Meish has an infection along with mites in her ears. Its a bacteria that typically starts in the throat and moves into the ears. I haven't noticed her having a hard time swallowing but the vet said to keep my eyes open because she may need an oral antibiotic as well as the ointment. Anywho, my question is regarding the ear ointment. I did the first dosage tonight and I think it went fairly well. I put a small amount in each ear (I hope I got it into her ear canal alright, I don't want to stick the tip of the bottle too deep) and I massaged her ears gently after. Of course as soon as she gets off my lap she digs in her ear with her rear paw and then LICKS her foot! Should I be concerned that she ingested a small amt of the ointment? She's acting normally after the incident. She's been cleaning her ears a lot, I imagine it isn't comfortable to have some goo in her ears. I have to do this twice a day for ten days.
post #1 of 2
4/25/05 at 6:22pm