I'm trapping again Wednesday night, wish me luck. I have been trying to get this female for a long time and she is so smart! I feel so sorry for her. She is pregnant. I have tried and tried to get her before she became pregnant and managed to get a few other ones done when I couldnt get her specifically. I am having a hard time with the dilemma of getting her spayed now, (if I can get her) or letting her have the kittens and then the whole thing starting again. I thought I was down to one female left in my colony, and then up comes another one, I will have to get her done too. The mom kitty is coming up closer to me now, she is soo very hungry and maybe I can get her this time. The last female I trapped was pregnant and positive for Leukemia and Aids and she was put down. She lived in a different area from the female I am trying to get now so hopefully this wont be the case for this one. I really dont want this to be the case for this one but I just feel like if I dont do it, it just adds to the problem and if I do I'm killing kittens. Its something I have thought about for a week now, trying to decide what to do. I dont want to ignore this and look the other way but I still feel so bad. I felt so shocked and awful about the last female I caught, having had her put down, but the vet said it would be the best thing since she was positive for both. I guess its just getting to me somewhat and I dont want to make a decision like this but I have to. Its just hard. Anyway, just please wish us some good luck and hopefully we will get through it fine.
post #1 of 17
5/2/05 at 10:44am