TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › It started so innocently ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

It started so innocently ...

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hi, all. My husband and I have nine cats ... but I can explain.

About four years ago, we were visiting his aunt and uncle. They were trying to get rid of some of their cats because they'd just discovered that he (uncle) was allergic. So we took Ace, who at that time was an indoor/outdoor cat, but upon moving in with us became strictly an indoor cat. Fast forward a few years ... Ace loved us (and was a lot more, er, well-nourished) but was neurotic. He cried whenever he thought we were gone. Really, really cried. And cleaned himself psychotically.

So I went online to find a companion for him, since we'd recently moved from an apartment to a house. I found this cute little female ball of calico fluff, three months old. We went to check her out at an animal shelter (overflow, actually, into a vet's office), and while we were there, this gangly little two-month-old black and silver male tabby that they brought in to sort of keep her company is doing the spastic kitten play thing so adorably that he stole our hearts. And that's how we ended up with Pepsi, who was captured as a feral kitten, and Skittles, who was found at the side of the road by his mother's body when he was only a few weeks old.

Then a few months ago, my husband's little sis Amanda (19) had an argument with her dad and found herself temporarily homeless. We took her in. She brought her little black kitten Ozzy, whom she had rescued from the side of the road, with her. Amanda left, but Ozzy stayed, so we got him neutered (at about six or seven months), but not fast enough, so as of yesterday, and until we can find them good homes, we have five little kittens.
post #2 of 15
Hi, and welcome to TCS !! I think you'll like it here, and like you, with so many of us, it DID start innocently......I have 8 myself....whoops, no just 7 now!
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Hi, and welcome to TCS !! I think you'll like it here, and like you, with so many of us, it DID start innocently......I have 8 myself....whoops, no just 7 now!
:bump:...
Welcome to TCS!!!!!!!
Any pic of your "Base ball" Team? .. ...

Have a nicely day!
post #4 of 15
Welcome! I "only" have 4 fur babies, but 11 feathered ones - so if it makes you feel any better - I have more than you.

Who is the momma cat?
post #5 of 15
Welcome to the site! I'm glad you found us here.
post #6 of 15
Hi welcome to the site.
post #7 of 15
4 cats and 5 babies, what a house of love.
I have one now (as I live in an apartment) but growing up we had 6 cats at one point, LOL.
post #8 of 15
Welcome!
post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon
Welcome! I "only" have 4 fur babies, but 11 feathered ones - so if it makes you feel any better - I have more than you.
A little, but then I'm not counting the stray that has adopted us. Or all the fish ...

Quote:
Who is the momma cat?
Pepsi. Or Fluffybutt, as we like to call her.
post #10 of 15
Welcome to TCS!
post #11 of 15
Hi, Sierra and I welcome you and your family to TCS! So glad you've joined us and look forward to getting to know you better! I would be so happy to help you in any way as you learn your way around the site. Please, simply click on my user name and send me a Private Message!

post #12 of 15
Hello and welcome!!!
I have 8 kitties myself, but most of them were drop-offs!

post #13 of 15
Welcome to the site. Sounds like you are definitely a soft touch!
post #14 of 15
Welcome! Yes, it starts innocently enough. I don't even want to tell people now how many cats we have, and more than half of them are rescues that can be adopted!!!
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by evnshawn
Hi, all. My husband and I have nine cats ... but I can explain.

About four years ago, we were visiting his aunt and uncle. They were trying to get rid of some of their cats because they'd just discovered that he (uncle) was allergic. So we took Ace, who at that time was an indoor/outdoor cat, but upon moving in with us became strictly an indoor cat. Fast forward a few years ... Ace loved us (and was a lot more, er, well-nourished) but was neurotic. He cried whenever he thought we were gone. Really, really cried. And cleaned himself psychotically.

So I went online to find a companion for him, since we'd recently moved from an apartment to a house. I found this cute little female ball of calico fluff, three months old. We went to check her out at an animal shelter (overflow, actually, into a vet's office), and while we were there, this gangly little two-month-old black and silver male tabby that they brought in to sort of keep her company is doing the spastic kitten play thing so adorably that he stole our hearts. And that's how we ended up with Pepsi, who was captured as a feral kitten, and Skittles, who was found at the side of the road by his mother's body when he was only a few weeks old.

Then a few months ago, my husband's little sis Amanda (19) had an argument with her dad and found herself temporarily homeless. We took her in. She brought her little black kitten Ozzy, whom she had rescued from the side of the road, with her. Amanda left, but Ozzy stayed, so we got him neutered (at about six or seven months), but not fast enough, so as of yesterday, and until we can find them good homes, we have five little kittens.
Oh wow!!!
How lucky you are to have 9 kittys to share your home with!!!
I wish I could have 9 kittys. I only have 2. Lilo that is 13 months old and Garfield 10 weeks old.
Oh wait ... I forgot to mention LILO is expecting any day now!!

So I could end up with 9 after all!!
Well lets hope not for LILOs sake anyways!!!
Anyways, however many I end up with ... the stories on how I got them all will never be as good as yours.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New Cats on the Block
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › New Cats on the Block › It started so innocently ...