TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › SAR, here are the pics you asked for of our yard work this weekend. All welcome!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SAR, here are the pics you asked for of our yard work this weekend. All welcome!!!

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
One of our projects this weekend was to get our pond going. What a back breaking things with all the rocks........but it really does look nice. Can't wait to get my flowers back there and mulch, etc.


If you look close at the top, you can see the start of the water flowing...


Then we moved on to building a rock wall around my front flower beds.




I had to plant a couple of flowerrs, so I planted some cool weather loving Pansies.



And last but not least, Petals telling Tiggy a secret.......of what? Who knows!


Hope you enjoyed.......I need to go back to work tomorrow just to rest!
post #2 of 27
Wow, you've been working hard today, Susie!
post #3 of 27
aww wow that pond looks wonderful!
We have a pond out here, and i love watching these large goldfish swimming around!! do you have fish in it yet? and have you actually covered it? so other kitties dont get into it and eat their tuna?


I bet petals was saying how bad you are of not giving them more treats
post #4 of 27
Good work Susie

Petals could be taking bets on how many fish you've put in the pond for them!
post #5 of 27
Oh wow, you have a lovely yard. I like the fountain!!
Those pansies are gorgeous!!
I am envious...I can't wait to have a house and a yard to prettify.
post #6 of 27
Thread Starter 
You know guys, I've never had any luck with the fish, so I don't bother with them. I hate to kill the little guys!
post #7 of 27
awww!
ive had my fishies in my tank for half a year now so im very proud!
post #8 of 27
Lovely pictures, Susie. I love the pond!
post #9 of 27
Looks wonderful! My back hurts just looking at it. I did alot of weeding, redefining the flower beds (the grass was threatening to overtake them) and I filled in the ruts on the side of the driveway that me, my husband and the snow plow guys made - and I am still no where near done! I am so jealous of how much you guys got done in just the weekend - I worked on mine for 5 days and still have lots to do.

For you guys wishing for a house and yard - be carefull what you wish for!
post #10 of 27
Thread Starter 
That's right Tracey.....it's a lot of hard work. But then again, my sister in law and brother have a beautiful house, and she does absolutely nothing to the outside but occasionally mow. To each his own, but I'd rather have a house that I can do this kind of stuff too than not.......
post #11 of 27
It looks fantastic! I'm so jealous - apartment living is so not the same as living in a house. Keep up the good work, it's definitely paying off!
post #12 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thanks Joanne!
post #13 of 27
Wow Susie! What a great job you two did!! And I was moaning because I was working in the yard this weekend! Nothing compared to what you have done. I bet you are bushed!
post #14 of 27
Lookin' good, Susie! You must be beat, but I hope you are also feeling a sense of accomplishment. It looks lovely.
post #15 of 27
Thread Starter 
Thanks Chris and Fran......yes, it does give you a sense of accomplishment when you get things done around the house.............but your aslo right, I"m beat........shower time!
post #16 of 27
Wow Susie, your yard is awesome! Great work!!
post #17 of 27
Looks GREAT Susie cant wait til I have enough time to finish mine! P.S. Love your foutain.
post #18 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by misstorri
Looks GREAT Susie cant wait til I have enough time to finish mine! P.S. Love your foutain.

Thanks Torri!!!
post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester&Piper
Wow Susie, your yard is awesome! Great work!!
Thanks Linda!
post #20 of 27
Thread Starter 
Bump!
post #21 of 27
Wow. I am a little jealous. The fountain and landscaping look fantastic.
post #22 of 27
Thank you, Susie! I have been really looking forward to seeing your hard work! WOW, it certainly has been good work!

I love the pond with the fountain and waterfall! What will you plant around there? That is definitely going to be lovely in the summer with the sun shimmering on the waterfall! (I love the little fishing people too, they are so cute! )

Your borders in the front look great, as do the pansies! I don't blame you for not being able to resist planting some flowers!

What else are you planning to do?
post #23 of 27
Dang, chick! I'm tired this morning just looking at your pictures! Wanna come to my house when you and Jerry get done? I'll trade the two of you food for yardwork!
post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy
Dang, chick! I'm tired this morning just looking at your pictures! Wanna come to my house when you and Jerry get done? I'll trade the two of you food for yardwork!

LOL, how did you know we work for good Cindy??
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar
Thank you, Susie! I have been really looking forward to seeing your hard work! WOW, it certainly has been good work!

I love the pond with the fountain and waterfall! What will you plant around there? That is definitely going to be lovely in the summer with the sun shimmering on the waterfall! (I love the little fishing people too, they are so cute! )

Your borders in the front look great, as do the pansies! I don't blame you for not being able to resist planting some flowers!

What else are you planning to do?
Hi Sar! Glad you liked the pics. Well, around the pond, I just plant assorted flowers. Not sure what from year to year. They have to be able to take alot of sun because it is sunny there most of the day. I will take another pic next month when I do that.

Other than planting flowers and mulching, we are pretty much done. I have a few odds and ends cute little statues that I put out too. It's fun!
post #26 of 27
Good Morning Susie! what a lovely work do you have to done! Jerry help you a lot? , those boys fishing are so cute!!!! I figured you´re so tiredm, isn´t but is really beautiful your fountain!
hope can I in a near future, Could I put one on my back yard too!!!

What Petals tell to Tiggy?????
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCat
Good Morning Susie! what a lovely work do you have to done! Jerry help you a lot? , those boys fishing are so cute!!!! I figured you´re so tiredm, isn´t but is really beautiful your fountain!
hope can I in a near future, Could I put one on my back yard too!!!

What Petals tell to Tiggy?????
Thanks Rigel. Yes, Jerry did help alot. As a matter of fact, he did more than me. I was basically his helper.

As for what Petals told Tiggy, they still won't tell me the stinkers! I think they're cooking something up!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › SAR, here are the pics you asked for of our yard work this weekend. All welcome!!!