TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › European Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

European Members

post #1 of 17
Thread Starter 
If you get or can get Katzen Extra, the April 2005 issue has a nice article on American Curls, and many photos by a friend of mine, Renate Wald (*though the credits simply say "private", she is the photographer who supplied 9 of the photos)...including of one of my boys - Mihit Patrice Chereau" - aka Io-Patrice, his name in another association. Io was placed as a show alter with Renate and shown in Europe, he is a littermate of Denebola (aka Dee Dee or Big D).
post #2 of 17
Ooooh how exciting Pat!
post #3 of 17
katzen extra you mean here in germany?
post #4 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
katzen extra you mean here in germany?
Yes!
post #5 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
Ooooh how exciting Pat!
I was tickled...Renate is just an awesome photographer anyway, but she always got such lovely shots of Io....my favorites are of him with her Ragdolls (he made a very good "uncle" cat).
post #6 of 17
i will have a look around, is the magazine in english? or is it in german?
post #7 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
i will have a look around, is the magazine in english? or is it in german?
It is in german (and no, I don't read German, though I've begun to recognize some words after all these years of Renate being so kind as to send me german articles on Curls. She's written a few or contributed text and photos for others.)
post #8 of 17
ooohh!
well i will have to go to walmart to have a look, because i dont know if the kiosk here sells it
post #9 of 17
I'll have a look at the train station tomorrow, and see if the April issue is still available. Usually the May issue is already being sold at newsstands this late in the month.
post #10 of 17
I got the next-to-the-last copy. Mihit Patrice Chereau is gorgeous. There are two photos of him, one at 5 months in a wicker basket, and one as an adult, posing beside a birdcage. I love the white stripe on his nose!
post #11 of 17
oh no!
do you think they sell it here? in a small town?
post #12 of 17
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
I got the next-to-the-last copy. Mihit Patrice Chereau is gorgeous. There are two photos of him, one at 5 months in a wicker basket, and one as an adult, posing beside a birdcage. I love the white stripe on his nose!
Yay...you found a copy Thank you, he was just the silliest looking kitten when he was born, and we never expected a bi-color - his nickname was Mr. Bean There is actually a 3rd photo of him in a basket, on the table of contents page.
post #13 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix
Yay...you found a copy Thank you, he was just the silliest looking kitten when he was born, and we never expected a bi-color - his nickname was Mr. Bean There is actually a 3rd photo of him in a basket, on the table of contents page.
I saw the third photo - it's the same one as on page 21, I think. My husband wanted to know why I bought another cat magazine, since I subscribe to two, so I showed him the pictures. Guess which cat he thought was the prettiest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
oh no!
do you think they sell it here? in a small town?
I kind of doubt it. I can only get that magazine at big newsstands in the city. It's geared to breeders, so pretty much "special interest".
post #14 of 17
well im in frankfurt on friday and saturday maybe they still have it at the hauptbahnhof
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwan
well im in frankfurt on friday and saturday maybe they still have it at the hauptbahnhof
You might still be able to get it there. Even if the May issue is already on sale, you could ask if they still have an April issue. "Haben Sie noch die April-Ausgabe von Katzen extra?" Here they were just putting out the May issue, but had two April issues left over.
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
You might still be able to get it there. Even if the May issue is already on sale, you could ask if they still have an April issue. "Haben Sie noch die April-Ausgabe von Katzen extra?" Here they were just putting out the May issue, but had two April issues left over.
ack quatsch Meine Deutsch ist sehr gut
alle menschen spricht english in frankfurt
actually tricia i do speak german, although its not perfect i apparently sound very italian when i speak it haha
I feel happy, just really shy


Na dann, ich probieren am freitag
post #17 of 17
If you have a scanner and can scan the pick in, I would love to see it. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › European Members