or Connect
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Wish me luck, interview tomorrow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wish me luck, interview tomorrow

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
Wish me luck, I have a job interview tomorrow.I haven't had a job interview in 8 years except for a little summer job i got. I have been in my present job for 8 years and I feel like I am leaving home for the first time again!

I know not to put too much on the first interview, so I am just seeing this as a 'getting to know you' time. But want to do my best and be someone they would want to hire. But I am really nervous, I am having stress reactions in my body etc (major allergy attack today, left work early...)
post #2 of 26
Good luck tomorrow I'm sure youll do just fine! What kind of job is it?Why are you leaving the current one? We need details!
post #3 of 26
Good luck Marge! Lots of vibes coming your way!
post #4 of 26
git er done
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
I'm leaving my present job cause I have gone as far with it as I can. It's time, I really should have left a few years ago but then 9/11 happened and the economy slowed and I kind of wanted to maintain status quo.
post #6 of 26
Good luck, Marge! You can do it.
post #7 of 26
Good for you! That's very courageous and I completely understand where you're coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
I'm leaving my present job cause I have gone as far with it as I can. It's time, I really should have left a few years ago but then 9/11 happened and the economy slowed and I kind of wanted to maintain status quo.
post #8 of 26
Javern, your responses always kill me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javern
git er done
post #9 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespacat
Good for you! That's very courageous and I completely understand where you're coming from.
Thanks yeah it's scary. But I am also getting more and more frustrated and I know if I don't leave it will be scarier.

You know it seems so much more complicated now than when I looked before, all this online applications and cell numbers,and email addresses (someone told me to make up some generic one for job hunts, the person one sounds too kitchy)
post #10 of 26
Good luck with the interview Marge.
post #11 of 26
Yep, it is scary, and you're right, it is a lot of work... But it seems to me you've already decided what is the right thing for you, and what will determine your happiness on the job. We spend so much of our time at work, it's important to feel at least content with where you are.

You'll do just fine! It sounds like you've got it all under control and your strategies sound great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Thanks yeah it's scary. But I am also getting more and more frustrated and I know if I don't leave it will be scarier.

You know it seems so much more complicated now than when I looked before, all this online applications and cell numbers,and email addresses (someone told me to make up some generic one for job hunts, the person one sounds too kitchy)
post #12 of 26
Great tons of luck Marge!!!
I, too, have my resume out there...I feel if I don't make a move then I will become a relic. Must keep moving forward sometimes!
post #13 of 26
Good luck! You are going to do great!!! Just think positive vibes are coming your way.
post #14 of 26
(((((Huge good luck vibes)))))on their way to you Marge
post #15 of 26
You're going to handle yourself wonderfully!
post #16 of 26
Good luck! You will be exceptional!
post #17 of 26
In 2000 I found myself out in the job market for the first time in 20 years and it was the scariest experience I have ever had. I had been so lucky - never had to actively search, but this writing of CVs and going to interviews was daunting. I found I did best when I persuaded myself I didn't really care about the job in hand - I was more relaxed. I am sure you will do well - good luck.
post #18 of 26
GOOD LUCK!!
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thanks, it helps so much to wake to your lovely responses! I am having my healthy breakfast and ONE cup of coffee as I prepare to go. and Sammy is sitting with me encouraging Mommy (he says "if you get a better job, does this mean more
canned food?")
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marge
Thanks, it helps so much to wake to your lovely responses! I am having my healthy breakfast and ONE cup of coffee as I prepare to go. and Sammy is sitting with me encouraging Mommy (he says "if you get a better job, does this mean more
canned food?")

ONE cup of coffee! very cute.
post #21 of 26
Marge, you have my best wishes!!!, don´t be nervous you can do it!!!
post #22 of 26
I'm probably getting on this thread a bit too late but....I HOPE GOOD LUCK WAS WITH YOU MARGE I'm sure everything went great and you wowed them with your stick-to-itiveness in your present job. Can't wait to hear how things went!
post #23 of 26
I saw this too late! How did it go?
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat
I saw this too late! How did it go?
.....

I think your intentions it´s that count Tricia! ...
post #25 of 26
Thread Starter 
Hi!

Thanks again, really waking up to your thoughts was great.

Good news is it went well. I was surprised at myself in how confident i felt, I even felt a gastrointestinal event but didn't panic!

Bad news is I don't think it's the job for me. But I am glad I got a first interview under my belt, I needed to jump into the cold water. It turns out it's just a one year contract job, the guy who had it just got deployed to Iraq of all things and so they are filling the job for a year (of course there is the unthinkable along those lines) Benefits would be limited, and I wouldn't accrue retirement like I do now. Soo...probably not a great move BUT I will keep an open mind if they call me back.

I just applied to another job that really interests me so I am just plugging away.
post #26 of 26
good luck! i'm sending good vibes

I too recently had to find a job after 4 years of working in one place - it was nervewrecking, but it worked out very well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Wish me luck, interview tomorrow