What fountain is best?

iceover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In your opinion, which brand of pet fountain would you recommend buying?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by iceover

In your opinion, which brand of pet fountain would you recommend buying?
i got the Petmate Fresh Flow Purifying Pet Fountain, because it was less expensive - i like it, & so do my girls! got it here

hunter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i got two freshflow, one is noisier than the other one, i exchanged it and same noise while the other one is very quiet and that's how it should be, anyway, they drink from it.

starlie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the Pet Oasis water fountain. It's really easy to clean, holds a lot of water, and it comes in three sizes.

javern

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wow ! never seen the Pet Oasis before, looks like it would hold 5 gal

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Which fountain is "best" depends on your cat's preferences, I should think.
We have the Petmate FreshFlow, because Jamie is quite used to drinking out of regular water bowls. If he'd preferred drinking out of faucets, I would've bought the Drinkwell, which is more like a waterfall, and if he'd been in the habit of lapping up drops of water in the tub or sink, I would've gone with the CatIt. Our part-time cat, ZsaZsa, likes to lick drops of water off of hard surfaces, so her other owner has a CatIt now. Jamie's brothers are water faucet fans, and are quite happy with the Drinkwell.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one like the Water Oasis, actuallt we have three. two one gallon ones for the cats, and a 2.75 gallon for the dogs

3cathouse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Pet Oasis looks very nice, but doesn't the water get dust in it? We had the PetMate Freshflow down for quite a while, but it looks as though its got calcium deposits on it. I have tried vinegar with little luck, and am afraid to use anything harsher to try to clean it because I am not sure if any of the chemicals will seep into the plastic... Anyway, we are back to a big ceramic bowl, but it gets dust and hair in it after a very short amount of time (hours) -- gross.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just received the catit fountain today and I love how quiet it is. All four of my babies like it too. I am so happy with it.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I notice the Catit Fountain has a food bowl that goes on the side. I've always read that the water and food should be in separate places? I don't remember the reasoning behind that now, but it's something I've always done. Otherwise I like the looks of this fountain.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the food bowls detatchable. i dont put it near the ater because they flick the fod in and clog up the filter.

i love my catit. but when i move to my own house i'm going to buy a freshflow too for a bit of variety.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HUNTER

i got two freshflow, one is noisier than the other one, i exchanged it and same noise while the other one is very quiet and that's how it should be, anyway, they drink from it.
We just got one, and the instructions suggest making sure it's really secure to the base if there's vibration noise...ours still does the noise thing uless we have it on low...just some thoughts.

harry15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my two love their petmate fountain. They used to sit in the sink and lick the dripping faucet until "daddy" realized they wanted running water. Moderately cheap at 40 dollars, and haven't had any problems with it yet!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We started with the petmate, which has water running down a ramp. For our cats, it attracted no more attention that a water bowl. We then tried the Drinkwell, which has water pour out over a spout, so it's actually like a fountain and makes the sound of falling water. They all love it, and most of them drink near the top of the water spout as opposed to the bowl part that catches the water.

It does catch hair and dust just like a bowl, but there's a filter. We clean the two fountains we have every two weeks and that keeps the water fresh and clean. We wash the filter too, and replace it every 6 weeks or so.

starlie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatHouse

The Pet Oasis looks very nice, but doesn't the water get dust in it? We had the PetMate Freshflow down for quite a while, but it looks as though its got calcium deposits on it. I have tried vinegar with little luck, and am afraid to use anything harsher to try to clean it because I am not sure if any of the chemicals will seep into the plastic... Anyway, we are back to a big ceramic bowl, but it gets dust and hair in it after a very short amount of time (hours) -- gross.
I've had the Pet Oasis water fountain for a few months and I've never had a problem with dust getting in there. However, I did have a problem with the Freshflow fountain attracting dust and dander.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Catit fountain and I really like it, the girls do as well. I do have to keep the food bowl separated from it as well, because they like to flick food into the fountain and clog the filter. It's quiet. The only reason that I bought it over the Petmate or Freshflow was basically because I liked the whole package, with the mat, food dish, and filters- plus I had a gift certificate for Amazon.com and a 10% off coupon from petfooddirect- via amazon.

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I chose the catit because of the style. The food bowl wasn't a big deal to me. They love licking the dome. Now I know they are getting enough water.

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a CatIt & a Drinkwell & I prefer the CatIt fountain. It's also my cats favorite, they use it much more than the Drinkwell.

I've never used the petmate, but my Mom has one & she got her CatIt fountain she junked the Petmate (hers never worked well).

i am furniture

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat doesn't drink out of his water bowl, but he has no issues at all about drinking out of the toliet. I don't really want him to drink out of the toliet, but when I put the lid down I haven't seen him drink at all so I feel bad then put the lid back up. I was thinking of maybe trying out one of the fountains.

What do you guys think??