1. Your home.
I bought my childhood home in September 2003. My parents bought it in 1977 when I was only 5, when we relocated here from Grosse Pointe, MI. When I bought it 9/03, it still had the original flooring (Brady Bunch), orange/yellow/green/brown colors, doorknobs broken off, lights not working... you name it. Anyways it's been updated and I'm currently re-landscaping my front yard. Thankfully I have VERY NICE neighbors who love to garden because I am clueless. So far so good; I love my home because it is a part of my past and a part of who I am.
2. Where you live. I live in Florence, KY, the south side of Cincinnati as it's called? Florence is huge. If anyone's ever driven I-75 South or North, you've passed by the water tower that we're famous for: it says "Florence Y'all". Cincinnati itself is an awesome city no matter what naysayers may say. Fun to party in, nice to live in & work in, and a beauty of a view from the KY side!
3. Your job. I have been at my job for 4 yrs. I support the entire sales force of my company for the USA. I also work a side job (under the table) for an Irish singing group here in Cincinnati, which has been more 'fun' than 'work' because I get to socialize at really cool events!! Like black tie things, festivals, fundraisers, etc.
4. Your family, siblings, children, parents, etc..... my family... I see my mom & dad just about every day, after they moved from my house here, they bought a condo. Dad stops by just about every weekend now. He and I have grown a lot closer cuz he's bored now that he's retired, so he helps me with my yard. Momma watches my daughter after work. And my daughter, well she's the single most important person to me, the only human on this earth I would die for in a heartbeat. Other children include 6 very spoiled, loved, and pampered felines who y'all prolly know alot about by now!
5. Your favorite television show. Um... the Weather Channel? I don't watch TV unless it's to check the Radar (I love watching storms move in!!!) or the news to see what's going wrong on Earth.
6. Your kits favorite food. My kitties will roll over, cry, meow & scream for fish. I fix tilapia or orange roughy every now and then... like once a week? I made some last night and whenever I do, I always make my kits a filet. I divide it up. Last night they were just about climbing the walls as the fish was baking! Oh and when I make Tuna Helper for me & my kid, they get the juice from the can, they hear that can opener and COME RUNNING.
7. Your best friend. I'd have to say, Myself. I can't let me down & I'm always there for me. My mom is a close second, even though her health is failing horribly and my daughter is third, as choice for best friend. Then there is of course my cats who can find no faults in me & listen to everything!
8. Growing up, where, etc. Born in Grosse Pointe, MI, grew up here in Florence, KY in this house. My daughter goes to the same school I did. She has my old bedroom. I get a load of memories every single day leaving and coming home to my childhood home! My childhood wasn't perfect (whose was) but it was good enough to land me where I am.
9. you hair......color, length, style... It's down to my waist now. I had "layers" put in it a few weeks ago and they thinned it out for me cuz it was too thick. It is naturally curly, spiral curls? I love my hair, it actually goes from being medium auburn in the winter to a very pretty strawberry blonde. I've been outside so much already this year (!!!) working in my front yard, it's already strawberry blonde. Style? None, man. I don't follow style for one thing. I wear it either down & flowing, OR up in braids (Princess Leia style). Or when I just don't care I put on my baseball cap & pull it through the opening in the back.
10. your favorite vacation destination. Well I'd have to say Gatlinburg Tennesee. It's only 4 hours drive from here and the pancakes rule. Plus there's the lovely mountains, where I could live and die.
11. peice of clothing.... a red tank top from Victoria's Secret which fits very nicely and altho it's covered in paint and has been worn during 'the rehab of the house', it still looks mighty fine. I wear it while working in the yard, sleeping, relaxing, everything!
12. your favorite breed of kitty. HOMELESS BREEDS!!!!! Stray breeds? Unwanted Breeds? Given Away Cuz The Other Person Was Stupid Breeds? Any breed. Well I could pick Maine Coons cuz Snickers definitely has SOME Maine Coon in him (personality, fur, stance) and Snickers is my favorite of all my kitties.
13. your jewelry that you wear. Ankle bracelets, toe rings, and bracelets. Necklaces sometimes & earrings only when I wear my hair up in a braided bun or something.
14. your first date. I don't remember? Probably was with a group cuz my parents didn't let me go near anyone til I was around 16.
15. your favorite author, if you have one. Bronwyn Williams. She does romance novels but they aren't unrealistic romance novels -- they aren't sappy or stupid. Also Mary Higgins Clark, she is freaking awesome with mysteries!!!
16. the outside of your home. A MESS right now... I actually just got done tearing out SEVEN 20-something year old sticky, prickly bushes. My hands are raw and have thorns in them and my back hurts. I have SOME stuff done, updated & looking nice & new; and other stuff torn to shreds waiting for "inspiration". Other than the live stuff, my house is a 2-story with a brick bottom & siding on top, red shutters, red front door. I have 2 gorgeous Japanese Maples sheltering my front porch which I get lots of compliments on.
17. your favorite type of excersize. I like to lift weights, I have little ones (8 pounds). I also do a LOT of stretching exercises. Lunges, I have heard, make your butt smaller; I have been lunging for like a year now and my butt is only getting bigger so I think I'll give up lunges. I also like to walk.
18. your favorite type of flowers. Roses. My daughter's middle name is Rose. And my lovely Diva Dusty is on my kitchen table right now eating some white roses that my coworkers gave me for Admin Professional's Day.
19. how you used to spend summer vacations as a kid from school? Sleeping in late, watching cartoons, riding my bike, messing around outside with friends. My mom was a stayhome mom. My own daughter doesn't have this luxury, she has to get up early during Summer vaca because I work (duh).
20. if you have anything coming up this week that you'd like magic good vibes for........... Not that I'm aware of! All's well in the land of Steph...
Have a lovely week everyone!