Analyzing Dreams

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everybody!!!

I wanted to post a new thread since my analyzing of dreams have become so popular!
Please feel free to post them, and I will answer as quickly as I can!

Thanks!!

globalspot28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a dream once that I was digging the ground on a dirt road, somewhere in Nevada. After about 2 feet or so, I placed a small box inside of it. Then I jumped on the box to flatten it, and all of a sudden I was in my living room watching a sitcom (Three's company). I look over and the box is sitting right in front of me. Then the alarm rang. Any ideas?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by globalspot28

I had a dream once that I was digging the ground on a dirt road, somewhere in Nevada. After about 2 feet or so, I placed a small box inside of it. Then I jumped on the box to flatten it, and all of a sudden I was in my living room watching a sitcom (Three's company). I look over and the box is sitting right in front of me. Then the alarm rang. Any ideas?
Good Afternoon!! I have lots of ideas!
I pulled out 5 major themes from your dream: digging, dirt road, burying, living room, and watching television.
Digging depicts delving into hidden or buried areas of one's self. It can also represent the work we do by renovating attitudes, personality structure or habits. It is also a form of searching.
Roads depict one's prevailing direction or approach to life, and in your case, the unpaved road suggests that you are going off the beaten track.
Burying in dreams is letting us know that we need to let go of the past as we know it and maybe be opening the way to a meeting with what we have gained from it-when burying appears in dreams, ask yourself if theres an issue thats been bothering you. Is this issue dead to you? Do you need to bury it and move on?
The living room of a house in dreams is identical to personal leisure, "space" to be yourself, everyday, no matter what.
Watching television is watching your own activity, values and politics.
If we take all of these themes and mix them up in a dream, we would find the answer. You are at a point in your life, where you feel like you have left behind where you wanted to go. Or maybe you are doing your own thing, and no one else approves. The digging represents that maybe you are looking to hide or repress an experience that was painful or you dont want to meet. (Did something happen that you feel has changed the course of your life?) The box is whatever you are trying to hide, and the burying of it is you trying to let it go. But, you find yourself in your living room, where you can be completely honest with yourself, watching television which means you are watching your own activities, values or politics. And theres the box. The secret you tried to bury. The issue that needs to be left behind, faced, and then so you can move on with your life.
Is there an issue that you feel has altered the course of your life? Is there an issue waiting to come out that can change your life?
Think about all of these questions in conjunction with your dream and the meaning of the themes, and see what you can come up with.
Let me know how it goes.......

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So this morning I was dreaming I was at an antique sale with several vendors. One vendors booth I was at I was opening dresser drawers and found of drawer full of pretty boxes. I opened some of them and they contained really funky watches. I found a couple that I liked however there were no prices on the watch boxes. In fact there were no prices on anything in the booth. The vendor wasn't even there. I asked a couple of the nearby vendors where the owner of this booth was and they stated they had never seen anyone. I wanted one of the watches really bad and I took it and left a written note to contact me about the watch.
I can't say I've had a dream like this before. What does it mean?????????

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I already posted this but I will post it here for you

That was weird! I dreamed that I went to school and it was not your normal school and we had a giant there. And the giant got upset and jumped in the ocean and caused a tsunami.

Then Jake (my hubby) had to go to his school for an exam - which he is doing right now anyway - and i was sitting in another room waiting for him while he was doing his exam. Then he had another one and I waited in the hall. I noticed I had school stuff with me and so I looked and discovered that I had to be at school to do an exam in 30 minutes! Whoa! And I am sitting there waiting for Jake to finish his exam. Then people started panicking and I could not figure out why and then I learned that it was a fire alarm - oh just a drill, I thought. (I am on the 2nd floor as this is happening) A boy was blocking the door to get out and he laughed and then led us towards the window where a makeshift slide was - like the kind they use for plane crashes - and he got excited and we all slid down it. I waited for Jake - he and I were paging each other and then I looked up and there indeed was a fire on the third floor - and so I had to tell Jake it was no drill, and to please come out.

I looked to my right and saw a volcano erupting. Not lava, just white smoke. Then I woke up.

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perfect! I have had the same dream about 4 times in the past year and had it again last Friday
And I never remember dreams, but this one is as clear as if it actually happened. Sorry it is kind of long

I am walking down the hallway to my aparment door. But it isn't my actual door, it is painted like a rainbow. I think it is odd but the number is right and my key works so I open the door.
When I walk into the entry and then kitchen I see Baker, Tango and Cola. I have a very strange feeling (I can't say what it is because I have never felt it outside of this dream) but I ignore it.
I walk back to the door to lock it but it is already locked and I know I didn't lock it.
When I come back into the kitchen I hear a baby crying in my bedroom so I go to get it (I don't have a baby, or any kids) The bedroom is completely black. The sun is shining but seems to stop at the window. No baby. The "feeling" is so strong and I want to cry. I need to get ready for something that feels really important but I have no idea what it is and go to check the weather on TV before I get ready.
When I come to the living room Baker, Cola and Tango have multiplied. There are 13 of each. Lined up perfectly. The Bakers are sitting on top of the couch, Colas are on the couch and Tangos are on the floor. As I look at them I see Bear (my RB guy that lived to 17 and was born at the same time as me) but he seems to be in front of them and behind them all at the same time (
)
The phone rings and it comes from all directions and I start to cry. Then over the phone ringing I hear Bear. I can hear his purr, his special meow, and I KNOW somehow that he is telling me not to answer the phone. I tell him that I have to and he says "No, you don't want to hear what she has to say" I ask him who is she? He says "Just leave it. Come sleep. We have missed you"

Then I wake up crying each time and can't shake that "feeling" but I have no idea what it is.
Am I losing my mind finally?

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I constantly dream that my Aunt, who died back in 1983, came back to life. She was like a mother to me and I was devastated when she died.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all! Thanks for your responses! Here are your dream analysis!

Gail: Your dream really seems to focus on the antique sales, the dresser and the watches that really catch your eye. Antiques represent past or outworn ways of life, the different lives we have lived. The dresser is an attitude or habit developed from family or home life-hidden memories and emotions. Watches represent restrictions we place upon ourselves, our sense of duty and timing. I think what your dream is trying to tell you is that some duty or your timing is restricting your way of life, how you want to live. Is there something going on that you feel is holding you back? Think about this in the context of the dream. It could be something so major or something very tiny.....let me know.

Kelley: Hmm...did I miss this dream somewhere along the other thread??? If so...sorry.
Gosh, your dreams are always so involved with so many different themes, it makes me believe you have a wild imagination!!! Ok, the basic themes in this dream are: school, giant, ocean, tsunami, exams, fire, volcano and smoke. School is the learning process, usually of interrelationships. You start school, you meet new people, many different relationships occur. It is also a sign of a time to learn a lesson or to educate yourself. The giant represents childhood feelings of grown ups...sometimes the frightening side of parents. The ocean is life giving energy..emotional depths...lots of opportunity. The tsunami is a flood of emotions...they could be positive or they could be negative. An exam is self criticism, habits of concern over accomplishments, your self value. Being late for an exam is a feeling of being afraid of missing an opportunity or a feeling of being unprepared for what lies ahead. Fire is passion, anger, your vital energy. Volcanos represent long held emotions or hurts. These could be positive emotions, but for the most part, they arent. The smoke indicates an intuition of danger or anxiety...or smoldering passions and emotions. I think this dream is telling you that maybe something that you arent prepared for is about to happen, or possibly is happening, and you need to pay attention to it, learn the lesson behind it. Emotion is big in this dream...the common theme being passions...whether its hate or love, I dont know. Is there trouble in a relationship of yours...be it friendship or otherwise? It could even be a business relation. Think about that...and let me know. More information may be able to clear it up a little more.

Ashley, Hello! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to analyze your dream! Dont worry about the long explanation. The more info you give me, the better chance I have at drilling down to the true meaning! When you have this dream...does is precede a negative happening?
The themes I can pick out of your dream are: hallway, door, rainbow painted, baby crying, phone ringing, Bear speaking to you (who I assume has passed?) Not answering the phone.
The hallway in your dream represents the way one meets other people or allows them into life ot intimacy. The door is your beginning to discover a new feeling state, your public self, your confidence. The rainbow paint is telling you there is a sense of better things to come, and awareness of the beauty and value of life in the midst of life's difficulties. The baby crying is representing your own feelings that are starting to develop...thats why its a baby. The phone is your desire or attempt to communicate, an attempt to make contact with ones self. The fact that you dont answer it is avoiding contact or communication or that someone is trying to get through to you. Bear reappearing in your dream is a warning of unseen dangers. I think that this dream is your confidence boost. Life gets rough (Has it been rough/hard/frustrating lately?) and this dream tries to help you realize, HEY ASHLEY!!! lay down, calm down, take a load off. Rest. The world misses you. Baker and Cola are trying to tell you this also. Is this somewhat true? Has there been a lot of emotion churning up that maybe you dont want to face? Think about this and let me know!

Leah, how are you?? Your dream is a pretty common. Anytime someone close to us dies we have dreams like this. Sometimes, its used to help us deal with grief. When someone dead reappears alive in dreams is an expressive attempt to deal with feelings, guilt or anger in connection with the person who died. I think it is also her way of letting you know, no matter what, she is always there. I read in quite a few dream books, that a person who has died can contact family who is still living through their dreams. I think she just wants you to know that she is still there...even if it is only in your dreams.

I hope this helped all that inquired. If theres anymore, please feel free to post them.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow how appropriate!! My office is closing on September 30th and I am looking forward to getting out of this boring job and doing something I really want to do (like gardening or craft stuff !!) We are counting down the days at work too!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Diane - this is a very old dream but it sticks with me. I only had this dream once and it was the first time I can remember waking from a dream and feeling frightened and not wanting to go back to sleep.

We were in the process of moving house - the move did not go ahead in the end. This was real. The house was a new build.

In the dream we drove by the house one night? I think it was. We stopped the car at the side of the road and the house was a brick shell, with the roof on and windows in. The front garden was still mud. This was the stage the house had gotten to in real life. The windows were very dark, there was no reflection from the glass, they were totally black. They seemed and felt ominous. In the front garden stood a man in a long flowing robe. Everything about him was dark - various shades of grey. I believe his robe had a hood that was over his head. The sleeves only came to just below his elbow. He was standing in the garden looking straight at me, we were sitting in the car, and he was peeling the skin from his arms. As a woman would remove long gloves (those that come up to the elbow) he was removing the skin from his arms like that - watching me the whole time. Then I woke up. I felt very frightened and didn't want to go back to sleep.

Sorry it's a bit grisly.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep on dreaming of my mother in a white hospital and she is in a hospital bed. She just looks sad and she wont talk. i really want to know what this means.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Diane - yeah, I do have that big move coming in less than 14 weeks and I am so not prepared!

Last night I dreamed that someone told me to kill a horse and cut it up into portions for meat, and since I love horses, I refused and they had to do it themselves. Then I went to the fridge and found horses legs in the freezer and I got really upset. That is one dream I didnt like!

And yes, you got it - I do have a wild imagination, it is always running overtime and I dont think it ever settles.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about a dream where my best friend and myself are in a place where they are doing a pie tasting? We are going around to different tables and trying pies like Grasshopper pipe, mint chocolate chip, and there was another green one that was minty but I can't remember the name of it. I don't remember much else except that when the alarm went off, I felt very full and for some reason pretty happy. Any ideas??

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay, I would really love these dreams analysed -

Some of you know my friend died back in January and I am having a hard time getting over it as the circumstances are suspicious - even the police are still investigating.

Anyway, I would like to know...

Dream 1 - I dreamed I was visiting Rick and Jake was parking the car and I said hello to him and he said he was so happy to see me and kiss me on the lips, a very tender, loving kiss. I woke up and felt guilty for kissing another man.

Dream 2 - I dreamed that I was at some place and I saw Rick there and I was the only one who could see him - there were a lot of people there - and I went up to him and asked if it really was him or a twin brother (he doesnt have any brothers) and he nodded - he seemed not to be able to talk - and I asked him if I could touch him and he nodded and so I put my hand on his cheek and stroked it with my thumb.

Dream 3 (this was last night) I dreamed I went to a diner with Rick, his ex girlfriend that I like, and Jake. We were eating and I was surprised to see him and he kept hugging me and wanting to sit with me, and I said I thought he had died but he said that he was being kept alive for a little while so that he could finish off his final affairs, or whatever it is, but his real end is coming soon and he had to do as much as he could. He had rented all these dvds and he wanted to watch them with us and that was fine. He would not leave my side, wanted to sit next to me. Us four ate together and then when we went to pay the bill, the man tried to steal our credit card and so we confronted him about it, and we got it back and got a free meal. Then some bad guys turned up and threatened Rick and it took all we had to protect him. By that time, he was getting weaker and weaker and we didnt want to let him go just yet and he didnt want to die just yet and a Russian man volunteered to give him his marijuana (Rick hated drugs) as they would help prolong his life and so we accepted it and gave it to Rick and he got better and he would not leave me alone even when his ex said that they were going to try for a baby before he died so that she would have something of his. After this, the dream gets vague, but the main recurring theme in it is that he wouldn't leave me alone.

Yes I do miss him and so do his friends here.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!! Thanks for posting your dreams. I am in the process on working on them now, and I soon as I get them done, I will post them up on here.

Kellye, I remembered you had the big move coming in 14 weeks. Make sure you are prepared!

Fwan, I thought I did analyze a similar dream for you on the other thread about ever dream weird things? If you did not see it, check there, but I will also analyze this one.

And to everyone else, thanks again, I will be posting my responses soon.

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, all! Unfortunately, I have been sick the last few days, and I have been sleeping most of the time.
But, I am working on analyzing your dreams, and as soon as I get them done, I will post them here. I just didnt want you guys to think that I forgot about you, because I certainly didnt.

Thanks!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last night I dreamt I was trying to get out of the house - away from various members of my family, who had all been turned into some sort of zombie like state or a mutant of some sort by something. There was a really giant spider who shot two silver daggers into my little brother's chest. My mother (who wasn't a zombie-thing) told me that she could stall them long enough for me to escape the house, but then after that the rest was up to me. I escaped the house but I was chased - it was like running with lead for legs - and I got into a taxi to another village - but the person I'd been waiting with let slip where I was going to these monsters. The taxi drove on a railway line at some point....

I remember lots about trying to get away from my zombie-type family, and trying to find a way to get them back, but it's the chasing and running that really sticks in my mind most.

there's no rush for this one... I just thougt I'd post it while it was fresh in my mind - so take your time - I hope you're feeling better soon!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by diane8704

Hi, all! Unfortunately, I have been sick the last few days, and I have been sleeping most of the time.
But, I am working on analyzing your dreams, and as soon as I get them done, I will post them here. I just didnt want you guys to think that I forgot about you, because I certainly didnt.

Thanks!
Yikes! I hope you are feeling okay very soon!