of 22
uh oh, I just tied the score up!!!

If the other's name is Athena, it sounds more fitting for the new guy's name to be Ares...it sounds really good together!
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
man you guys LOL..its ok I think i have chosen Ares Athena is our basset hound...but it will still be in the house hhehe
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal
Ares
......
post #19 of 22
yay!!!
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
hehehe yes its offical...Ares is his new name
post #21 of 22
My 2 cents for Apollo! I think that one fits him the best! ))))
post #22 of 22
i like Apollo best

both are lovely names though!


love,

felicia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Help me pick the name