TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The coolest 60's toy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The coolest 60's toy

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
You youngin's don't know what real fun is. My uncle (6 yrs my senior) had a Creepy Crawler. I wanted one sooo bad. Here's a video. Scroll down to watch the Creepy Crawler

http://www.tvparty.com/vaultcomsat.html
post #2 of 21
Remember Incredible Edibles? Friends had that one. I thought the stuff tasted terrible!
post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Where they edible bugs? I kinda remember something like that?
post #4 of 21
We were so poor growing up in the '60's that we thought empty boxes were the best toys. We were in heaven when mom got a new washing machine (and we got the box). Am I a cat in human disguise?

LOL Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!
post #5 of 21
There was a "girl" thing just like the Creepy Crawlies called Fun Flowers. You poured goo into little molds, put them in the thing that got very hot, and in a few minutes, you had little plastic bugs or flowers. No way they would make a kid's toy that got that hot now.
post #6 of 21
I was a kid of the 70's so I remember lite-bright, lincoln logs, and tonka trunks

Remember the ORIGINAL easy-bake over? It looked like an over and was all pink. Now it's the easy-bake toaster oven LOL

You could buy yourself some Creepy Crawlers (though it's not EXACTLY the same) here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...054559-4383316

post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
hmm.. I can't decide. Nothing quite like the original. Plus I still need to buy the Lite Brite and the Easy Bake Oven that I didn't have and NEEDED when I was a child
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2
There was a "girl" thing just like the Creepy Crawlies called Fun Flowers. You poured goo into little molds, put them in the thing that got very hot, and in a few minutes, you had little plastic bugs or flowers. No way they would make a kid's toy that got that hot now.
My brother had Creepy Crawlers and I had Fun Flowers. My Mom still has the skeleton bracelet my bro made for her. He also had a lead soldier set. He actually melted the lead and had molds for the soldiers. LEAD! Can you believe it?
post #9 of 21
I had a Lite Brite. I always wanted an Easy Bake Oven!
post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
I believe it. It's amazing how any of us survived. I can remember my older Uncle receiving a Chemistry set. He would mix things together and fizzle and pop and smoke. I don't think they'd sell that to children now.
post #11 of 21
I never had an Easy Bake Oven...

I had access to the real thing! With Mom's guidance, of course. Started baking at age 4.
post #12 of 21
I don't recall us ever having anything like Creepy Crawlers over here.

We do have Chemistry sets though, full of noxious chemicals and bits of fancy looking equipment - we bought one for my daughter and now she wants to do Science at Uni (which came first I wonder?) . We bred a science geek
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady
I never had an Easy Bake Oven...

I had access to the real thing! With Mom's guidance, of course. Started baking at age 4.
Wow! Jan! I'm impressed!!!

Quote:
I don't recall us ever having anything like Creepy Crawlers over here.
It's O.K., Beth. I will send you some rubber spiders
post #14 of 21
I wish I still had our Rock'em Sock'Em Robots!
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva
It's O.K., Beth. I will send you some rubber spiders


Mum and dad probably thought I didn't need a toy like that though because dad bred butterflies and moths so we always had tubs of big furry caterpillars around
post #16 of 21
I had forgotten about the Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots! Those were so much fun. If they made an updated version, they would probably have blood splattering and brains flying out, instead of just knocking their block off. Nothing simple any more!
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by captiva
hmm.. I can't decide. Nothing quite like the original. Plus I still need to buy the Lite Brite and the Easy Bake Oven that I didn't have and NEEDED when I was a child
i thought you were 29??
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kat2
I had forgotten about the Rock'Em Sock'Em Robots! Those were so much fun. If they made an updated version, they would probably have blood splattering and brains flying out, instead of just knocking their block off. Nothing simple any more!
Check this out - Not the same thing, but simular - I bought my BF remote control robots at Wal-Mart last year. They are so much fun! Its a red and blue pair that spins around with a sword and shield. (My BF is 46. I don't care how old the guy is, they all like remote control toys).
post #19 of 21
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy-DHH
Now I know what my BF's next gift will be!
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momofmany
We were so poor growing up in the '60's that we thought empty boxes were the best toys. We were in heaven when mom got a new washing machine (and we got the box). Am I a cat in human disguise?

LOL Thanks for the trip down memory lane!!
I kind of remember something like the Creepy Crawler..
But the boxes were great! we would get our markers & draw controls inside to make them into spaceships, probably shortly after seeing Star Wars. We were poor too, & had a blast.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The coolest 60's toy