TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Changing Sheets lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Changing Sheets lol

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
I had to change the sheets on my bed today. I could not get the fitted sheet on because Dex & Sadie behaved as if a Cat Carnival had come to town. Lots of Fur Fun.
I finally gave up, put them in another room, shut the bedroom door & finished the job.
I would love to hear about your kitties & bed making challenges.
post #2 of 23
Sounds a party!!!.........
any pic of that lovely moment? ...
post #3 of 23
mine isnt bad when i make the bed.
he is terrible though ONCE I have made the bed he will bring his toy on it and play as if there is no tomorrow!
then my bed gets messed again
post #4 of 23
Lordy I have to deal with that as well. They also like to help, NOT, with the laundry.
post #5 of 23
The only time I fully make my bed is when I strip it to wash everything & flip the featherbed thingy underneath the sheets. And, as I'm putting the fitted sheet back on, I have to chase off whoever is basking on the featherbed.

It never fails; every time I go to make the bed, someone gets ONTO the bed at every process; flip the featherbed - cat jumps up - mom chases cat away. Put the fitted sheet on - cat jumps up - mom chases cat away. And so on and so forth right up to the 9 pillows I use.

Well one time I made the bed *around* a cat. Zorro... he had sprawled out on top of the fitted sheet... so I just made the bed overtop of him! And he didn't move! For hours! Just stayed in there like a Pig in a Blanket!

post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknleah
Lordy I have to deal with that as well. They also like to help, NOT, with the laundry.
What is it with cats and changing linens? Mika and Bijou come running from wherever they are to "help" me make the bed. I always have to do it in baby steps. Get one sheet on - leave and the cats follow me. When they aren't looking try to get the next sheet on quickly. Just fast enough because here they come again! Leave again. Try a third time to get the blanket on - oops just made it again. I'm glad we live in a bungalow - I'd hate to have to run up and down stairs that many times to make a single bed.

Laundry - same thing! Mika is crazy about helping me do laundry and Bijou always follows to see what Mika finds so entrancing. Bijou jumped in the washer on top of the dirty clothes one day before I turned the water on and was having trouble getting out. Got him out - then Mika decides the dryer is so nice and warm, why not climb in!

My husband has the same thing going on whenever he tries to do something around the house. Both cats are up close and personal trying to see what he is doing. He was using the cordless drill one day and Bijou's nose was about 2 inches from the bit trying to see what was going on. They follow him around and check out everything he does!

If we are doing anything that might be harmful to them, one of us has to hold them or divert their attention until the other one of us has finished the job.
post #7 of 23
Speaking of which... It's laundry day!

My meowies always go bonkers when I make the bed (esp. laundry day because I'm actually putting ALL sheets back on the bed). As soon as they hear me shake out the sheets, my 7 pound kitty Lex sounds like a heard of wild elephants running into the bedroom! He makes enough noise for the both of them!

Once I start putting on the sheets I shake them up and down for them a bit, and they proceed to dodge, hide, and pounce on each other under the sheets. After I finish, Mik usually lies DIRECTLY in the centre and he turns into a lump in the blanket once that's thrown on top!
post #8 of 23
Too funny... Mika and Bijou sound a lot like my Mik and Lex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
What is it with cats and changing linens? Mika and Bijou come running from wherever they are to "help" me make the bed. I always have to do it in baby steps. Get one sheet on - leave and the cats follow me. When they aren't looking try to get the next sheet on quickly. Just fast enough because here they come again! Leave again. Try a third time to get the blanket on - oops just made it again. I'm glad we live in a bungalow - I'd hate to have to run up and down stairs that many times to make a single bed.

Laundry - same thing! Mika is crazy about helping me do laundry and Bijou always follows to see what Mika finds so entrancing. Bijou jumped in the washer on top of the dirty clothes one day before I turned the water on and was having trouble getting out. Got him out - then Mika decides the dryer is so nice and warm, why not climb in!

My husband has the same thing going on whenever he tries to do something around the house. Both cats are up close and personal trying to see what he is doing. He was using the cordless drill one day and Bijou's nose was about 2 inches from the bit trying to see what was going on. They follow him around and check out everything he does!

If we are doing anything that might be harmful to them, one of us has to hold them or divert their attention until the other one of us has finished the job.
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyedgirl
Well one time I made the bed *around* a cat. Zorro... he had sprawled out on top of the fitted sheet... so I just made the bed overtop of him! And he didn't move! For hours! Just stayed in there like a Pig in a Blanket!
Eponine always does that I call her my "Princess Pig in a Blanket"
post #10 of 23
These are such cute stories! Yes, I always have all the help I could possibly need each time I make the bed! Sierra wants to be right in the middle of everything! Such a sweet little helper!!
post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Oh Sheet!
I am cracking up at your bed making stories. It sounds like we are all in the same boat.
Our Funny, Fuzzy, Furbabies love bed making.

Darkeyedgirl...the picture of your furbaby's ear & white whiskers, sticking out of the sea of red on your bed ... is priceless.
post #12 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra
These are such cute stories! Yes, I always have all the help I could possibly need each time I make the bed! Sierra wants to be right in the middle of everything! Such a sweet little helper!!

Exactly what Saba does now. She sits in the center when the top sheet is put on and waits for the other one to be thrown over her but she won't move so I can finish.
post #13 of 23
Jamie's favorite day of the week is Friday, because he gets to help me change the bed. He loves to stand on the sheets and be "pulled along" when I strip it, tries to climb under the mattress when I lift the edges to put on the fitted sheet, and actually crawls into the freshly covered duvets.
Probably they're just very particular about how "their" beds are made.
post #14 of 23
Yep...Tailer LOVES to get made into the bed. He comes running as soon as he hears me shaking a sheet, jumps into the middle of the bed, lays down, and starts purring!! I have to make the bed up with him in it. When I'm done, I have to go to the lump in the bed, and hug him and talk to him through the covers.

I'm not sure how this routine got started, but it's a firm rule now. He gets downright mad if I don't do it the way I'm supposed to. If I don't hug him at the end he'll stay there and meow at me until I come and do it.
post #15 of 23
Jazzy likes to hide under the blankets. I just let him, but if he doesn't move, I move him on the other side of the bed.
post #16 of 23
My kitties don't help with making the bed, but if they had the opportunity they probably would!
post #17 of 23
Yes! Mashie has to help me with the laundry--inspecting each thing I put in the washer, seeing that I put it in right, that I add the proper amount of soap... LOL. Then I make sure she's in my arms before I close the lid and turn it on. Same for the dryer. And making the bed! She races in circles while I fluff up the featherbed, helps track down and pluck all the pokey feathers, and does flips while I put the sheets on. I too end up with a kitty pierogie after the covers go on. Eventually she slinks her way out and hops up to chase herself around the fresh bed.

Presh just watches with an amused expression.
post #18 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by StMatthew
Yes! Mashie has to help me with the laundry--inspecting each thing I put in the washer, seeing that I put it in right, that I add the proper amount of soap... LOL.
Presh just watches with an amused expression.
This is funny.

Love that doggie there too.
post #19 of 23
Those are all cute stories!
Mini loves helping Mom make the bed & do laundry, too. She will walk around or run around just enough to get in my way. Sometims I push her over & make playtime out of it. She just HAS to lay in a basket of fresh clothes, or on top of them on the bed before I put them away. She will attack each peice of clothing as I pick it up to put it away.
post #20 of 23
my 1st cat, Medley, used to love sheet-changing time, & i treated it as a game. when i moved back in with my parents to go back to school, she came with me. the 1st time my mom was making her bed, there was Medley, right in the middle, waiting for the sheet to come down!
my current cats are not at all interested in bed changing
post #21 of 23
Love all your stories. Boy, I think we all have the same problem!! LOL Tiggy is the worst! He wants to get underneath all the time......



Here's Petals fighting with him under the sheet as I'm trying to make the bed
post #22 of 23
susie, those pic's are great
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazx01
susie, those pic's are great

Awww, thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Changing Sheets lol