Most unusual Kitty names?

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's the weirdest, oddest, most unusual kitty name you've ever used or that you've ever come across?

For us, it's got to be the cat that lived to be over 21 (indoor/outdoor, grocery store food ... sometimes it works
)

Wooley Booger

My sister named him (I was only about 8 or 9 at the time,) and I really have no idea where she got the name from! I've run across other "Boogers" (I believe there's some on TCS) but never a Wooley one.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My childhood best friend had a cat named "Toast".

She just wanted an unusual name and I think her mum was making toast at the time.

It didn't seem weird after so many years..

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a kitty named Poptart

we had a cat come inot the rescue named SuperCat... and another named WonTon.. there are more I just ca't remember them

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was two, my family went to the pound to get me a puppy, instead, we were chosen by a 6 month old Siamese kitten.
Since this was my 'puppy' I was allowed to named her.

Never let a 2 year old name a pet, you'll be lucky if you can pronounce it, let alone spell it.
Her name was Kanarrus

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my brother was 5 (3 years before I was born) my mom took him to the humane society to pick out a kitten. Since he got to pick it out, he also got to name it. Well, he thought it looked like a flower he used to see a lot when they were living up north and so he named her after it. However, the resulting name came at the price of snickers from immature teenagers when we both went through that age. Her name was Pussywillow. I always told kids to grow up and get a life when they'd think it was funny. It's a flower people, come on!!!! But, Pussywillow lived to be 22 so she had a long and happy life. I'd say that's a fairly unusual name.

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family has a history of weird names for their pets.

My first cat (well, she actually belonged to my mom) was Terazar.
My second family of cats were Shalimar,Hoboken and Nashville. Nash ran away, Hobo went with my roommate when we moved into seperate apartments.
Now I have Frantic and Pipsqueek. These 2 named themselves.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a friend who's cat's name is Smudge. He says he looks like a grease smudge (which I take offense to...he looks just like Tailer).

catherine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How about a cat named GOOSE?

My then 3 yr old son named him after my husband rescued the 4 week old kitten from a gas station. He had asked what his name was and I told him that he didn't have a name and we weren't going to name him because we were going to find him a nice home. So he thought about it for a min. and came out with "His name is Goose, now we have to keep him."

Goose has been the best cat that I've ever had! He's soooooooooo affectionate, sometimes, it drives me crazy though! It's almost as if he's appreciative that he was resuced.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
How about "Redriver", pronounced "red river"? I found it such an unusual name for a German cat that I asked why they named the cat that. The answer was that the family had planned on getting a "Golden Redriver", but then opted for a shelter kitten. I didn't have the heart to tell them the spelling and pronunciation were wrong. "Retriever" would have been just as unusual.
We took in a stray years ago, whom I named "Mitzi". She had to be rehomed due to her attacking our dog, and our neighbor renamed her "Putzi" ("putzen" = to clean in German). The cat is ancient now, but everybody still laughs when Mrs. R. starts calling, "Putzi", "Putzi"!
We used to have a "Pussywillow", too, katspixiedust. I named her after a childhood neighbor's cat, also "Pussywillow".

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Quki, pronounced Kooky was my husbands idea. When she showed up on our property she had a collar on with a tag that said only QUeen KItty. So in his supreme brilliance he came up with a name using the first two letters of the tag name.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex-boyfriend's little sister got two precious little tuxedo kittens and named them....Ghetto and Cocaine
. But I had another friend who got a tuxedo kitten and he named him Cow. I actually thought that one was odd, but in a cute way
Cow would come running whenever someone would say "Mooooooooo!"

I THOUGHT Eponine and Cosette were rather unusual pet names- until I was at my vet's one day with Cosette and found out that there was a puppy there at the same time with the same name!!!!