TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Awesome the perfect thing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Awesome the perfect thing

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
My boys have the worst habit in the world of trying to get in my plate of food while Ken and I are having dinner. The Sammycat is the worst one cause if I am talking to Ken or watching tv the next thing I see is a black paw in my plate trying to steal whatever is on there Gotta love him though.

Anywho for the perfect correction for my boys I have a can of air, like you use to clean a keyboard with, and puffed it at them. SURPRISE Sammycat What you didn't like that? Did the trick they are now just watching to make sure that I don't pick up that can instead of trying to take the food off my plate.

What I like about that is it doesn't do anything but scare them, no water to damage anything, but sure does get their attention
post #2 of 16
Mine hate that, too!
post #3 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiecat
My boys have the worst habit in the world of trying to get in my plate of food while Ken and I are having dinner. The Sammycat is the worst one cause if I am talking to Ken or watching tv the next thing I see is a black paw in my plate trying to steal whatever is on there Gotta love him though.

Anywho for the perfect correction for my boys I have a can of air, like you use to clean a keyboard with, and puffed it at them. SURPRISE Sammycat What you didn't like that? Did the trick they are now just watching to make sure that I don't pick up that can instead of trying to take the food off my plate.

What I like about that is it doesn't do anything but scare them, no water to damage anything, but sure does get their attention

LOL, sounds like you found the right thing! He he he, I bet they were like, "what the heck??? " I might have to try that with my kids. Salem is already at me when I had a piece of pizza tonight. How can I resist that look though? LOL
post #4 of 16

I see the word NO is not in their vocabulary!
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayi

I see the word NO is not in their vocabulary!
Boy you've got that right especially The Sammycat he is determined to get food from me anyway he can. He has even reached to take it out of my mouth before...silly boy
post #6 of 16
Great idea Cathi, might just have to use that. Sister-in-law and her roomate were over the other night eating dessert while watching the Astros on the tv, and Mittens stretched up to the tv tray and started pawing at their hands, glad he didn't knock anything over He does look darn cute though when he does that

Anyway, how have you been?!
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
Great idea Cathi, might just have to use that. Sister-in-law and her roomate were over the other night eating dessert while watching the Astros on the tv, and Mittens stretched up to the tv tray and started pawing at their hands, glad he didn't knock anything over He does look darn cute though when he does that

Anyway, how have you been?!
Hey Candie
I have been doing a lot better since starting pain management with a pain specialist doctor. I can honestly say that I am having more good days than really bad days now. I do have to take pain pills 4 times a day every day but hey it's a whole lot better than me lying in the fetal postion crying all the time.

How are Mittens and Watson?
post #8 of 16
That sounds like a good idea! Cos it can't hurt them of course! Perfect.
post #9 of 16
Just make sure its not harmful. alot of those air cans are harmful and get really cold and cause frostbite!
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiecat
Hey Candie
I have been doing a lot better since starting pain management with a pain specialist doctor. I can honestly say that I am having more good days than really bad days now. I do have to take pain pills 4 times a day every day but hey it's a whole lot better than me lying in the fetal postion crying all the time.

How are Mittens and Watson?

I am glad to hear that things are looking better now. Are you starting to ween yourself off of the pain medication? Or does the pain get worse if you do that?

Mittens and Watson are doing well
post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
I am glad to hear that things are looking better now. Are you starting to ween yourself off of the pain medication? Or does the pain get worse if you do that?

Mittens and Watson are doing well
No my pain doc has told me that I need to take it like clock work. I can tell you this, I missed 2 doses in a row by the next morning I was in tears and unable to walk. Ken had to go and get my meds for me, then he held me until they started working I can say this I learned a valuable lesson right then....take the meds like I am suppossed to So I guess I will be taking them for a long time unless they have a treatment to make those nerves stop screaming at me.

Glad your furbabies are doing well
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiecat
No my pain doc has told me that I need to take it like clock work. I can tell you this, I missed 2 doses in a row by the next morning I was in tears and unable to walk. Ken had to go and get my meds for me, then he held me until they started working I can say this I learned a valuable lesson right then....take the meds like I am suppossed to So I guess I will be taking them for a long time unless they have a treatment to make those nerves stop screaming at me.

Glad your furbabies are doing well
Wow...I didn't realize...glad they are helping you and sounds like Ken is doing a good job...you got him trained well
post #13 of 16
that's a good idea!

This one time I was just about to sit down to eat my yummy Steak dinner, and the phone rang.... so I went to get it, the phone was in the other room. when I came back in the kitchen to eat..... well was I .

Katie and Simba were chowing down on my Steak
and there was nothing I could do

I ended up throwing it out.

I should have had one of those air cans!!!
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by caprice
Wow...I didn't realize...glad they are helping you and sounds like Ken is doing a good job...you got him trained well
Yep Ken is a lot better than the ex was, all the ex would do when I was like this is tell me I was lying about it Jerk from the word go and that is being really nice, for this forum

Ken is absoultley wonderful He said that he doesn't like to see me in pain all the time so he is happy about my pain doc appointments. I have to go once a month to the pain clinic. Oh well it is better than the pain that's for sure.
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Cat
that's a good idea!

This one time I was just about to sit down to eat my yummy Steak dinner, and the phone rang.... so I went to get it, the phone was in the other room. when I came back in the kitchen to eat..... well was I .

Katie and Simba were chowing down on my Steak
and there was nothing I could do

I ended up throwing it out.

I should have had one of those air cans!!!
Oh Katie they just wanted to help clear the plate. I know I would have been with my boys that's for sure.
post #16 of 16
It's not the cat that I am really worried about it...it's Watson!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Awesome the perfect thing